New Max series...

/ New Max series... #211  
JD 1000 series also claims to use full CAT1 implements, and most would call it a SCUT. All this noise about classification in pointless. The MAX series looks promising to me, and if available for similar money to a BX or GC, it would be a no brainer to go with the MAX. Much they way one could consider a TYM T233 or a Kioti CK20.

I never liked the typical "SCUTS". Too small to be real tractors. Too big to be good mowers. I'm not even all that enthused by the JD 1000 series. If I wanted a lawn mower, I'd get a JD X700 series. If I wanted a tractor, I'd get a real tractor. Little wheels, low ground clearance, light weight, weak hydraulics, loaders that can't lift a 1000 lbs: these aren't real tractors. The MAX, for me personally, defines the bottom end of the real tractor group. And that's an area lacking in choices as I see it. Happy to see the new Max's! Call it whatever you want; who cares.

/ New Max series... #212  
JD 1-series makes no claim for full cat1, they use the "limited" classification.
The Max has better specs than the 1-series almost across the board. That said, IME the price was about 7% higher for the Max25 than the 1026 TLB. If I had a Mahindra dealer nearby I would have to look hard at what appears to be a very good machine.

JD 1000 series also claims to use full CAT1 implements, and most would call it a SCUT. All this noise about classification in pointless. The MAX series looks promising to me, and if available for similar money to a BX or GC, it would be a no brainer to go with the MAX. Much they way one could consider a TYM T233 or a Kioti CK20.

I never liked the typical "SCUTS". Too small to be real tractors. Too big to be good mowers. I'm not even all that enthused by the JD 1000 series. If I wanted a lawn mower, I'd get a JD X700 series. If I wanted a tractor, I'd get a real tractor. Little wheels, low ground clearance, light weight, weak hydraulics, loaders that can't lift a 1000 lbs: these aren't real tractors. The MAX, for me personally, defines the bottom end of the real tractor group. And that's an area lacking in choices as I see it. Happy to see the new Max's! Call it whatever you want; who cares.

/ New Max series... #213  
I stand corrected on the JD 1000 series. I know I read some time back something that claimed they used standard CAT1 attachments. I always had my doubts, given the tire size. Doesn't matter, though, classification is simply a samantics thing and each mfr can and does use their own version of the definition. That's OK. I'm smart enough to actually research tractors before I buy.

/ New Max series... #214  
If you'll notice.......mine is red.

That's 2 mistakes you've made in 2 posts..........care to try for a third?

The specifications on the Mahindra "subcompact tractors" clearly show them to be miscategorized purposely to fool the public.

Mahindra does not make a subcompact.

You have the facts in front of you, and as a dealer, should not be pushing them as something they aren't.
This is why you should not have entered the discussion..........you know that they are not subcompacts. To say they are, and you being a dealer with the knowledge to know the difference, makes you dishonest in my book.

As I've told the others, it's like comparing an F250 to a Ford Ranger.........the only similarity is that they are both trucks.

Hi Don87, I hate to enter the :(fray between you and Dave but I really don't think this is a place to post personal :mad:insults. Could you tell me where I can find the official web site that states exactly what features define a tractor as a compact or sub compact:confused2:? Why are you so:mad:hostile? I thought this was a forum not a podium? I know Dave personally and think that you have picked the wrong person to speak ill of. Lets talk tractors:) and forget the insults.
Solinski

/ New Max series... #215  
I can't believe people are still arguing about SCUT vs CUT vs full CAT 1 capable, etc...

From a marketing point of view, what Mahindra did was brilliant. In marketing, people make decisions based on comparisons. Therefore, if you can control how your product is compared to other products, you can control the value proposition to your advantage.

Kubota's brand/reputation is hard to overcome. Compared to a B series Kubota, the MAX is just "cheaper" but about equal in capabilities. But compared to a BX, the MAX series appear to be MUCH more capable at a similar price. For many people, this would be a better deal.

Myself, I'd probably buy a Kubota. I like knowing I can get most of my money back if needed. Plus, FOR ME, Kubota's engineering expertise, and large service network with experienced technicians are worth a premium. But this MAX series looks like a heck of a deal. If I knew for sure every part on the machine was designed and build by Mitsubishi....it would be hard to turn down.

/ New Max series... #216  
Wow. 15 pages of a pissing contest. All about whether the MAX is a scut or a cut. Seriously? So they are comparing it to scuts and technically it is a cut. They could compare it to a watermelon for all I care. Bottom line is determine YOUR needs. Research those tractors that fit YOUR profile. Buy the tractor that will do the work YOU need it to do.

This reminds me of the eighth graders I teach. There is always one in class that can't wait to correct somebody or point out a mistake someone else makes. Seriously dude, it doesn't make you look like some tractor genius. It makes you look like an *****.

/ New Max series... #219  
guys if you're concerned about it, just lay em on the table and see who's is longer. No vids or pics please.

bunch of alleged grown-ups arguing about a term that at best has a limited definition, all because a marketing team somewhere decided to use it.

While you're at it though, can we get an e-consensus on what comprises "real cola taste" ?

/ New Max series... #220  
Coke would be green if not colored brown [ 'bought as pertainent as anything else.... :) ]