5035 Questions....

/ 5035 Questions.... #1  

JerryK

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra (2011)5035 HST TLB & (2016)2555 HST Cab & (2017)1526 HST(2018)Cub Cadet Pro Z 154L (1991) Caterpillar E70B
Does anyone know who makes the PST for the 5035. I notice that this is the only PST in the lineup, so either this is Mahindra's first try at a PST or they are sourcing it from someone else. I am leaning towards either a PST or HST 5035....but leary of jumping in until I hear some good stuff about either transmissions adaption in this tractor. Thanks...

/ 5035 Questions.... #3  
Does anyone know who makes the PST for the 5035. I notice that this is the only PST in the lineup, so either this is Mahindra's first try at a PST or they are sourcing it from someone else. I am leaning towards either a PST or HST 5035....but leary of jumping in until I hear some good stuff about either transmissions adaption in this tractor. Thanks...

EATON

/ 5035 Questions....
Hello JerryK,

In addition to what I already gave you, see my reply to JRLogan's thread.

cheers!:drink:

Howdy, if you emailed me with some info, it never made it thru to me. I downloaded the pictures you posted...along with any other 5035 pictures I can find on the net. I heard that the HST was from Eaton, but did not know about the PST. Did you get the standard 12 speed, PST, or HST on yours....???

/ 5035 Questions.... #5  
Good questions, since I too am strongly considering a 5035. Interested in any/all info.
thanks

/ 5035 Questions....
Good questions, since I too am strongly considering a 5035. Interested in any/all info.
thanks

I have been looking, too. Both my nearest dealers are over an hour away...and don't seem to know much since the 5035 is so new. The pdf file brochure that they have on the Mahindra site is pretty vague. They list the weight of the standard 12 speed and PST as the same, and the HST as being 450 pounds more. No pictures on the 595 backhoe yet, but the design of the two larger backhoes looks like they are getting them from Bradco. I am leaning on ordering a 5035 HST....but have time to looksee before I make the decision. Good luck on your search.

/ 5035 Questions.... #7  
Sorry, JerryK, I confused you with another member. Here is a copy of what I sent him. Hope this is helpful to you and anyone else looking at the 5035/4035 series. It's a bit out of context, but I think you'll get the jist. Good luck. :thumbsup:

"Yup, she's a beast but worth every penny. I got mine a few weeks ago and I have gotten more work done around my place in that time than in the 22 years I've lived here! Yes the one rear remote is standard. Not sure what I'll use it for as the only implement that will go there eventually will be a backhoe, and I believe most backhoses have their have their own hydraulics that connect to the PTO, according to my sales rep. I was lucky and got a leftover. Saw the 5035 next to the 4035 I had a deposit on, and realized how much tractor you get for about $3k more, and I was sold. Perfect for what I need her for. Yes, the tilt wheel is sweet. I am 6'2" and it makes entry/exit much easier. I tried a kubota and just couldn't get comfortable on it. The 5035 is as close to a perfect fit as I could get, I'm sure.

I also bought the brush guard and I REALLY need to put it on soon as I almost dropped a rock on nose today! Dummy that I am. It was $225 but it's beefy and will really protect the nose. And it pivots forward for easy access to the underhood stuff. I also use a battery tender plus to keep her charged. It's a good purchase as the battery will last a lot longer with it attached when not in use. I have a 4 bank and keep my wheel horse garden tractor and a spare battery on it. No change in my electric bill. Feel free to ask me any questions, but there are a few Mahindra owners on the forum that know a lot more than me.

Good luck with your decision.

Gus"

/ 5035 Questions.... #8  
Howdy, if you emailed me with some info, it never made it thru to me. I downloaded the pictures you posted...along with any other 5035 pictures I can find on the net. I heard that the HST was from Eaton, but did not know about the PST. Did you get the standard 12 speed, PST, or HST on yours....???

Yes, I got the standard 12 speed. Don't know anything else about the tranny.. Hopefully someone else on the forum can answer your questions there. As far as operation, she shifts great, almost as good as a car. Probably a poor comparison, but this is my first tractor and I have nothing else to compare with.

Actually took her down the road in top gear yesterday, and she moves pretty good, surprisingly so, but very stable. Shifter is smooth, no problem, but I was told that it's very important to be completely stopped before shifting the shuttle from forward to reverse. I goofed a few times but she is very forgiving. Did 6 more hours of work prepping my driveway for drainage gray stone and processed gravel yesterday. She worked great except for a few large rocks where a backhoe would have been better, but she did what I asked, no complaints.

Except me... gotta get back in shape to pick up those rocks too small bother using the bucket with. :mur:

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

/ 5035 Questions....
NewGuyInNewEngland... sure got a nice machine there. Lot's of weight and big meat on the ground.... If you have any left over wax from that Vette, a nice coat will make it look that way for many, many years... [ except the rock droping thing... ] Me, I want one, too...... :)

/ 5035 Questions.... #10  
NewGuyInNewEngland... sure got a nice machine there. Lot's of weight and big meat on the ground.... If you have any left over wax from that Vette, a nice coat will make it look that way for many, many years... [ except the rock droping thing... ] Me, I want one, too...... :)

I use Meguiars auto products only and have plenty left over. I even got some touch up paint from my dealer. Kinda over the top as she has a hefty coating of dust, dirt and mud from my current project, but will power wash, touch up paint and wax her before putting her away for a while.

Good luck on your purchase.:thumbsup: