1816 hst or 2216 hst

/ 1816 hst or 2216 hst #1  

casolorz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
I am starting to get quotes on a small Mahindra with a MMM and a front loader. The models I have mostly looked at are the 1816 and the 2216.
What kind of prices should I expect? so far I've gotten anywhere between 13K and 17K for the 1816.

Thanks,

--Carlos

/ 1816 hst or 2216 hst #2  
I am starting to get quotes on a small Mahindra with a MMM and a front loader. The models I have mostly looked at are the 1816 and the 2216.
What kind of prices should I expect? so far I've gotten anywhere between 13K and 17K for the 1816.

Thanks,

--Carlos

We have a new 2007 1815--same as a 1816 with loader and 52 MMM for 13999. Thanks James

/ 1816 hst or 2216 hst #3  
I have a 2015HST which is basically the same as the 2216HST. Have you ever thought of buying a 3 point finish mower for the rear instead of the MMM? I can put on and take off my Woods finish mower in just a few minutes with no tools and no need to get under the tractor and no hydraulic lines to mess with. The only reason why I would ever consider a MMM is if I were going to cut grass with the loader off or use in tight spaces, again with the loader off. My 2015 doesn't have a turning radius like a garden tractor so if you have a lot of trees to go around, you might be happy with the MMM unless the trees are close together.

If you are cutting a wide open space, then why not price out a rear mower. I bet it would be cheaper than the MMM.

One last point to consider. With the rear mower off, I have full ground clearance when I really need to use the front end loader for digging into the soil or moving over or around sand or rock piles. That alone makes all the difference in the world.

Just my 2 cents...

/ 1816 hst or 2216 hst
Is the finish the same? I always heard the pull behind ones didn't finish it all as nicely, but I haven't actually compared.

--Carlos

/ 1816 hst or 2216 hst #5  
Depends on the finish mower, we have seen the same results with either. The big difference is the mid mower is off the 2000 RPM shaft so it actually takes more hp to run. On the 1815/16 in high grass you will have to slow down with a 60 rear mower we noticed we could maintain ground speed in taller or wet grass. The mid mower is so much easier to navigate the tight spots with so that is something to consider more than finish.

Buck