Grapplin' with the 5035

/ Grapplin' with the 5035 #1  

Bascom

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Mahindra 5035
Oh yeah!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Finally had the time this weekend to get it all hooked up and running.
Had a minor hydro blowout with a loose fitting on start up. Simple fix. The hoses were easy to run and secure.

Sure had some fun today using it! Moved a bunch of brush, some stumps, logs, rooted out some vines/small gum trees and cleaned up part of last year's log deck.

Will change out to my box blade as a counterbalance next time. Had the rotary mower hooked up for some food plot work. Things are definitely greening up here in Georgia!

It's a medium duty, 60", two claw, skid steer QD model from The Rakeshop in Florida. Weight is 700 lbs.
www.TheRakeShop.com // call us @ 352-308-7346
Call Sam for pricing.

FYI, I'm really liking my 5035.:thumbsup: Just over 50 hours on it, now. I'm running a box blade, rotary mower, rotary tiller, chisel plow, chain harrow, bog harrow along with the FEL / factory bucket and now the grapple. Lotsa power! The gear shift is easy to operate. Comfort, controls and ergonomics are good. Pre-op checks are easy to do. I really like the telescoping side links-they sure make things easy to hook up! Took it to my dealer last month for the 50 hour service. All was good.

Attachments

• grap6.jpg
    grap6.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 752
  • grap7.jpg
    grap7.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 769
  • grap4.jpg
    grap4.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 788
  • grap2.jpg
    grap2.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 1,598
   / Grapplin' with the 5035 #2  
Nice! Grapples are great equipment. Hope you enjoy yours, I have really been using mine.

/ Grapplin' with the 5035 #3  
Hi Bascom,
nice picts....I am considering a 5035. I have a 72" HD grapple for my SS weighs 870#. I know the higher weight will effect my capacity, but will the 5035 handle this thing and still be useable? Also what size rotary mower do you use?
thanks for any opinions you can share

/ Grapplin' with the 5035
Wire,
870# shouldn't be a problem considering the specs on the 5035 w/ the 130 FEL. Mine at 700 was fine today. Nary a prob, but I haven't tackled anything REALLY heavy yet. Really depends on what you'll be lifting.

I'm running a 6' rotary mower. No worries with 43 hp at the pto.

/ Grapplin' with the 5035 #5  
Nice grapplers Bascom. I have some serious pine trees that need chopping up and lifting and those babies would be just the ticket, but I think a backhoe would be the next in line after the plow blade with hydraulics... still got this horrible winter in New England fresh in my mind.... never will get stuck again with my 5035!

Enjoy yours!:thumbsup:

NG, yeah, a backhoe would be handy!

I'm thinking 1 or 2 more rear hyd remotes and a top-n-tilt kit sometime soon. Looking for a used cultipacker as well...

/ Grapplin' with the 5035 #7  
you will love your grapple. I have found that the box blade on the rear is a perfect combo. It allows smoothing up things after grappling and is doesn't get the way like a cutter. Sometimes when cleaning up a mess of debris, you can use the grapple like a rake by driving forward and the box lowered lightly will pick up most debris the grapple misses. THen you can carry the grapple load to pile and pull the box load there to dump it and then reverse and push the boxblade load into the same pile with the rear blade of the box.

/ Grapplin' with the 5035 #8  
NG, yeah, a backhoe would be handy!

I'm thinking 1 or 2 more rear hyd remotes and a top-n-tilt kit sometime soon. Looking for a used cultipacker as well...

If you go with 2 more remotes, I believe that you will have to go with some aftermarket valves, not that that is a bad thing, just something that needs to be considered. I would guess that you could add 3 aftermarket valves for the price of the 2ND OEM valve.

Please keep me in mind when your ready to get your "TnT" kit. I have all the measurements to build your side link.

I see that you have a roll-over box blade, how wide is yours?

Brian,
Have visited your website and liked what I saw. I'll definitely be in contact when the time is right for a t-n-t. However,,,,,

I've got a future TBN'er (son):thumbsup: due in early June and Mama needs a replacement vehicle for the tribe. I'm cleared hot for only fluids and grease until my birthday according to my wife:D Might even have to wait until Christmas if he likes to eat like I do.:D

My RO box blade is a Gill 72".

HCJ, I was thinking along the same lines for using the BB while cleaning up debris. It will be much better than having the mower attached!

/ Grapplin' with the 5035 #10  
Brian,
Have visited your website and liked what I saw. I'll definitely be in contact when the time is right for a t-n-t. However,,,,,

I've got a future TBN'er (son):thumbsup: due in early June and Mama needs a replacement vehicle for the tribe. I'm cleared hot for only fluids and grease until my birthday according to my wife:D Might even have to wait until Christmas if he likes to eat like I do.:D

My RO box blade is a Gill 72".

HCJ, I was thinking along the same lines for using the BB while cleaning up debris. It will be much better than having the mower attached!

:cool2: Now you need to figure out how to put a buddy seat on it. :thumbsup: That and a sun shade and you two will be happy campers. :D :D