4035 - Where is is made and by who?

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #1  

southerniltractor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130
Hello,

I'm considering the Bobcat CT445 and Kioti clone (DS45HST) with FEL to meet my tractor needs. However, my Kioti dealer is not longer carrying Kioti products and the closest Bobcat dealer is about 60 miles away and doesn't carry many tractors - mainly construction equipment. I started eyeballing the Mahindra brand and see the 4035/FEL as a potential contender. What are these tractors going for nowadays?

Who makes these tractors? I know some Mahindras are made in India, while others are made in Japan and Korea, and China (2525).

I"m looking for a tractor to maintain a 900 foot gravel drive, move some dirt, snake trees for firewood, run a brush hog and plow up a half acre garden. I've got about 40 acres to take care of and don't want to end up wishing for more tractor after I blow a bunch of money.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mike

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #2  
The 35 series is Mahindra built in India. It was designed in the USA for the USA market, I was involved in a small way as were a lot of other dealers and customers. They did a lot of studying the market and asking both dealers and customers what would make the best heavy duty compact tractor. And I think they succeeded. Very heavy duty, lots of great features, great lift, psuh and pull capacities and a great warranty.

Mahindra built over 200,000 tractors in fiscal year 2010, which exceeds all other brands worldwide for the second year in a row. I only say this so you know that Mahindra isn't just testing the waters in the tractor world, they are the real deal.

Try the power-shuttle or the HST, they are my favorites.

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who?
Thanks for the info Dave. I look forward to reading some reviews of this tractor!

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #4  
I would like to add up certain details. Export models of mahindra are made in Kandivili (Mumbai) plant.
This year we sold about 162,000 tractors in India itself gaining a market share of 29.4%. Another next competitor swaraj is also owned by mahindra making a whooping market share of more than 41% in indian market.
The export models are also manufactured at china 2 plants, and a plant in USA with more plants coming up.

You can visit site www.mahindratractorworld.com

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #5  
Hello,

I'm considering the Bobcat CT445 and Kioti clone (DS45HST) with FEL to meet my tractor needs. However, my Kioti dealer is not longer carrying Kioti products and the closest Bobcat dealer is about 60 miles away and doesn't carry many tractors - mainly construction equipment. I started eyeballing the Mahindra brand and see the 4035/FEL as a potential contender. What are these tractors going for nowadays?

Who makes these tractors? I know some Mahindras are made in India, while others are made in Japan and Korea, and China (2525).

I"m looking for a tractor to maintain a 900 foot gravel drive, move some dirt, snake trees for firewood, run a brush hog and plow up a half acre garden. I've got about 40 acres to take care of and don't want to end up wishing for more tractor after I blow a bunch of money.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mike

The 4035 looks like a great tractor. The dealer I ordered my 5035 from had two 4035's that they used at the dealership to move things around. The one I saw close was a PST [power reverser] with industrial tires. You don't realize how big those front tires [ 12-16.5's ] are until you see them in person. Should help roll over stuff out in the woods. That is what drew me first to look at the 35 series is the tires and the general heft of the tractors. The loader is supposably made in Kansas, and the seat comes from Michigan Seat.... Go Red Wings....!!!!

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #6  
The 4035 looks like a great tractor. The dealer I ordered my 5035 from had two 4035's that they used at the dealership to move things around. The one I saw close was a PST [power reverser] with industrial tires. You don't realize how big those front tires [ 12-16.5's ] are until you see them in person. Should help roll over stuff out in the woods. That is what drew me first to look at the 35 series is the tires and the general heft of the tractors. The loader is supposably made in Kansas, and the seat comes from Michigan Seat.... Go Red Wings....!!!!

Kansas made it is! :thumbsup:

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #7  
The 35 series is Mahindra built in India. It was designed in the USA for the USA market, I was involved in a small way as were a lot of other dealers and customers. They did a lot of studying the market and asking both dealers and customers what would make the best heavy duty compact tractor. And I think they succeeded. Very heavy duty, lots of great features, great lift, psuh and pull capacities and a great warranty.

Mahindra built over 200,000 tractors in fiscal year 2010, which exceeds all other brands worldwide for the second year in a row. I only say this so you know that Mahindra isn't just testing the waters in the tractor world, they are the real deal.

Try the power-shuttle or the HST, they are my favorites.

Does anyone know the source of the engine and transmission?

I had the opportunity to visit the Mahindra in Mumbai. I was pitching some components and engineering services for some of the on road vehicle/engines for export product.

The engineering team seemed to very capable. It is no doubt that they have the capability and resource to do well in this market.

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #8  
I believe that the engine is made in India, along with the rear end, frame, front axle, and standard transmission, sheet metel, etc. The HST trans, and possibly the PST, are made by Eaton...and I have heard they might be sourced from Mexico...but not sure. The tractor is built and tested in India, then shipped to the U.S. on a pallet. It is assembled here, and the tires, rims, seat, fuel tank, battery, [steering wheel ?? ] etc. are installed...then the tractor is tested again. Looks like most of the stuff added here in the states is sourced here in the U.S.

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #9  
Mine was put together down in Texas. Not sure where all the parts come from, I believe the loader is built here in Kansas though.

/ 4035 - Where is is made and by who? #10  
I believe that the engine is made in India, along with the rear end, frame, front axle, and standard transmission, sheet metel, etc. The HST trans, and possibly the PST, are made by Eaton...and I have heard they might be sourced from Mexico...but not sure. The tractor is built and tested in India, then shipped to the U.S. on a pallet. It is assembled here, and the tires, rims, seat, fuel tank, battery, [steering wheel ?? ] etc. are installed...then the tractor is tested again. Looks like most of the stuff added here in the states is sourced here in the U.S.

Yes, the basic tractor, including engine and trans are Mahindra & Mahindra from India. I've been there. They actually cast there own engine blocks, etc. Probably not on all models, but certainly on many. The HST is Eaton, not sure where Eaton makes it.

Remember, M&M sells more tractors than any other tractor company in the world, more than 200,000 tractors a year. M&M has over 100,000 employees across it's various businesses and I believe is a $11B company. Just like JD and others, they do not make every part and they buy small tractors from Mitsubishi, but there are an incredibly capable company.

The 35 series are double stacked on steel frames/crates and shipped to either Houston Texas, Chatanooga Tennessee, or Red Bluff California where we install tires/loaders, etc that are sourced in the USA.