July 2010 Mahindra price list

/ July 2010 Mahindra price list #1  

picker77

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3032E, dual remotes, TnT, tooth bar, grapple
FWIW, here's a piece of paper I collected while tractor shopping in Oklahoma. The Mahindras I looked at were very nice looking and easy-driving machines, and I was very tempted to buy one, but I finally bought a John Deere 3032E and 305 loader for $900 *less* than a Mahindra 2816HST 4WD with a loader. JD is being pretty agressive on pricing right now, at least on 3032's, and of course the JD dealership parts/support network blows away any "overseas" brand, which is very important to me.

In spite of (or because of) the current economic climate, this is a great time to buy a new tractor if you can swing it.

Attachments

• Mahindra prices.jpg
    Mahindra prices.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 31,670
   / July 2010 Mahindra price list #2  
Those prices are outrageously high !

I think you went to the highest price dealer around, I wish I could sell Mahindras for those prices.

No wonder the Deere was lower priced:D

/ July 2010 Mahindra price list
No, I went to the ONLY dealer around. Maybe that's got something to do with it. :)

/ July 2010 Mahindra price list #4  
Those prices are outrageously high !

I think you went to the highest price dealer around, I wish I could sell Mahindras for those prices.

No wonder the Deere was lower priced:D

I wish too. If my wish would come true, maybe I could retire someday.

/ July 2010 Mahindra price list #5  
:thumbsup:
FWIW, here's a piece of paper I collected while tractor shopping in Oklahoma. The Mahindras I looked at were very nice looking and easy-driving machines, and I was very tempted to buy one, but I finally bought a John Deere 3032E and 305 loader for $900 *less* than a Mahindra 2816HST 4WD with a loader. JD is being pretty agressive on pricing right now, at least on 3032's, and of course the JD dealership parts/support network blows away any "overseas" brand, which is very important to me.

In spite of (or because of) the current economic climate, this is a great time to buy a new tractor if you can swing it.

I visited a dealer yesterday in Chickasha, OK that now has Mahindra too. They told me that they have 3 locations in Oklahoma. I currently own a 5525 that I bought out of state, because of pricing. I am looking to go to the 4530 4wd. That is an awesome tractor for the price. The dealer there was very helpful and reasonable on his prices compared to this sheet you show and has a service department out of this world.

I agree with TractorErnie, the prices on this sheet are about $2,000 - $3,000 too high from what I have seen and been quoted. I seen an add on a Mahindra 4025 the other day out of Texas for $9,999 and that is over $3,000 cheaper than this dealer is trying to get.:ashamed:

It is going to be hard for me to trade my 5525, because it has been an awesome tractor and I have not had a single problem with it so far. In my opinion, nothing can compare to the Mahindra specs and quality. :D

I don't mean to knock your purchase, but you bought the cheapest made tractor on the market today in the 3000 series deere. I have looked at these tractors when I was looking at the 5045E deere and they are very cheap made with plastic hoods and aluminum transmission cases/housings.:confused2:

I did a lot of research when I bought my 5525 and there was not a tractor on the market that could compete with the Mahindra at that time. :thumbsup:

I said he was the only dealer around, and that he had some tractors. I didn't say he was selling any--maybe he's not, he didn't sell me one. :) Actually he was trying harder to sell me an LS than a Mahindra. And I have to admit the Koreans seem to know how to build a nice tractor. Heavy duty as heck, nice loaders (looked heavier built than equivalent Mahindras) AND the C3030 comes with dual rear hydraulics installed, which to me is a heck of a plus, and something that would be a super-attractive feature on JD's or other mainstream brands. I don't know yet how much it will cost me to put top and tilt outlets on this 3032E, but I'll bet it's up in the $1500 range.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

I agree with TractorErnie, the prices on this sheet are about $2,000 - $3,000 too high

In my opinion, nothing can compare to the Mahindra specs and quality. :D

I don't mean to knock your purchase, but you bought the cheapest made tractor on the market today

Well, son of a gun. I posted one dealer's Mahindra asking prices, got smacked around because they are too high, and then told I bought a cheap piece of junk in a new John Deere 3000 series. Thanks, gentlemen, you have my apologies for posting those prices, and you have a nice day. I do believe I'll keep dealer price information and such to myself from now on when I come across it.

