So why did you buy a Mahindra?

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #1  

drg1

Silver Member
Tractor
1532 hydro
Well Im on the fence on which color tractor to buy ugh...I need some persuading and I hope you all can help...So why did you buy a Mahindra? and would you do it again?:D You can give me the good the bad and the ugly and Dave forgive me if I opend up a can of worms here.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #2  
I started by looking at all the different brands that were in my area. The Kubota/Deere dealer treated me like I was a tire kicker and really didn't spend that much time with me. The New Holland dealer I have dealt with in the past since I had an old ford 2n at the time, they are very nice and their tractor would have been my second choice. My main concern with New Holland was pricing on parts, I can get the same part for my 2n from the internet for a third of the cost from the dealer, but it seems like all parts are expensive.
The Mahindra dealer was real good and explained everything and had a tractor in the size I wanted (2615) and at a cost I could fathom. My tractor was a left over model so it was about $2000 less than anything else that was comprable. It's kinda hard to compare pricing because of different features, mine doesn't have a quick attach bucket the New Holland did. R4 tires would be extra on the NH but on the Mahindra they were in the price.
I've only had a couple of small problems two oil leaks that were easily fixed by me and just recently it was getting finicky to start, the dealer told me how to test the glow plugs and when I had the wiring off them I found a litlle corrosion on the connector and that solved the problem.
The only thing I would change is to add a quick attach to the bucket and be able to afford a bigger tractor.
I would definatly buy another Mahindra but I would do the process the same way and look at whats out there. Since buying my machine the New Holland dealer carries Kioti and Tym so I would add those to the mix.
Tom

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #3  
First tractor was a Kubota, had to sell due to personal finance reasons. No complaints on Kubota at all. Got finances worked out then bought a NH to pull finish mower, still mowing with it and like it. Bought a NH TC40 with FEL and back hoe. Priced NH, John Deere, and Kubota, price was deciding factor. No problems with NH TC40 so far, has done everything I needed and more. Bought the Mahindra 4110 with FEL at a yard sale. Got a very good deal on it and have been very pleased with it. Had never used a Mahindra before and only bought it because it was a good deal. It has been a very good machine for me. I did twist the front drive shaft but it was my fault for using the machine like a dozer. Parts were reasonable and the dealer let his mechanics tell me what was wrong and how to make the repair. Would not hesitate pricing a Mahindra when I upgrade to a larger machine but would also price a Massey Ferguson along with NH, Kubota and John Deere. Price and dealer location mean a lot to me. We have a new NH dealer in this area now, not friendly on first visit but hopefully they will be on next trip.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #4  
I'm curious to the answers to this question as well. I just started looking at tractors. The first place we went was the Mahindra dealer over in Batesville, MS while visiting the in laws last week. Statistically speaking, the 4035 looks like a brute of a tractor compared to others in its class. My concern is that I won't have a dealer to work on it local if something happens. I have a Mahindra dealer about 40 minutes away (JD, Case IH, and Kubota are also this far away but in the other direction), but he just started carrying in October 2010. The Mahindra dealer over in MS has been around since 2002 I was told by my FIL. He quoted me a heck of a price and I could always drag my tractor 3 hours to him since we go to MS once a month, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #5  
I'm curious to the answers to this question as well. I just started looking at tractors. The first place we went was the Mahindra dealer over in Batesville, MS while visiting the in laws last week. Statistically speaking, the 4035 looks like a brute of a tractor compared to others in its class. My concern is that I won't have a dealer to work on it local if something happens. I have a Mahindra dealer about 40 minutes away (JD, Case IH, and Kubota are also this far away but in the other direction), but he just started carrying in October 2010. The Mahindra dealer over in MS has been around since 2002 I was told by my FIL. He quoted me a heck of a price and I could always drag my tractor 3 hours to him since we go to MS once a month, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Mahindra site shows one in Shreveport and at Malvern. Also one south of Clarkesdale (Boyle), MS that might be closer than Batesville.

Balz Equipment is a New Holland dealer that carries them has a place a Fair Oaks and one in Jonesboro (A far drive but a nice place to visit).

Good dealer in Hernando, MS too if you cross at Helena bridge and go north on 61 and cut over East at Tunica on the new interstate not hard to get too.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #6  
Mahindra site shows one in Shreveport and at Malvern. Also one south of Clarkesdale (Boyle), MS that might be closer than Batesville.

Balz Equipment is a New Holland dealer that carries them has a place a Fair Oaks and one in Jonesboro (A far drive but a nice place to visit).

Good dealer in Hernando, MS too if you cross at Helena bridge and go north on 61 and cut over East at Tunica on the new interstate not hard to get too.

Yeah, we cut over at Helena about once a month going to my in-laws place. I've heard the one in Hernando wasn't bad. I wanted to go see them to also look at the Kubotas up there Saturday, but I didn't feel like it at $3.25 a gallon. The one over in Malvern is the one that has only been in business since October 2010. Seemed like a real nice guy, but still makes you leary.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #7  

The Batesville dealer is a great guy. I bought my tractor used but it was bought new from him. He has always been helpful with filters and when I considered a couple of upgrades. From what I hear he has the best prices in the area. A few friends have bought tractors from him after checking other dealers.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #8  
I was already sold on my dealer, who had MFs and Mahindras. A good local dealer really shines. I had been buying lawnmowers and chainsaws from him. I went with Mahindra as pound for pound and hp to hp, it is a better priced machine. I bull dozed my pond down to 4 feet with my ML 275 in front of my 6520 4WD. Only reason I stopped was it was a small pond and I was out of turn around room.

John Deere fans boost of their dealer network, which is awesome, but I can have a part shipped to me overnight.

I also knew Mahindras came from the International lineage, which is another strout tractor.

I would buy Mahindra again and again.

Before buying any tractor, sit on several different models AND BRANDS and see which one "fits" best for you. Be sure to drive and "play" on them to get their feel.
hugs, Brandi

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #9  
Well Im on the fence on which color tractor to buy ugh...I need some persuading and I hope you all can help...So why did you buy a Mahindra? and would you do it again?:D You can give me the good the bad and the ugly and Dave forgive me if I opend up a can of worms here.

Mostly because of the dealer (Dave Siemens of DavesTractor).
Also got a good deal on the 2008 Mahindra 5525 with ML250 FEL and a good trade-in price on my 2005 Kubota B7510HST with LA302 FEL.
I'd buy Mahindra's in the future. The newest Mahindra tractors are very nice.

I have about 130 hours on the tractor (it's used primarily for work in my 6-acre hayfield--a hobby, of course). I keep it lubed and do the periodic maintenance on schedule. So far the engine/drive train has been solid.

Only problems: loose bolt in one of the tail light covers. The tach has recently begun to stick on zero--it reads upscale after the engine runs for a few minutes. Tapping on the tach window sometimes frees it up.

/ So why did you buy a Mahindra? #10  
I bought a new 5035 last summer because I got more bang for my buck. I looked at, learned about and sat on/operated many models and several brands before deciding.

Another factor is that the dealer (Lott Enterprises, Claxton, GA) was very easy to work with from day one and continues to be.

Yes, I would buy another Mahindra.