Buying Advice Mahindra 5530

/ Mahindra 5530 #1  

FrankBenevento

Tractor
MF 2615 FWD
Hello, i am new to the forum but i have been doing alot of reading here about mahindra so i thought i would post some questions.

I am thinking about buying a 5530 but i can't really find much feed back on them.. I am looking for a heavy tractor that can handle the work.. i have a very tough driveway that requires alot of winter maintenence.. plowing with backblade.. sanding.. (thats a topic for later :) ..... I also need to do alot of winter wood.. hauling.. pulling trees.. stuff like that.. Is the 5530 a good match or is it too much tractor..??

so far the two local dealers have been a TOTAL dissapointment.. so i went out farther.. (alot farther).. im looking at buying a tractor and shipping it here.. i have a deal in the works that follows: 5530 new with 266 FEL Loaded tires with water/antifreeze combo.. for 22700. (he is taking off 1k for some faded paint..) plus i'll pay about 1k for shipping... so 23700 out the door. (this is still 2300 less then my local dealer will sell it to me for)

Question time..

1.. Is this a good deal?
2.. Is this too much tractor??? would the 4035 be the better choice..

i would LOVE to hear some love/hate stories from other 5530 owners...

thanks in advance.. and thanks for all the great posting on this board!

Frank

/ Mahindra 5530 #2  
Hello, i am new to the forum but i have been doing alot of reading here about mahindra so i thought i would post some questions.

I am thinking about buying a 5530 but i can't really find much feed back on them.. I am looking for a heavy tractor that can handle the work.. i have a very tough driveway that requires alot of winter maintenence.. plowing with backblade.. sanding.. (thats a topic for later :) ..... I also need to do alot of winter wood.. hauling.. pulling trees.. stuff like that.. Is the 5530 a good match or is it too much tractor..??

so far the two local dealers have been a TOTAL dissapointment.. so i went out farther.. (alot farther).. im looking at buying a tractor and shipping it here.. i have a deal in the works that follows: 5530 new with 266 FEL Loaded tires with water/antifreeze combo.. for 22700. (he is taking off 1k for some faded paint..) plus i'll pay about 1k for shipping... so 23700 out the door. (this is still 2300 less then my local dealer will sell it to me for)

Question time..

1.. Is this a good deal?
2.. Is this too much tractor??? would the 4035 be the better choice..

i would LOVE to hear some love/hate stories from other 5530 owners...

thanks in advance.. and thanks for all the great posting on this board!

Frank

2WD or 4WD?

I have a 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, gear tranny 8F/2R, power steering) with the ML 250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift to 10.5 ft height). It's a big, heavy, simple tractor. The engine is loud, but you get used to the sound. No problems after about 100 hours.

The 5530 has 8F/8R fully synchronized gear tranny and an independent PTO, both of which are superior to the tranny/pto on my 5525.

/ Mahindra 5530 #3  
Hello, Frank
Being I am a dealer I am going to say to much about the pricing other than the dealer is not out side of being fair. The 5530 is a strong durable tractor and will meet your needs and then some. The one thing I would like to make you aware of is, if you are in a climate like mine, near Buffalo NY, you will need to either house the tractor indoors, or install a block heater and plug it in. I have found that if the tractor is just housed inside out of the wind, starting, in the cold, isn't usually a problem, but if not the block heater is a must. The 4035 would also do your job, but I don't believe you will find much savings going to the smaller tractor. I hope I have been helpful, and hope you will be owning a Mahindra tractor in the near future.

/ Mahindra 5530 #4  
Is the 5530 a good match or is it too much tractor..??
Frank
Frank,
You can never have too much tractor, but you can get too little of a tractor in a hurry. Lean to a larger tractor and it won't strain to do what you ask of it.:thumbsup: Buy too little a tractor and watch it break.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 5530
Ty for all the great replies.

flusher:
Its the 4wd model. I have a buddy down the road that owns some larger
4wd tractors.. and even then.. he has had some hard times making it up here in the winter.. its a verrry tough driveway. so i have no illusions that i will need 4wd.. (and if i don't keep up on the maintenence.... chains).

LAWALLSTRACTOR:
i will have to get a block heater for sure.. i'll get it installed before winter. i do shed my tractors.. this ones bigger then my old one.. so i have to check the demensions :)

Brandi.. those re my thoughts EXACTLY.. this is why im acutally upgrading.. my small tractor is litterally breaking.. trying to handle the snow.. and heavy workload..

Thanks again.

happy to be here!

/ Mahindra 5530 #6  
Frank,

You will not find hardly any problem questions about the 5530. I have an 08' 5530 4wd Turbo and this tractor came with the 266ML FEL. We just bought Skid Steer Forks for it and this has alot of uses. We also pull a 10' brush mower. Have a 78" twin hydraulic adjustment blade made by Bison. This tractor handles nicely. Be sure to get at least twin spools for hydraulics. Won't regret it.

WFR

/ Mahindra 5530 #7  
Frank, the 5530 4wd is a workhorse, sounds like a good tractor for you.

I'd suggest you list your location. Sometimes a dealer has a demo or something or a member here has a tractor he is selling, but if you are in Maine and he is in Arizona, that is info that is needed. Also, you will sometimes find that you have a TBN memeber close by with a similar tractor and he can tell you how it works in your environment.

/ Mahindra 5530
Very good idea DavesTractor.

I live in PA - 16731. close to Bradford PA.. or Olean NY.. (just outside the middle of nowhere :)

/ Mahindra 5530 #9  
Your wise to get the block heater. My sister went to the Penn State extension in Bradford. That's the coldest town in all of PA.:D

/ Mahindra 5530 #10  
I purchased a Mahindra 5530 2wd last year and it has worked just great for me. In south Texas, we don't have to worry about cold or 4wd. So far, it has been a good tractor. The dealer took good care of me so far. I have about 48 hours on it. It gets smoother each time I use it. The dealer added the double hydraulics for the back at no charge. I paid less than $20,000. It has a front end loader... model 261 with a 6' Woods shredder model BB72X. I paid cash for the shredder so it wasn't included in the price. I also got 5 years no interest.

Very happy with it so far. I did see two very small leaks in hydraulic fluid. I will bring that up with the free 50 hour checkup and oil change. I got mine at Valley Farm Equipment about 34 miles from here. They have come and picked it up each time it needed something at no charge.