Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    31
    Location
    Eastern Washington State
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2816

    Default

    I like the new headlights on the 3016. Looks nicer than the headlights my 2816.....brighter I would bet also.
    Mahindra 2816 w/ 5' Rotary Cutter & Straight blade

  2. #12
    New Member scooterdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5
    Location
    Mississippi
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    billy,
    chose the 3016 simply because it was the most tractor i could afford. all the research here recommended buying bigger than you think you need. it was the next size up from what i thought i needed. very happy i went up a size.
    currently dealing with 40 acres hilly country, so 4wd is a must. so much so i am contemplating on putting a winch on the front to pull me out of stupid situations that i keep getting myself into.

    s.d.

  3. #13
    Member BillyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016HST

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterdoc View Post
    billy,
    chose the 3016 simply because it was the most tractor i could afford. all the research here recommended buying bigger than you think you need. it was the next size up from what i thought i needed. very happy i went up a size.
    currently dealing with 40 acres hilly country, so 4wd is a must. so much so i am contemplating on putting a winch on the front to pull me out of stupid situations that i keep getting myself into.

    s.d.
    Scooter, thanks, great info. I think I'm one size larger than I need with the 3016 as well, and at about my max budget. Still leaning this direction vs my alternate of Kubota 2920. I think the Mahindra is a lot more tractor for about the same price.

    I have 11 acres, of which about 4 are cleared. I need to clear a fairly large thicket between two areas and smooth out the whole property. Also need to clear out some overgrown walkways through the trees, and pull apart a fairly large debris pile (trees, shrubs, etc) from when the big tractors came through preparing the home site. I think the 3016 will do all this for me. So might the 2516 or Kubota 2920, but the 3016 will give me that extra umph I need occasionally.

    I do the test ride this weekend, and will make my final decision. Any other thoughts or recommendations before I pull the trigger?

    Thanks,

    BC

  4. #14
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,993
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    I would not hesitate buying the 3016 and here's why. You have plans currently for what you want to do with your tractor and how you think you will use it for which the smaller tractor will also handle. What is not accounted for is contingencies that you are not yet aware of because they have not surfaced yet. It is then that you will wish for the larger machine with the larger tires and more weight and a bit more grunt. Yes these contingencies certainly may be scarce in comparison to the daily usage but they have the uncanny knack of popping up more times than would be believed at fist.That is why the sage advice of buying the next size larger tractor than you think you will need is constantly given as just about everyone who has owned one has wished for the next size for that unexpected situation that inevitably pops up with this kind of stuff we do on the land that we own.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    31
    Location
    Eastern Washington State
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2816

    Default

    You might want to also check your PTO requirements. Big reason I went with the 2816 over the 2516 was it offered a live PTO. You can get by without it but it's much easier to run the mower and some other attachments.

    Other big reason was that the 2816 has a 60" bucket and it seems to be easier to find 5' attachments where I live.

    Good luck on the test ride....
    Mahindra 2816 w/ 5' Rotary Cutter & Straight blade

  6. #16
    Member BillyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016HST

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWinkey View Post
    You might want to also check your PTO requirements. Big reason I went with the 2816 over the 2516 was it offered a live PTO. You can get by without it but it's much easier to run the mower and some other attachments.

    Other big reason was that the 2816 has a 60" bucket and it seems to be easier to find 5' attachments where I live.

    Good luck on the test ride....
    Did the test ride today and I was pretty impressed. The bucket was very easy to maneuver. The HST model was a snap to get the hang of riding around. I also tried the Shuttle Shift, and although I learned to drive on a stick, I found it a bit tricky to get it to do what I wanted it to do -- I'm sure I could get the hang of it after a while, but the HST was just so much easier to run. Seat was comfy, engine was quiet, overall smooth, nice ride.

    What's not clear to me after I left the dealership was whether there is a mid-point PTO -- I assume this is needed for a mid-mower -- is this on the 3016? Looking at the specs it's hard to tell, looks like an option, but I don't see any mid-mower offered. Also do these usually come with a protective grill in front of the radiator?

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,713
    Location
    Batavia, NY
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    The mid PTO, and grille guard are both optional and the mid mount mower is available.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020
    585.343.0770

  8. #18
    Member BillyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016HST

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    I'm getting really close on cutting the deal. Just down to a few odds and ends like a grill guard and whether I go with a canopy or not. They've been pretty flexible on the cost, and I think it's pretty competitive based on what I've seen here on the forum.

    Question for any 3016 owners, do you know about what the top-speed mph is on these things? I'm guessing about 15, but it doesn't state that in the specs. Funny that Kubota states this in their specs but Mahindra doesn't.

  9. #19
    Gold Member idaho2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    353
    Location
    SW WA / North Idaho
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4WD Turbo - Gear,

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCrash View Post
    I'm getting really close on cutting the deal. Just down to a few odds and ends like a grill guard and whether I go with a canopy or not. They've been pretty flexible on the cost, and I think it's pretty competitive based on what I've seen here on the forum.

    Question for any 3016 owners, do you know about what the top-speed mph is on these things? I'm guessing about 15, but it doesn't state that in the specs. Funny that Kubota states this in their specs but Mahindra doesn't.
    And why would you want to go that fast and what would you be pulling?

  10. #20
    Member BillyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016HST

    Default Re: Mahindra 3016 4WD review

    Quote Originally Posted by idaho2 View Post
    And why would you want to go that fast and what would you be pulling?
    Uh, maybe going from point A to point B, where I would be doing work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CK20 rims/tires on DK45S
    By ON84 in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
  2. Mahindra - grown too big too quickly in USA?
    By Clyde in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:32 PM
  3. MAHINDRA QUESTIONS
    By Travis_R in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:29 PM
  4. Mahindra review
    By Anonymous Poster in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 06:16 PM
  5. Mahindra review
    By Anonymous Poster in forum All Other Brands
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.