Comparison Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns?

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #21  
Buy the tractor you are most comfortable to be on and operate. Not just drive around a dealer's lot.;)

Buy the (tractor from the) dealer that you are most comfortable dealing with. Just because the dealer is 3 miles from you doesn't mean he will give as good a service as the dealer 20 miles from you. Talk to all the staff........sales, parts counter, and mechanic(s).:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #22  
Gears may not sound like a big deal, but the more you have the easier it is to get engine RPM-ground speed just how you want-need it. I have 2 Mahindra's, a 3215 HST and a 7520 4x4. The 7520 has 12F/12R syncro trans. While this has worked for me, I think that a 16F/16R trans would have been nicer, but they do not offer that and I never thought that I would need more than 12 gears. After having the 12F/12R tranny, I cannot imagine having to contend with fewer gears. It seems to me that it would be very difficult to get everything just right. There is a much bigger gap between gears and believe it or not, it is nicer to have all those gears in reverse also.

The 5035 has 5 GPM for the steering and 11 for the remotes. the JD 5055E has 6.8 for the steering and 11.4 for the remotes. So yes there is a difference, but it is not 11 vs 18. the JD 4320 is 5.1 and 12. So yes JD has the hydraulic advantage.;)

I agree fully agree with the comments about the number of gears. Less than a 12x12 is a deal breaker for me.

When i first bought my current tractor (TYM T390) I could not imagine even needing 12 gears. After using it in all types of conditions and with different implements I often wish I had a gear ratio between the ones I have.

I guess is all depends on what you have planned for the tractor.

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #23  
Mahindra makes a good tractor but dealer presence around my neck of the woods is non-existent...

We have a very good Massey/Kubota dealer and New Holland dealer real close...

That's who I would buy from if in the market for something new...

If I had access to a Mahindra dealer that was close by I would certainly give them a look...

Parts should not be an issue with Mahindra...

My biggest concern would be dealer support and if they would stay with Mahindra or if Mahindra would stay with them...

If the Deere and Mahindra are priced that close together, I would go with Deere...

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #24  
In the midwest, green paint brings a premium price. I've seen beat up Deere stuff sell for more than nice off-brand stuff. Kubota holds value too.
Resale doesn't matter until you need to sell and then compare 50% with one tractor compared with 85% of another.
Just my two cents.

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #25  
In the midwest, green paint brings a premium price. I've seen beat up Deere stuff sell for more than nice off-brand stuff. Kubota holds value too.
Resale doesn't matter until you need to sell and then compare 50% with one tractor compared with 85% of another.
Just my two cents.

Here in the South, it seems that Deere Green is still in the lead, with Kubota close behind in Resale. Some of the older equipment was indestructable..Buy the Best you can afford, Looking back is not much fun...More speeds = Better efforts.

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #26  
Don't forget the bigger the tractor, the more it takes to tow between properties. My little 3510 w/loader and loaded tires is well over 5000 lbs. Add the bush hog plus the trailer weight and all of a sudden, we need a truck upgrade!

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns?
Don't forget the bigger the tractor, the more it takes to tow between properties. My little 3510 w/loader and loaded tires is well over 5000 lbs. Add the bush hog plus the trailer weight and all of a sudden, we need a truck upgrade!

Truck and trailer. Our truck has no problem pulling the Kubota L3600, but it does remind me its back there if I get to moving too fast.

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #28  

Excuses for a new truck,dang!!!:thumbsup:

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #29  
I know...just think he didn't get what he wanted from the dealer so he made a stupid comment...

How's it a stupid comment? Don't get caught up in the "cult" of Deere....Don't buy a tractor to go with your shirt...I see folks wearing the John Deere garb who've never been on a tractor.
What didn't I get from which dealer? Talk about stupid comments!

/ Mahindra Vs Deere - resale concerns? #30  
How's it a stupid comment? Don't get caught up in the "cult" of Deere....Don't buy a tractor to go with your shirt...I see folks wearing the John Deere garb who've never been on a tractor.
What didn't I get from which dealer? Talk about stupid comments!

I thought it was called an opinion!!How would the person saying it, if everyone just called your comments stupied everytime you said something!!Just seems like people should respect others opinion and comments,just cause you dont agree doesnt make yours any better than the other persons.Not meant 4 u,just last post

No disrespect were just grown *** men