/ July 2010 Mahindra price list #8  
Well I for one am, very glad you made this post. I am in chickasha oklahoma, and the dealer that was talked about, has now started carrying the Mahindra. and do have a fine service department. I did notice that the mahindra line of tractors are very heavely constructed;. I was Impressed with the quality of their product. I thought that massy-ferguson was going to be the brand that I would own, but I have spent $$$$ on repairs. but that is my own fault because when I break something, I don't cut corners on shade tree repairs. that being said next summer when I up grade and up size.
Mahindra will have a new customer.
Thanks again for posting this POST
David

/ July 2010 Mahindra price list #9  
Well, son of a gun. I posted one dealer's Mahindra asking prices, got smacked around because they are too high, and then told I bought a cheap piece of junk in a new John Deere 3000 series. Thanks, gentlemen, you have my apologies for posting those prices, and you have a nice day. I do believe I'll keep dealer price information and such to myself from now on when I come across it.

Well what do you expect coming on here and saying things like......and of course the JD dealership parts/support network blows away any "overseas" brand, which is very important to me.
I dumped a JD brush hog with a leaking gearbox seal because I could not purchase parts to rebuild the seals. I would have had to buy a new gearbox AND a new hub, because the new gearbox had a different size shaft. Come to find out that JD brush hog was made in France.
I think what Tractorsandmore meant is that your 3032E John Deere is the cheapest John Deere in their lineup of tractors in that horsepower range.
It also sounds like Tractorsandmore did more research before his purchase.
Now you are complaining about us knocking JD's ,while you are boasting about LS Korean tractors, but bought a JD. Why didn't you just buy a LS tractor with dual remotes?:confused2:
hugs, Brandi

Well, I stand corrected and properly admonished, Brandi. I don't post to very many places on the web and I forgot that each phrase and word should be carefully crafted to keep from offending someone, somewhere, especially where brand names are concerned.

What I meant but guess I didn't say very well about the dealership network was that I can drive into almost any medium sized town west of the Mississippi, walk into a JD dealership and (usually) get what I need, or get it ordered right then and there and have it in a few days. It is a fact that this is not (yet) true with many offshore brands, especially some who have just recently hit the market to get in on the current USA compact tractor craze (like LS and some others). This in spite of the fact that many of them have been selling reliable tractors worldwide for many years with great success. Of course some of JD's stuff is imported, as is almost every brand. I don't care, as long as JD dealers support it with good parts availability and knowledgeable mechanics. Sorry to hear of your JD parts hassle, but a few years ago I rebuilt a JD Model B and it's #7 sickle bar mower, and was able to get all the parts I needed from the JD dealer in Powell, WY. Of course JD equipment is not perfect or always the best dollar vs specification value. But I'm neither an experienced tractor/hydraulics person nor am I wealthy (being an old retired guy), so my #1 concern for a new compact tractor purchase was having strong parts and dealership support. "Value" means different things to different people, and in my case I value parts and dealer support over price and even sometimes over specifications.

Nowhere did I say disparaging things about import brand tractors themselves--to the contrary, I said good things about both Mahindra, which I really liked, and LS, which I also liked but had never even heard of, which is why I didn't even consider buying one. Had it not been for the dealership thing I would probably have bought the Mahindra, which I think is probably a better value than JD, dollar for dollar. But they have moving parts and hydraulic fluid and they break like any other piece of machinery, and I was not comfortable with the current size of Mahindra's USA parts/repair network, and in particular in this case didn't care for the overall looks of the only close-by dealership in my area. If I posted photos of it, which I won't do, you'd understand why.

My wife drives a Volvo that needs lots of expensive TLC, and there are only two dealers in the entire state. I drive a 2001 2500HD Duramax and there are a dozen dealers within 20 miles of me. The Volvo is constantly needing something, and it's $400-$500 minimum to drive into the service lane for just about anything you need done. If you need a $1500 part they don't have in stock (and trust me, I've bought a few) it's 4-6 weeks from Sweden. OTOH, the truck has never needed anything--but if it does I have a wide choice of places to take it to get it fixed quickly, if not cheaply.

The original post was just intended to be a maybe-helpful FYI thing for those who might be (like I was at the time) doing a lot of small tractor shopping. This was the only detailed list of MSRP pricing vs asking prices I ran into anywhere. It's getting to be almost like car shopping--try to get a list like that from your local car or truck dealer--no way. In fact, this was the only tractor dealer I ran into who was willing to put a piece of paper like that out for public consumption. I didn't feel it was fair to give me heat because his asking prices were apparently higher than some others. Had I pulled out my checkbook I suspect those asking prices would have dropped significantly right there on the spot.

Anyway, I'm sure sorry if I offended any members, especially Mahindra owners, and I'll try to watch my wording more carefully in the future. The last thing I want to do is cause TBN members heartburn.

Sorry this got so long, but I felt a need to both apologize and explain myself here.

Jerry

P.S. I've had this 3032E for almost a week now and nothing has broken or fallen off of it yet, not even the plastic fenders. :)