New Max series...

/ New Max series... #121  
That's funny, because I thought the price was a little high.

Perhaps they are great tractors, but only time will tell. I prefer to wait until people start buying them and report about their experiences, good or bad, before I decide for myself. And being built by Mitsubishi doesn't mean much to me, because many Mitsubishi-built tractors are impossible to get parts for.
Price too high, compared to what? Parts availability for Mistu. built Mahindras is not a problem. In the years I've been on the Mahindra forum I haven't witnessed complaints about impossible to buy parts.

/ New Max series... #122  
it is a throwback to row crop tractors. it is called a sight or pointer. you line it up with something in the distance so you can drive a straight line.

Of course, if one were to try and use this technique today it would work just fine as long as the "something in the distance" is within about 15ft of the front of the machine! The sloping hood may improve viz, but the hood ornament in this particular case is cosmetic as far as I can tell.

/ New Max series... #123  
Price too high, compared to what? Parts availability for Mistu. built Mahindras is not a problem. In the years I've been on the Mahindra forum I haven't witnessed complaints about impossible to buy parts.

My opinion about the price is just that, an opinion, like yours. As for parts availability, only time can tell, as the brand ages a bit more.

/ New Max series... #124  
No. The brakes are on the same side as the hydro pedal:(
Why would they make a silly design such as that, on an otherwise good tractor?

Although my Massey GC doesn't have split brakes, one of they main selling points for me was the brake pedal on the opposite side from the hydro pedals.

/ New Max series... #125  
Why would they make a silly design such as that, on an otherwise good tractor?

Although my Massey GC doesn't have split brakes, one of they main selling points for me was the brake pedal on the opposite side from the hydro pedals.

Common design on many HSTs from several manufacturers, especially those with foot PTO clutches. I suspect that's one of the reasons that electric over hydraulic PTO switches have become popular.

/ New Max series... #126  
Hi on the max28xl is the backhoe a 4 point subframe or belley mount also is there larger loader bucket.

/ New Max series... #127  
Common design on many HSTs from several manufacturers, especially those with foot PTO clutches. I suspect that's one of the reasons that electric over hydraulic PTO switches have become popular.

Yep. That allows a conventional clutch pedal that can be used to softly engage the PTO, and also provides a panic pedal that stops travel power and PTO power all at once. Brakes on the left are sort of strange for those of us used to a clutch pedal on the left.

Really, how often do you use the turning brakes on a small HST tractor? In fact, how often do you need to be applying the brakes at all while applying the HST pedal? There may be a few cases where this needs to be done, but rarely.

/ New Max series... #128  
Yep. That allows a conventional clutch pedal that can be used to softly engage the PTO, and also provides a panic pedal that stops travel power and PTO power all at once. Brakes on the left are sort of strange for those of us used to a clutch pedal on the left.

Really, how often do you use the turning brakes on a small HST tractor? In fact, how often do you need to be applying the brakes at all while applying the HST pedal? There may be a few cases where this needs to be done, but rarely.
The brake comes in handy when hooking up implements.

Hydros still roll if the pedals aren't touched, even when it's in 'gear'.

I live on a hill, and the brake is used fairly often. Lot's of BX owners will tell you the same thing.
That's how the term 'Kubota shuffle' came into existance.

As far as 'turning brakes' it is non-existant on my Massey. One brake pedal that is mainly used for parking

No clutch pedal on the Massey either.

/ New Max series... #129  
Hi has any one seen a max with a backhoe my dealer has the tractors with no backhoes do any dealers have one with a backhoe I think there a problem with the backhoes.

/ New Max series... #130  
Hi has any one seen a max with a backhoe my dealer has the tractors with no backhoes do any dealers have one with a backhoe I think there a problem with the backhoes.

The only problem with the Max28 backhoes is that the dealers ordered more of them than expected. We have them in stock now, and in fact just transferred a partial truckload of them to our Houston plant yesterday to help them fulfill orders. Sales on the Max tractors have been over the top, and if a dealer did not put in a good size pre-order, he may have to wait a bit while the pre-orders are filled before he can get his.