New Max series...

/ New Max series... #221  
I've got a "M4" that shoots .22 cal. I'm a poor man that can't afford .223 ammo. The .22 is just as reliable and you can get rounds way cheaper. I like plinking. I'm not going to war to shoot people. I also do not have a 1,000 yd firing range to test the ability of my rifle. One day, I might buy a larger place and maybe I will have my dream firing range, so I opted for the Multicaliber model. This way, I can change my upper for a .223 and have all the loud fun I want to on the range. The name of my rifle could be AR-15, M4, .22 rifle, or whatever else people choose to call it. It wouldn't bother me one bit because it is after all, my weapon of choice. It suits my needs. It was in my price range for purchase price and ammo, upkeep price. Why is this thread so full of trash talk? It was started to talk about buying/pricing a new Mahindra Max. If anyone wants to talk about that, I'm game. Did any of you buy now or are you considering buying now because of the Tier IV price hikes. I wonder why Tier IV even affects the Max because It was supposed to only affect machines over 25 horsepower, I thought. Has anyone heard of manufacturers coming out with new bigger better <25 horsepower machines. I would assume tier IV is forcing this to happen. I bet you can get a tractor with good size pretty soon that is <25 horses.

/ New Max series... #222  
what is the anticipated price hike for tier iv? (vs say the same model machine prior to)

/ New Max series... #223  
what is the anticipated price hike for tier iv? (vs say the same model machine prior to)

As Don was saying, it should not affect 25HP and down units, so I expect there will be more <25hp units. Most 26-28HP tractors could be rated at 100-150rpm less and be legitimately called 25hp, so I expect we will see some of that. Cost will be significant on models for which technology must be added, not just a few hundred $$, maybe $2500-$4000 range depending on HP and brand and the technology used.

I think Don is suspecting a Max28XL that will be rated at 25HP? Seems reasonable to me. I don't think there will be 26HP machines, if you are going to have to spend a bunch on Tier IV, you might as well make those machines start at 30+ HP.

/ New Max series... #224  
I can't believe people are still arguing about SCUT vs CUT vs full CAT 1 capable, etc...

From a marketing point of view, what Mahindra did was brilliant. In marketing, people make decisions based on comparisons. Therefore, if you can control how your product is compared to other products, you can control the value proposition to your advantage.

Kubota's brand/reputation is hard to overcome. Compared to a B series Kubota, the MAX is just "cheaper" but about equal in capabilities. But compared to a BX, the MAX series appear to be MUCH more capable at a similar price. For many people, this would be a better deal.

Myself, I'd probably buy a Kubota. I like knowing I can get most of my money back if needed. Plus, FOR ME, Kubota's engineering expertise, and large service network with experienced technicians are worth a premium. But this MAX series looks like a heck of a deal. If I knew for sure every part on the machine was designed and build by Mitsubishi....it would be hard to turn down.

It was a smart marketing move, and it does take some strategy to make inroads into a market that Kubota has dominated. Kubota is a smart company and they build a nice product. I have a lot of respect for Kubota.

The Max tractors, as well as the 16 series and the previous 15 series are entirely Mitsubishi. They are shipped directly from Japan to the final assembly/distribution points in the USA. Tires, wheels, loaders, mowers, batteries and backhoes are sourced elsewhere, mostly in the USA. Final assembly is in the USA. Quality is top notch. It is not a step down in quality, in any manner, from the other Japanese made units like Kubota. Just like JD sourced most of their under 40HP tractors from Yanmar in Japan for decades and NH sourced most of their small tractors from Shibaura in Japan. Quality is excellent, the only issue is keeping cost down as Japan is not a cheap place to build stuff and the Yen to Dollar exchange has been problematic. But besides price concerns (which Mahindra has managed well) it's hard to beat a compact (or sub-compact :rolleyes:) Japanese built tractor for quality.

/ New Max series... #225  
As Don was saying, it should not affect 25HP and down units, so I expect there will be more <25hp units. Most 26-28HP tractors could be rated at 100-150rpm less and be legitimately called 25hp, so I expect we will see some of that. Cost will be significant on models for which technology must be added, not just a few hundred $$, maybe $2500-$4000 range depending on HP and brand and the technology used.

I think Don is suspecting a Max28XL that will be rated at 25HP? Seems reasonable to me. I don't think there will be 26HP machines, if you are going to have to spend a bunch on Tier IV, you might as well make those machines start at 30+ HP.

ouch. gotcha. Oh well, don't think that'll have any affect on me, I doubt I'll be upgrading any time soon ;)

/ New Max series... #227  
I can't believe people are still arguing about SCUT vs CUT vs full CAT 1 capable, etc...

From a marketing point of view, what Mahindra did was brilliant. In marketing, people make decisions based on comparisons. Therefore, if you can control how your product is compared to other products, you can control the value proposition to your advantage.

Kubota's brand/reputation is hard to overcome. Compared to a B series Kubota, the MAX is just "cheaper" but about equal in capabilities. But compared to a BX, the MAX series appear to be MUCH more capable at a similar price. For many people, this would be a better deal.

Myself, I'd probably buy a Kubota. I like knowing I can get most of my money back if needed. Plus, FOR ME, Kubota's engineering expertise, and large service network with experienced technicians are worth a premium. But this MAX series looks like a heck of a deal. If I knew for sure every part on the machine was designed and build by Mitsubishi....it would be hard to turn down.

Still arguing? You're the one who resurrected this thread dude!

/ New Max series... #228  
I'm thinking from a business standpoint, price will go up on everything across the board so it doesn't exaggerate prices on tractors alone. Loaders, backhoes, and branded implements will have to go up. If mfg's spread the cost among everything, it will be an easier pill to swallow. If I was in the market, I would purchase now. For the price reason but also because historically, new technology brings new complications. Ie. 2007 diesel pickups.

/ New Max series... #229  
well, regardless of all that, I spent an hour or so digging holes with my max 28 today and it's been the best time I've had in the past few weeks.

/ New Max series... #230  
It was a smart marketing move, and it does take some strategy to make inroads into a market that Kubota has dominated. Kubota is a smart company and they build a nice product. I have a lot of respect for Kubota.

The Max tractors, as well as the 16 series and the previous 15 series are entirely Mitsubishi. They are shipped directly from Japan to the final assembly/distribution points in the USA. Tires, wheels, loaders, mowers, batteries and backhoes are sourced elsewhere, mostly in the USA. Final assembly is in the USA. Quality is top notch. It is not a step down in quality, in any manner, from the other Japanese made units like Kubota. Just like JD sourced most of their under 40HP tractors from Yanmar in Japan for decades and NH sourced most of their small tractors from Shibaura in Japan. Quality is excellent, the only issue is keeping cost down as Japan is not a cheap place to build stuff and the Yen to Dollar exchange has been problematic. But besides price concerns (which Mahindra has managed well) it's hard to beat a compact (or sub-compact :rolleyes:) Japanese built tractor for quality.

Yen has been devalued, Realtive to US dollars, Japan has become competitive to get their Manufacturing back on track. Mitsu is good company.