Buying Advice New vs modification

/ New vs modification #1  

felixedo

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D / Deere 1026R / Bobcat CT2040
To account for any possible prejudices, I am posting this in both the New Holland and Mahindra forums.
I currently have a New Holland TC35D. 2002 with under 200 hours. It痴 been a great tractor. My one regret is that I don稚 have a loader. It is probably worth around $12000 as is.
To put a loader on the tractor will be $6000. From what I can tell, I will have a unit worth about $16000 when all is said and done.
I can buy a new Mahindra for $19000, spec壇 out about the same. Of course, with a warranty, etc.
The New Holland is in good shape, except for the spliced wires that the mice seem to find quite tasty. The reason I only compare to Mahindra is due to the price for a new machine. Other comparables are way too much money.
For right now, I知 thinking I would have more machine with the New Holland plus about $1000 more in my pocket. But in five years I would have a 15 year old New Holland vs a 5 year old Mahindra.
If it was your money, what would you do?
Thanks

/ New vs modification #2  
If you can sell the New Holland and get the numbers to work out like you said, with a $3000 difference - then I would go with the new tractor. Warranty and piece of mind are worth that much to me.

/ New vs modification #3  
If you can sell it and get those numbers go for it and get the new one. But if your NH is paid for that might be hard to justify. $6,000.00 is easier to pay off than $19K

Personally The Mahindra is an all around better tractor than the New holland. It has more weight and more lifting compacity. More power to the hyraulics and less HP loss.

I was actually looking at buying one either a Mahindra or Branson (we have a dealer pretty close to the house )

Good luck

/ New vs modification #4  
You can get a used NH is that size range for ~14.5k, if you can wait it out. That particular model is very nice, and you know its issues.

In short, there are others who may not want a loader. I do think your sales price is a little optimistic, as there have been loader installed tractors in that size range sold for 13K.

I don't know about the features on the mahindra, but it would take a bit to get me to part with my tractor.

TC45D
Chris