Default Mahindra 3616 Input needed

Hello All,

looking at a New 3616 HST with Cab and FEL.

Basically I am looking to replace a JD 855 (24 HP) that I have had for awhile now. Tractor works great etc but I am in need of a bit more duty out of a unit. (but not too much, Have other larger 50 HP and up tractors for the big stuff).

Basically what I am looking for are 2 or 3 main tasks.

1. Barn cleanout, Hopefully this unit is small enough to work in the barn but can still handle the work. a skidsteer is what I am using now (older model 632) but would look to spare that also for the newer 3616. One reason I want the HST tranny. Lots of forward and back when cleaning the barn even if it is only a few times a year.

2. Hay moving, Need to regularly move 4x5 bales approx 1000 + or - lbs. I see the lift cap on it is 1650 at the pins. I am wondering if this unit has the back end to carry one on the FEL and the 3 point at the same time? Or is this asking too much? If not it MUST carry at least one on the loader out to the pasture bale rings etc. Or out of the field when baling, this is a must, if you guys think this is too much please let me know. Moving say 100 bales a year with it or so.

3. Lastly pulling a Kuhn Wheel rake (15' width) I currently rake with my 855 and a 9' Sidebar at times and I have no trouble with that but would like to use the larger rake on the 3616 if I go that route.

I guess I am trying to find a unit that is big enough to do most of the odd jobs without having to mess with a larger tractor but not overworking the unit to much and wear it out / break it unnecessarily etc.

I have wanted a cab on a tractor for quite some time. and since this would be an odds and ends unit it would get alot of use. Probably around 150 hrs per year or there abouts.

I have also contemplated getting a rear finish mower to help even on yard duties. about 2 acres of grass on semi hilly terrain.

I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions from current owners about the items above.

Thank you all and have a good day.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default Re: Mahindra 3616 Input needed

Quote Originally Posted by rox5488 View Post
    Hello All,

looking at a New 3616 HST with Cab and FEL.

Basically I am looking to replace a JD 855 (24 HP) that I have had for awhile now. Tractor works great etc but I am in need of a bit more duty out of a unit. (but not too much, Have other larger 50 HP and up tractors for the big stuff).

Basically what I am looking for are 2 or 3 main tasks.

1. Barn cleanout, Hopefully this unit is small enough to work in the barn but can still handle the work. a skidsteer is what I am using now (older model 632) but would look to spare that also for the newer 3616. One reason I want the HST tranny. Lots of forward and back when cleaning the barn even if it is only a few times a year.

2. Hay moving, Need to regularly move 4x5 bales approx 1000 + or - lbs. I see the lift cap on it is 1650 at the pins. I am wondering if this unit has the back end to carry one on the FEL and the 3 point at the same time? Or is this asking too much? If not it MUST carry at least one on the loader out to the pasture bale rings etc. Or out of the field when baling, this is a must, if you guys think this is too much please let me know. Moving say 100 bales a year with it or so.

3. Lastly pulling a Kuhn Wheel rake (15' width) I currently rake with my 855 and a 9' Sidebar at times and I have no trouble with that but would like to use the larger rake on the 3616 if I go that route.

I guess I am trying to find a unit that is big enough to do most of the odd jobs without having to mess with a larger tractor but not overworking the unit to much and wear it out / break it unnecessarily etc.

I have wanted a cab on a tractor for quite some time. and since this would be an odds and ends unit it would get alot of use. Probably around 150 hrs per year or there abouts.

I have also contemplated getting a rear finish mower to help even on yard duties. about 2 acres of grass on semi hilly terrain.

I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions from current owners about the items above.

Thank you all and have a good day.
    I think the tractor would do all you need. You would be near it's limit with 1000 lb bales, since the 1650 loadrating is at the pins and the bale moves the load center out quite a ways. But 100 bales a year would be fine. Duty cycle is always to be considered. If you were moving bales for several hours a day, I'd say give yourself more margin. I often use a tractor at it's very max, but when doing so I operate carefully, smoothly, etc.

These are nicely built machines, you will appreciate the quality.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Thank you Dave

I am going to the local dealer here hopefully this week to take a test ride etc.

thanks again for any opinions.

Anyone else out there feel free to share some input!

Thanks

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

These are very nice machines, If I didn't already have a 3215 I would get a 3616. My only advice would be to load the tires, makes the tractor waaaaaay more stable and gives it a lot more traction. You will be happy with this machine for what you have said that you would use it for.

Good luck
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics