Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Branson 3510,Cat D3B,Mahindra 600,Massey Harris 33

Default New Mahindra Airplane

If you're tired of waiting for the Mahindra truck to hit the US market, you might want to go ahead and put your order in for the Mahindra 5-person aircraft.

Mahindra's Five-Seat Aircraft To Launch Soon

Mahindra Aerospace said this week its new five-seat airplane, which would be India's first indigenous GA aircraft, is expected to fly for the first time next month. According to Indian news sources, the NM5-100 will sell for "20 percent less than a similar aircraft from Cessna." The company has been working for a several years in partnership with India's National Aerospace Laboratories to design the airplane, which is expected to meet FAR Part 23 standards. A larger version of the airplane also is in the works, which would seat 8 to 10. The company has said it plans to become India's first manufacturer serving the GA market, with four to six models for global distribution.

The NM5-100 is an all-metal aircraft, with a composite cowling and fairings. It is expected to be used for air taxi, light cargo and medevac, as well as training. Mahindra acquired a majority stake in Australia's Gippsland Aeronautics in 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mahindra_nm5_100-jpg  
    [B]Tractors[B]
    Branson 3510, Mahindra 6000, Cat D3B, Massey Harris 33
    Attachments
    Probably more than I need

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Default Re: New Mahindra Airplane

I'll take two. At least I can work on it myself.
    hugs, Brandi

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 29D

I've never owned a Mahindra tractor but I'm sure they are very good machines. However, there is and old saying, never fly the first model of any airplane.
    TC-29DA
    BX-1500

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by V1Rotate View Post
    I've never owned a Mahindra tractor but I'm sure they are very good machines. However, there is and old saying, never fly the first model of any airplane.
    V1Rotate,
    You got a point there. I remember back to the late 70s and the Piper Tomahawk. I told the boss I didn't even wanna taxi that aircraft.

It is not just new models of aircraft. I have seen rivets just sitting in holes and not bucked in a Sikorsky S76 in the structure around the transmission mounts. I have seen (in for first C check) an almost new Boeing 737-700 wing flap transmission empty of fluid with no evidence of leaks. Both of these aircraft were not near the start of the production model lines.
    hugs, Brandi

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.

Marine Corps tilt wing Ospray, been the kiss of death since day one.

mark
    red tractor
    blue tractor
    green tractor
    orange tractor
    too many impliments to list

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 29D

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    V1Rotate,
    You got a point there. I remember back to the late 70s and the Piper Tomahawk. I told the boss I didn't even wanna taxi that aircraft.

It is not just new models of aircraft. I have seen rivets just sitting in holes and not bucked in a Sikorsky S76 in the structure around the transmission mounts. I have seen (in for first C check) an almost new Boeing 737-700 wing flap transmission empty of fluid with no evidence of leaks. Both of these aircraft were not near the start of the production model lines.
    hugs, Brandi
    I only flew a Tomahawk once, that was enough.
    TC-29DA
    BX-1500

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

I'm not an aeronautics engineer, but it looks like the mid-mount mower may interfere with the landing gear

Platinum Member Heywood Jannockitov's Avatar
    Near Schomberg, Ontario Canada, the equestrian center of the universe
    Tractor
    2008 John Deere 5425 cab, 1986 Case 580 Super E, 1973 IH454

Quote Originally Posted by unbidden View Post
    I'm not an aeronautics engineer, but it looks like the mid-mount mower may interfere with the landing gear
    The mower blades are variable pitch so after you finish mowing the grass landing strip, you can take off vertically.
    Definition of "Horse": A 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die.

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

That first model in air demo takes guts and determination. All Metal construction type?
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Tractor
    2010 Mahindra 5035

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    V1Rotate,

hugs, Brandi
    Yep! I've been lucky!

Got my PPL in a PA 28-161 and a -181 at my local FBO back in '78 (I was 18). They got a Tomahawk in late '78 right after they came out. I just hadta get checked out in it. My instructor took me out and we did a bunch of spin recoveries (and a few other things) during the checkout. It was fun and I learned alot. Several weeks later, my instructor tells me "NO more spins in the Tomahawk!!!!".
    It was something about structural probs..... Didn't fly that Tomahawk much after that.

Fast forward to '84 and I'm in the Army flying UH-60A Blackhawk helicopters fresh outta flight school..... They had lotsa probs early on. I have some "very vivid" memories etched in my brain, but survived and still fly -60's for a living.
    Old, but not bold these days.......
    Last edited by Bascom; 02-01-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    2010 Mahindra 5035 w/FEL and a bunch of attachments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast