New Max series...

/ New Max series... #171  
Wow!!!
I'm not going to get into the middle of a "spitting" contest. But I just don't understand all the ruckus over how a tractor is tagged.
I'm very new to this great forum, and I have owned a little 1979 Kubota B6100 for many years. Yes it has been a great machine; never any problems. It just isn't big enough to what I plan to do currently, or in the future.

Speaking for myself, I went first to my Kubota dealer (even before looking at any advertising), to see just what was available in the new tractors. After mentioning that I would likely be interested in a smaller tractor, I was shown a BX model. I didn't give it a second look. I wanted something larger than what I have, with more HP, yet still a manageable size. The BX was not for me. Now, keep in mind, I have no clue how tractors are "classed". I looked at their B series. Nice tractors, but I could tell that they were going to be on the "light" end of what I was looking for.

I remembered there was another tractor dealer close by, but didn't even know what brand they carried. Mahindra! Hmmm, is this some cheap, off brand? I knew nothing about them. Pulled up their website, and yes, their featured tractor was the MAX series, as they had just been released. I figured it would be worth a visit to look them over. Sure enough this dealer had a fresh shipment of 22's, and 25's. No 28XL's yet. I was certainly impressed with their products. Still I don't think the smaller MAX were what I wanted. The 28XL...
maybe. I'm leaning towards the 3016. Much heavier, yet at the top of my size limit.
I'll likely take a look at the Kubota L series as well.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that I certainly haven't done my tractor search based on what one brand or another, compares its product to, or whether it's called a SCUT, CUT, HYBRID, or what ever, I'm using my own common sense to compare products that I feel are comparable in the areas that are important to me; Size, weight, power, and functionality. And will make a decision based on those merits.

Misleading advertising? I hardly think so. Anyone who buys based on just what they've read or seen somewhere is certainly doing themselves an injustice.
Marketing is marketing. Get out to your dealers. Look, touch, operate, and decide which product is right for you!

"And that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that"

/ New Max series... #172  
..........for the express purpose of taking advantage of first time buyers with limited knowledge of the products in question.

I think Don 87 must be pulling our leg. He can't be serious. But let's run with this for a minute and see if we can make it work.

So a first time buyer buys a Max 25. Some time later he is looking at his neighbors BX2660. He is jealous as the BX2660 sings along at 3200 rpm to get 19.5 PTO HP. Poor FTTB (First Time Tractor Buyer) is sad that his tractor gets it's 20 PTO HP at just 2376 rpm. He longs to rev it up more and burn more fuel and make more noise, yet there is no need, he has power to spare.

So then he thinks that just maybe the BX is an inch or two shorter, so he does a turning radius contest and FTTB turns a 7.2 foot radius to the BX 7.5. Wow, another dissapointment, the Max is more manueverable.

Then he compares tire sizes and is terribly dissapointed, as he really likes tiny tires and was tricked by the dishonest folks at Mahindra. In fact to compensate and to keep the world in balance, he is going to take his big tires off of his truck and put on little ones. And his sports car, yep, seeing the BX made him decide to take the 345/30-19 tires off the back, there is certainly no need for that big fat rubber. So he has larger tires and so in this way the FTTB is tricked again.

So then he decides to grade his driveway, but with his Max he is stuck with a smooth operating position control for the three point and a nearly 20% larger capacity pump, whereas the BX operator gets to keep real busy trying to get his grade right with his non-position control economy three-point hydraulics. Dang, tricked again. The scoundrels at Mahindra Marketing, and we know who they are, are pure evil.

Then he talks to his neighbor about the possibility of a backhoe, since they are tractor buddies by now and they need a ditch for some reason. No problem with the Max, all models take backhoes. His neighbor is still checking on this and talking about trading his tractor in.

Then the FTTB finds out that his MAX is made in Japan by Mitsubishi, and that Mahindra is the largest tractor company in the world (by total tractors sold). Then he finds out that Mahindra has award winning quality and a 5 year warranty that does not cost extra. Then he finds out that he can chose his tire type at no extra. My oh my, the more he looks into this, it is just awful.

I could go on, but it gets ugly. The poor FTTB has been tricked into this tractor by the clever marketing folks at Mahindra...and he lived happily ever after.

I tried my best, I just couldn't work up a situation where the poor FTTB was taken advantage of. Perhaps he got more tractor then he may have at first wanted, but how many people say they wish they would have bought a tractor that was just a little less capable? I think the poor FTTB would send Mahindra Marketing a thank you card, maybe even a small gift.

