New Max series...

/ New Max series... #181  
So don, how do you respond to mahindra not even bothering to compare max to GC2610? Is the max so far beyond comparison, that the Massey would look like a 30" rear engine rider next to a 425hp articulated FWD? Or is it the max is threatened by the GC lineup?

/ New Max series... #182  
Don,

This is how Mahindra defines the subcut. You define it your way. I don't really care so much about how Massey or Kubota or JD define sub-cut. But like an astute poster mentioned, who really cares about the label? We are going after the market that Kubota goes after with their BX, but we never set out to make a BX clone and paint it Mahindra red.

Look at our 4035PST vs the Kubota L3940 GST. We are 850 lbs heavier, so over 20% heavier. Darn, what will we call that tractor? It just isn't fair if we call it the same class as the Kubota.

Our 5035 PST vs the L4740 GST, we are 1200 lbs heavier. Well we better not advertise this as a compact because that would be dishonest and deceptive! We don't fit the Kubota mold on this one either.

Lets go to a utility tractor, like the Mahindra 8560 vs the Kubota M8540. Hmmm, we are 1897 lbs heavier, lift more, etc. Well, we better not advertise that as a Utility, because it is 30% more tractor than the Kubota and that wouldn't be fair. Of course our 5035 weighs about the same as the Kubota M8540, so is the M8540 a Compact?

You know Don, I just don't see any way we can advertise honestly. We are going to have to shrink our tractors a little, maybe make them less capable, put on some smaller tires, we can then run it by you and see if that passes your test. :thumbsup:

To the rest of you "non-Don87" Kubota fans, if you read many of my posts you will find that I have a huge respect for Kubota, their dealers, and their products. They have done wonders in the small tractor market, and when they first started people gave them little hope. Now they hold a huge market share. And they did it by defining their own market, building a good product and selling it via good dealers. So my defense of Don's vitriolic criticisms is not meant in any way to disparage Kubota.

Breaking news: Tractors are built different. This means they aren't the same and spec differently. As shown here. Miraculous.
Really, who cares what they class them as?? I'm in the market for a new tractor, but I didn't set out to look for a "SCUT, a CUT or any other abbreviation for class. I'm out looking for the best tractor to fit my needs and budget. I'll not rely on just what anyones web page shows. I'll go look at the features and benefits that a particular brand/model has to offer me, and base my buying decision from that.......I want a machine that will perform the tasks I want to do, and be the best value for my dollar.

So call them what you want.......

Just my 2 cents worth!

When first time tractor buyer (I like that abbreviation FTTB:thumbsup:) visits the forums, I would say some of their first questions are: what is a SCUT, a CUT, an UT, a FEL, a BH, a . . . you get the point. Since the FTTB doesn't know what it is, how in the world are they supposed to be sucked into an advertising scheme that is comparing SCUTs?
Don,says Actually, there are thousands that do care. Not really. We really don't care anymore about what is a cut scut or a but stuck in a rut. :laughing:

And this couldn't be more of the truth. I can't believe I'm spending my time right now defending Mahindra. But, I can't believe that people are not only bashing a respectable brand, but the dealers of that brand that are here willing to help us. It's ludicrous.

/ New Max series... #183  
And this couldn't be more of the truth. I can't believe I'm spending my time right now defending Mahindra. But, I can't believe that people are not only bashing a respectable brand, but the dealers of that brand that are here willing to help us. It's ludicrous.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ New Max series... #184  
So don, how do you respond to mahindra not even bothering to compare max to GC2610? Is the max so far beyond comparison, that the Massey would look like a 30" rear engine rider next to a 425hp articulated FWD? Or is it the max is threatened by the GC lineup?
This post doesn't really deserve a response, but just to make you happy.

Go to Massey Ferguson and look at the specs of the Subcompact you cited............then go to Mahindra and Look at the specs of the Cut tractor you cited............then come back with your views.

/ New Max series... #185  
Breaking news: Tractors are built different. This means they aren't the same and spec differently. As shown here. Miraculous.

