Price Check Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro

/ Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro #1  

Scaper

Silver Member
I live in the state of Delaware in New Castle Coun
Tractor
New Holland 1030
I went searching today for a replacement of the BX2200. This is what I was told. Mihindra 2516 gear with loader and R4's $12.485. My son and I both liked the way the tractor handled and shifted, the shuttle was easy to use and very smooth. Strong hydraulics loader and rear. A very impressive unit. We then went to the Kubota dealer and off the bat were told that they sell maybe one gear B2320 a year due to no syncro mesh in the gears. He told me the hydro would suite me well and he demoed the unit for my son and myself the price $13,100. It is a very nice unit smaller frame and lower weight overall but a three range hydro vs the two range gear on the 2516. Still I liked the gear, low range is lowwwwwww in the first four I don't think it would have any power issues at all. High range still felt as though you could plow snow without a hitch pulled strong in all top four also. The shuttle seems like it would be great for loader work. positive engagement and smooth let off. Ok not trying to start any brand loyality issues but want honest opinions from those of you who can attest to the capabilities of either of the above units. I need to hear good or bad comments so I can tell the little lady which one she can give me permission to buy. (LOL) Not really but I do value your imput. This unit will be used to do loader work, bush hog wirh a 4' woods, plow snow when needed and also use a rear snow blower, till gardens, aerate (sp) yards, box and blade work.
Like my daddy always said " If yer gonna be dumb, ya better be tough"

Thanks, Mark

Last edited:
   / Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro #2  
I can tell you with just over 18 hours on my 2516 gear, I am very satisfied. I have used it mainly for mowing and use a 5 foot brush hog and 6 foot finish. I too looked at the Kubota, and after considering the 5 year power train warranty, went with the Mahindra.
Something to think about is that the 2516 gear does not have a live PTO if that is important. Like the old tractors, push in the clutch, no PTO. Since I came from an 8n, not a problem. The shuttle shift is great. The small amount of loader work I have done, the shuttle worked flawlessly. After a while you don't even look but operate the controls by touch. I do recommend that you take your time shifting, and there is a slight pause, not like the Hydostat I did add three 40 pound weights when I have the loader off, which only takes about 5 minutes if you hurry, 10 if you take your time. The weights come off before the loader goes on.
I can't wait for snow to try moving it too!

/ Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro #3  
I have no experience with that size Kubota but the rest of their tractors are great. One of my friends had a 2516 for 5 or 6 years(he traded for a 4035 this year). I don't know why he got rid of it, that little tractor was strong and easy to use. I wish my tractor had the pto like the 2516, all of the years on older tractors if I hit a dirt mound or something with the bush hog I clutch it. Well that doesn't help on my tractor and I still haven't gotten used to it yet.

/ Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro #4  
I responded to your email but I will just add I'm almost at the point to do the first service. I've had some minor issues but everything is working out ok. The Kubota is a fine tractor but the 2516 will out work it hands down. I had a BX22 and it was a large "garden tractor" The 2516 is a small tractor but the loader is STRONG.

/ Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro #5  
I recently took delivery of a Kubota B2320 HST, FEL.

I wrote a review of it, just going about my business and daily chores. If you want to read, you can easily skip over the chit chat and just read the review sections in which I plow, mow, cultivate, etc.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../185147-bx1860-vx-b2320-contrast-compare.html

Best wishes on your decision making. I toyed seriously with the gear 2320, but the rear PTO and non-synced gears forced me to an HST. Absolutely pleased I did. No regret.

/ Mihindra 2516 gear with Syncro Shittleand Kubota 2320 Hydro #6  
That is a nice looking Buta!!!!!