Mahindra 3016 4WD review

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #1  

scooterdoc

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Hey ya'll,

Noob here, hope this is posted in right place. Just thougt i would put in a review of my new Mahindra 3016. Overall, really happy with it. I am a newbi and this is my first tractor, but have already worked the machine pretty good. to keep this short and sweet, basically,

Pros: Like the 4wd, great FEL, Like the pulling ability when in low and 4wd (interpret this as I havent got stuck yet). comfortable seat. simple display (i like simplicity vs. bells and whistles which go bad. service areas are easily accessable. Price. the package came complete and could not be beat by any local dealers.

Cons: would like arm rests on the seat (I usually spend 2-3 hours on tractor when i use it and i am getting lazy in my old age.)

in summary, I would say, I am no expert, but it is a really easy to use, strong, and i have no problem recommending this tractor. hope this helps. shoot me any specific questions, i will be happy to answer them if i can.

S.D.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #2  
Hey ya'll,

in summary, I would say, I am no expert, but it is a really easy to use, strong, and i have no problem recommending this tractor. hope this helps. shoot me any specific questions, i will be happy to answer them if i can.

S.D.

I was interested in this model a couple of questions
is this a shuttle or hydro?
did you opt. to get the pallet forks?
and also what was the price?

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review
randy,
I got the shuttle shift.
i would have to look at the reciept, because i bought a package deal which included (3016 4wd, fel, box blade, 5' bush hog and 20 foot tandem trailer)
for 18k hooked to the truck.

one additional "CON" that i would associate with the tractor is the 4wd engage mechanism. being limited slip, when you need all four wheels to turn, you have to step on a small lever underneath the right foot. you almost have to stand up in order to do this. i have alot of unlevel ground to work, and sometimes engaging the 4wd can be a little tricky. once engaged, it climbs very well. it could easily be fixed with a welded on pedal or extension of some sort. but other than that, worked it pretty hard today for about 6 hours and am still pretty happy with it, feel confident in recommending it, and it has done everything i have asked of it.

hope this helps.

r
S.D.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 3016 4WD review #4  
Sounds like you got a great package for a great price.:thumbsup:

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review
JDGreenGrass said:
Sounds like you got a great package for a great price.:thumbsup:

After extensive research (used vs. New) luckily I don't have any buyers remorse. Pretty happy with the whole experience. Thanks for the kind words.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #6  
very good price, i think i will get a price.
thanks

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #8  
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 3016. Still trying to decide between that and a 2516. Any thoughts on why you chose the 3016 vs the next size down or up? How much acreage are you dealing with?

I'll be checking out the Mahindra dealer in my area tomorrow.

Thanks.

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #9  
Got to the dealer a little too late yesterday, and they were closed, dang-it! But got a couple pics and unless I'm really disappointed when I get to do a test-ride, then I think this is the one.

Probably go with the shuttle instead of HST. Always thought I'd be HST, but the more I read about the shuttle on these Mahindra's the more I think it fits my style.

DSCF7212.jpg

DSCF7213.jpg

DSCF7214.jpg

/ Mahindra 3016 4WD review #10  
Got to the dealer a little too late yesterday, and they were closed, dang-it! But got a couple pics and unless I'm really disappointed when I get to do a test-ride, then I think this is the one.

Probably go with the shuttle instead of HST. Always thought I'd be HST, but the more I read about the shuttle on these Mahindra's the more I think it fits my style.

DSCF7212.jpg

DSCF7213.jpg

DSCF7214.jpg

Good looking rig.