Buying Advice 5035

/ 5035 #1  

the6shooter

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 1643
I have been looking to replace a small 1528 massey, for the next spring mowing season. and have settled on the Mahindra 5035. we have a dealer right here in town the other is about 80 miles away. the dealer here is a massey/ mahindra dealer. I have had excellent service here. my only problem, is they can't give me a clear price. they know I want the 5035 w/ fel, shuttle.
How hard is it to give me a firm price. if it wasn't that they have a great shop. I would be looking elsewhere. So here goes, does anyone know what is the selling price of this tractor new ? tractor house, doesn't show any prices.
all I want is a reasonable price to pay. I don't know why it's so hard to get a
$$ number
thanks david

/ 5035 #2  
When I was shopping, I got a verbal quote of 28,000 for a 5035 with loader and R4 tires without any bargaining. This was in northeast Missouri and your area could be different. This price is high (basically retail) and you could do much better. I've read that 10-15% off retail is generally pretty decent. I would definitely get a written quote before signing anything or putting any money down. The 5035 is a nice tractor and I would have had one if the dealer was closer and reasonably priced.

Check out this thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/178013-july-2010-mahindra-price-list.html

Good luck

/ 5035
Well I finally pinned down a salesman this afternoon, and yes I got a quote from him and have a paper for backup. $28,000 for the 5035, guess that's the price. but did notice that it does come standard with 1 remote. so now I know a price for sure. just have to sell my MF 1528 package, for a good down payment.

/ 5035 #4  
Give Wallace Tractor a call.:thumbsup: Wallace Tractor and Equipment NEPA Compact Tractors Lake Ariel Poconos Honesdale PA

They sell Mahindra along with Massey and Bobcats. They will deliver about any where and have very good prices. At least give them a try just to double check against the price that you now have.

One last thing, I would opt to get the 2ND rear remote if you are going to do any grading at all. Very nice to have Top & Tilt hydraulics for your 3pt hitch. ;)

/ 5035 #5  
I agree on at least getting a price and shipping quote from him. I wasn't going to be the one to bring it up because I think everyone on this forum knows I'll vouch for him. Top notch dealer.

/ 5035 #6  
I visited Tatum Motor co, in Anderson, MO, a few weeks ago to look at the Mahindra line. I was impressed. I am a while away from a purchase but here are a few recent advertised prices:

4530 with FEL and 8x8 trans. $20,900

6530 with FEL and 8x8 trans, with 2 rear remotes. $25,200 (My favorite)

7520 no FEL and 12x12 trans with 2 rear remotes. $22,400

8560 with FEL and 12x12 with 2 rear remotes. $28,900

I am not affiliated with them in any way. They also have dealers in Green Forest, ARK and in Tontitown, ARK.

Sam

/ 5035 #7  
Were these prices quoted with 0% financing?

/ 5035 #8  
The prices above are "cash" advertised prices. These are "out the door" prices as there are no sales taxes on farm equipment in Missouri.

Wallace, you have a very nice web site. Why not show "suggested retail prices," so that our collective shopping is easier!!! You could also state that prices are subject to change.

For most of us, "this ain't our first rodeo," and we understand all or most of these financing charades and advertising gimmicks. There is no free lunch.

Paying cash, charging or financing, amounts to basically the same amount put into the retailers pocket.

The original poster couldn't even get a clear price on the unit he was intersted in. That is a crime. What that dealer's saying is that: I'll sell it to you for whatever I want to after I dazzle you with my financing offers, shiny tractors and great personality.

It is no wonder that many of us have to extensively "shop" a product to save hundreds or sometimes thousands of dollars due to a retailers inflexible greed.

I am a retailer also and my selling prices MUST reflect the current market. I don't charge more because I'm the exclusive dealer for a product in a geographical area.

Take care! Sam

Sam

Last edited:
   / 5035 #9  
Your prices are more in line.
the6shooter I think that price is a financed price.

/ 5035 #10  
Your prices are more in line.
the6shooter I think that price is a financed price.
I stopped by our new "largest dealer" (they have six tractors!) out here one day and inquired about the price of a 5035 shuttle shift w/loader (which was not in stock) and got a cash price of around $27,000 plus change. BUT if I financed it at 0% interest it would cost me $30,000 and that's with a few thousand down !!!!!!
Am I dumb or what? Seems to me that they're charging me an extra $3,000 + to finance @ 0%, please correct me if I'm wrong!

FYI.... my dealer told me that "factory" dual rear remotes aren't available on the 5035 only a single and if I wanted dual, he could install for an additional $1,200 !