When first time tractor buyer (I like that abbreviation FTTB:thumbsup:) visits the forums, I would say some of their first questions are: what is a SCUT, a CUT, an UT, a FEL, a BH, a . . . you get the point. Since the FTTB doesn't know what it is, how in the world are they supposed to be sucked into an advertising scheme that is comparing SCUTs?

I stated here on the forums a while back(you can check if you like), that if any dealer, told an untruth about their product, that I would be all over them.

And if you'll notice by the posts..........I did not go searching for daves tractor.........even though there is a thread congratulating him for being a "Mahindra Red Carpet Dealer".

It was Daves Tractor, that decided he was going to post in a thread That I was already posting on.

It was Daves tractor that decided to engage me in a discussion where I had done my homework, and either had more knowledge of the machines in question than he did/does, or he decided he didn't care and was going to keep pushing his Compact Utility Tractor, as a subcut, even though he knows that it is false advertising..........or misleading customers.

Daves tractor had several choices........none of which worked in his favor.

He is selling a CUT tractor, claiming that Mahindra says its a SCUT..........so he is ok.

No he isn't..........he knows better..........Mahindra doesn't sell a subcut!!!

/ New Max series... #186  
And that's where we disagree. Dave is an honest man and deserves to be a Mahindra Red Carpet dealer for backing them up while misinformation is being posted about them. I don't know a single thing about Dave besides his posts on TBN and what people here say. He's not a criminal. He's simply a man who is here to help.

Mahindra makes a SCUT. Whether you agree that it's a SCUT or even I agree that it's a SCUT is debatable. But Mahindra's vision of what they want a SCUT to be and/or think it will become is the MAX, and I applaud them for their innovation in doing something that no other tractor company has done.

/ New Max series... #187  
And that's where we disagree. Dave is an honest man and deserves to be a Mahindra Red Carpet dealer for backing them up while misinformation is being posted about them. I don't know a single thing about Dave besides his posts on TBN and what people here say. He's not a criminal. He's simply a man who is here to help.

Mahindra makes a SCUT. Whether you agree that it's a SCUT or even I agree that it's a SCUT is debatable. But Mahindra's vision of what they want a SCUT to be and/or think it will become is the MAX, and I applaud them for their innovation in doing something that no other tractor company has done.
Ok, now you are showing us a few things..........

By your own admission you know, but you don't know........which of these 'facts' would you like us to latch onto?

Mahindra does not market a scut........the facts bear this out.

/ New Max series... #188  
Don87 said:
Ok, now you are showing us a few things..........

By your own admission you know, but you don't know........which would you like us to latch onto?

Mahindra does not market a scut........the facts bear this out.

What I've said all along. That Mahindra's current vision for a SCUT does not conform to the other brands, but are trying to pave the large for what they believe a SCUT is and what it should be.

/ New Max series... #189  
What I've said all along. That Mahindra's current vision for a SCUT does not conform to the other brands, but are trying to pave the large for what they believe a SCUT is and what it should be.
Wrong answer..........that market is taken by the Cut category.........a little investigating on your part would bear these facts out.

That's why we are having this discussion now. Mahindra can't create a "new" category..........where none exists, but if you look at the marketing strategy.......they use a CUT sized tractor to try to demean the reputation of the SCUT sized tractors.

The facts bear this out............I'm unsure as to why you and others can't understand the text that you read. Unless you haven't read it:confused:

Mahindra does not market a subcompact tractor.

/ New Max series... #190  
Don87 said:
Wrong answer..........that market is taken by the Cut category.........a little investigating on your part would bear these facts out.

That's why we are having this discussion now. Mahindra can't create a "new" category..........where none exists, but if you look at the marketing strategy.......they use a CUT sized tractor to try to demean the reputation of the SCUT sized tractors.

The facts bear this out............I'm unsure as to why you and others can't understand the text that you read. Unless you haven't read it:confused:

Mahindra does not market a subcut tractor.

I've done the 'investigating'... More than once. I would say that the Max being more nimble than a SCUT would be one reason they are in their own category. Mahindra wants believes a bigger SCUT is the way of the future.

We are not arguing the product, either. We are arguing the name. And the name doesn't matter. At all. The tractor matters.