Buying Advice 4110 thoughts

/ 4110 thoughts #1  

dhawken

Tractor
07 Kubota Bx2350
Hey folks, first post in many moons. I've been looking to upgrade a 2007 Kubota bx2350 (330 hrs) for a while now - just not the right size tractor for our new place. There is a Kubota dealer and a mahindra/massey dealer fairly close by so I've been watching for good used stuff coming through. So far, this has proven tough at the mahindra dealer. He is moving what seems to be a ton of new 3016 type sizes and never seems to get anything used in.

Right now there is a 2006 4110 with loader and fairly low hours (less than 600). This may be too much for us but is definitely appealing in price and the size we'd be getting for that price. No hst, but I can deal with that I think. Industrial tires at ok wear, one set of remotes, shows some wear on the hood and controls. Any thoughts, advice on this? Heard the hydro speed is a touch slow and fuel lines require yearly draining. Alternatives around here are private sales in the 30-45hp range and 12-20k in mostly MF and JD. They have offered an ok price on my Kubota, although it is showing some evidence of the fact it's too small for some of what we ask of it, so hopefully that price remains on the table.

Thanks,
Daryl

Last edited:
   / 4110 thoughts #2  
Hey folks, first post in many moons. I've been looking to upgrade a 2007 Kubota bx2350 (330 hrs) for a while now - just not the right size tractor for our new place. There is a Kubota dealer and a mahindra/massey dealer fairly close by so I've been watching for good used stuff coming through. So far, this has proven tough at the mahindra dealer. He is moving what seems to be a ton of new 3016 type sizes and never seems to get anything used in.

Right now there is a 2006 4110 with loader and fairly low hours (less than 600). This may be too much for us but is definitely appealing in price and the size we'd be getting for that price. No hst, but I can deal with that I think. Industrial tires at ok wear, one set of remotes, shows some wear on the hood and controls. Any thoughts, advice on this? Heard the hydro speed is a touch slow and fuel lines require yearly draining. Alternatives around here are private sales in the 30-45hp range and 12-20k in mostly MF and JD. They have offered an ok price on my Kubota, although it is showing some evidence of the fact it's too small for some of what we ask of it, so hopefully that price remains on the table.

Thanks,
Daryl

A bigger tractor is better than a too small tractor. The 4110 is a good tractor. Don't understand the yearly fuel line draining. I never let mine sit more that a week or so.
hugs, Brandi

/ 4110 thoughts #3  
I have the TYM branded version of the same tractor. When i was looking for a tractor i was looking for something smaller but i saw a good deal on this one. I bought it and have been very happy with it. It can do more than I expected. I am not sorry that I bought a bigger tractor than my initial needs. At this point I would not go smaller and I am even thinking of going to a larger unit in the future (more loader lift and more tractive force for earth engagement needs)

Last edited:
   / 4110 thoughts
Thanks everyone. I went in for a drive yesterday. As everybody says, it doesn't take long to remember how use the gear and all that. Visibility of the loader is a bit poor, not self leveling and not quick attach. I liked the size and weight - should be good for "earth engagement needs" (love that term!).

Just saw the purchase price of the new 3016hst in another thread. Seemed like a good price and might fit my needs also. Found a used 2615, but seemed too small.

/ 4110 thoughts #5  
The 3016 is the same size tractor as the 2615. The 4110 is definitely a larger tractor.

/ 4110 thoughts
Hmmmm, that's good info. Did not know that about the 26xx and 30xx being similar size. Might be good enough for my needs, but I've already gotten burnt with getting too small of a unit. 40+ hp is looking good, hst would be awesome but the used market is slim.

/ 4110 thoughts #7  
I bought a 2005 4110 TLB a couple of weeks ago (220 hrs.) . I got a good deal on it . bindian is right that you will not regret a larger tractor than you need . I am very happy with mine other than not enough time to "work" with it .:rolleyes:

/ 4110 thoughts #8  
I bought a 2005 4110 TLB a couple of weeks ago (220 hrs.) . I got a good deal on it . bindian is right that you will not regret a larger tractor than you need . I am very happy with mine other than not enough time to "work" with it .:rolleyes:

Thats why they put lights on them:laughing:

That way you can go all night;)

Just kidding
Congrats.

/ 4110 thoughts #9  
You must be younger than me.... :rolleyes:

/ 4110 thoughts #10  
I just drink a lot of coffee:D