/ New Max series... #173  
Even though i'm a deere man, I agree with Dave wholeheartedly. Stand your ground Dave, i don't think your trying to mislead anyone.

/ New Max series... #174  
My current criticism of the Max is I can't use their website very effectively. My connection isn't lightning fast, but their site is slow as a turtle compared to any others. Could they be that overloaded? I don't recall if I ever saw a response to why the Max25 backhoe is "better" than the Deere 260?

/ New Max series... #175  
Even though i'm a deere man, I agree with Dave wholeheartedly. Stand your ground Dave, i don't think your trying to mislead anyone.

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

I had a John Deere Model D for a while. Stright pipe, 500 cubic inch 2-cylinder IIRC. I'd start it just to let it shake the windows in the neighborhood. What a cool old tractor, and decades old and ran like a top. Now my old tractor is a Case Model DO orchard. Love the old USA made machines of almost any brand.

/ New Max series... #176  
Actually, there are thousands that do care.

And when false advertising muddy's the waters it makes it very hard for the first time buyer to understand what he is looking at. And that is exactly why Mahindra has misclassified the Max series..........for the express purpose of taking advantage of first time buyers with limited knowledge of the products in question.

Daves tractor was right...........that was the single best post so far because it enabled me.........thru the words of another buyer to show just how deceptive that Mahindra is with the Max series.

Mahindra does not make a subcomact tractor.
You are partially correct. Mitsubishi builds sub-compact tractors for Mahindra.

/ New Max series... #177  
Don,

This is how Mahindra defines the subcut. .
You have the specs in front of you...........you as a dealer knows that it is not a subcut, I should not need to repeat myself to you.

If you tell customers that the Mahindra Max is a subcut..........you are doing a disservice to your customers.

The lines between subcut, and cut have been there for quite a while, and you know full well what they are. But by your definition..........I can sell my neighbors craftsman as an ag tractor...........just because he says it is?

And Dave.........I'm only coming down on you because you had the unmitigated gall to try to argue a point, when you know that you and Mahindra are clearly wrong. Your previous posts prove my point!!!

Now do the right thing.

Mahindra does not make a subcut.

/ New Max series... #178  
Wow!!!
I'm not going to get into the middle of a "spitting" contest. But I just don't understand all the ruckus over how a tractor is tagged. I'm very new to this great forum, and I have owned a little 1979 Kubota B6100 for many years. Yes it has been a great machine; never any problems. It just isn't big enough to what I plan to do currently, or in the future.

Speaking for myself, I went first to my Kubota dealer (even before looking at any advertising), to see just what was available in the new tractors. After mentioning that I would likely be interested in a smaller tractor, I was shown a BX model. I didn't give it a second look. I wanted something larger than what I have, with more HP, yet still a manageable size. The BX was not for me. Now, keep in mind, I have no clue how tractors are "classed". I looked at their B series. Nice tractors, but I could tell that they were going to be on the "light" end of what I was looking for.

I remembered there was another tractor dealer close by, but didn't even know what brand they carried. Mahindra! Hmmm, is this some cheap, off brand? I knew nothing about them. Pulled up their website, and yes, their featured tractor was the MAX series, as they had just been released. I figured it would be worth a visit to look them over. Sure enough this dealer had a fresh shipment of 22's, and 25's. No 28XL's yet. I was certainly impressed with their products. Still I don't think the smaller MAX were what I wanted. The 28XL...
maybe. I'm leaning towards the 3016. Much heavier, yet at the top of my size limit.
I'll likely take a look at the Kubota L series as well.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that I certainly haven't done my tractor search based on what one brand or another, compares its product to, or whether it's called a SCUT, CUT, HYBRID, or what ever, I'm using my own common sense to compare products that I feel are comparable in the areas that are important to me; Size, weight, power, and functionality. And will make a decision based on those merits.

Misleading advertising? I hardly think so. Anyone who buys based on just what they've read or seen somewhere is certainly doing themselves an injustice.
Marketing is marketing. Get out to your dealers. Look, touch, operate, and decide which product is right for you!

"And that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that"
That's the key.........you don't know, by your own admission.

Now might be the time to sit back and learn a little.

/ New Max series... #179  
A little studying of facts may change your mind about the Mahindra Max Series............You do realize that according to Mahindra, the Deere 1 series is junk compared to Mahindras "subcompact tractor"(that doesn't exist).

/ New Max series... #180  
You are partially correct. Mitsubishi builds sub-compact tractors for Mahindra.
Mitsubishi builds Compact Utility Tractors for Mahindra.

Mahindra does not sell a subcompact tractor.