Loader Cost Installed

/ Loader Cost Installed #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
I got a quote to get a loader installed on my 5525 today. $6250. Wow!!

Is there any room the haggle on this price?

/ Loader Cost Installed #2  
Yeah, they ain't cheap. They kinda got ya, unless you're willing to take your chances with an off-brand. About all you can do is pit dealers against each other. Hopefully you have more than one close enough to you to make it possible.

/ Loader Cost Installed #3  
I got a quote to get a loader installed on my 5525 today. $6250. Wow!!

Is there any room the haggle on this price?

My ML250 FEL cost $4400--bought as a package with the 5525 three years ago. Invested another $1K for the skid steer quick attach adapter on the FEL arms. It's generally a lot more expensive to do it your way (not just on Mahindra's) rather than purchasing the tractor and FEL together.

Some dealers are high volume operations and have more experienced, efficient people in the shop so they can charge less for jobs like yours. My dealer generally has at least 200 new Mahindras on his lot and the inventory turns over quickly and his shop people are top notch.

/ Loader Cost Installed
Is there aftermarket loaders for the 5525? I've been looking around on the interner and called a few places and no one makes one for the 5525. I did see that Koyker makes one for the 4525, would that one fit the 5525?

/ Loader Cost Installed #5  
You might want to try ray50 a member here,owns coldwater loaders.His work looks nice and from what I've seen his prices are good.

/ Loader Cost Installed #6  
Have you tried Westendorf I believe they make one for that model

/ Loader Cost Installed #8  
Several years ago i picked up a new mahindra loader for my 2810 real cheap! Borrowed a trailor and did a road trip to pick it up. Granted its a lighter and smaller loader than the one you are looking at but i put it on my self, i saved big through labor and hauling charges. This is the second loader i have put on and I would do it again in a heart beat. The first was a big KMW mounted on a Belarus, this took all day, a bit challanging. The last is a KMW made for Mahindra and was a cake walk. 3 hours start to finish, instructions and illustrations are super! If your up to a project and have mechanical ability. . . GO FOR IT!

Attachments

• my life 012.jpg
    my life 012.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 559
  • Belarus tractor pictures April 2006 003.jpg
    Belarus tractor pictures April 2006 003.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 351
   / Loader Cost Installed
After looking around and finding out that no one makes an aftermarket loader for my tractor. I talked to the owner of the place I bought my tractor.

I think he made me a deal.

ML 252 loader installed = $5950
Single rear remote installed = $595
Total = $6545

The dealer is about 45 minutes away and he said he would come get and bring back my tractor no charge.

I can't pass it up....

/ Loader Cost Installed #10  
Once you have a front end loader you will never want to be without one, it will feel priceless.:) The quick attach is handy if you have attachments that are compatible.