New Max series...

/ New Max series... #231  
I'm thinking from a business standpoint, price will go up on everything across the board so it doesn't exaggerate prices on tractors alone. Loaders, backhoes, and branded implements will have to go up. If mfg's spread the cost among everything, it will be an easier pill to swallow. If I was in the market, I would purchase now. For the price reason but also because historically, new technology brings new complications. Ie. 2007 diesel pickups.

That makes a lot of sense Don, spread the cost to ease the burden particularly since it appears Mahindra has spent a lot of time and money to make in roads into the small tractor class as it has. It would make little sense to just raise the price of the Max28xl for example after marketing it as a more capable, but still affordable smaller tractor. The Max just might be what I'm looking for in my search for a new Scut/Cut,...whatever the heck you want to call it! BTW love your you tube videos!

/ New Max series... #232  
One question I do have for you dealers who are nice enough to come on here and offer expertise and answer questions. I have 2012 Husqvarna GTH27V48LS with just under 50 hours on it. Love the machine, but it's become quite clear that I need more capbility than what it has to offer. I bought it thinking I would mow, clear snow, and till a garden with it and just rent a larger machine to do the actual property maintenance projects I have planned. Well needless to say that after only completing a few of my projects via rental that it just isn't cost effective in my case to do it that way, not too mention having to pray for good weather when I rent. Anyway what realistically would the ball park trade in value be for my Husqvarna, if I were to order a Max25 or 28XL with a loader and the 60" MMM? I guess what I'm after here is if it makes sense to order the Max with FEL and MMM and trade in my current tractor to offset the cost of the MMM. Or would it make more sense to keep the Husqvarna and then just order the Max 25 or 28XL with just the loader. I don't expect exact number just a ball park to give me an idea on how the trade in process works and if it would be worth it. Thanks in advance, and it's awesome that you guys at least try to be somewhat accessible on here. Feel free to message me if you would rather do it that way. Thanks, Chemteck

Last edited:
   / New Max series... #233  
I'm thinking from a business standpoint, price will go up on everything across the board so it doesn't exaggerate prices on tractors alone. Loaders, backhoes, and branded implements will have to go up. If mfg's spread the cost among everything, it will be an easier pill to swallow. If I was in the market, I would purchase now. For the price reason but also because historically, new technology brings new complications. Ie. 2007 diesel pickups.

Are you that fellar on youtube.

/ New Max series... #234  
Yen has been devalued, Realtive to US dollars, Japan has become competitive to get their Manufacturing back on track. Mitsu is good company.

Agreed, the last few months have shown some relief in that regard.

/ New Max series... #235  
One question I do have for you dealers who are nice enough to come on here and offer expertise and answer questions. I have 2012 Husqvarna GTH27V48LS with just under 50 hours on it. Love the machine, but it's become quite clear that I need more capbility than what it has to offer. I bought it thinking I would mow, clear snow, and till a garden with it and just rent a larger machine to do the actual property maintenance projects I have planned. Well needless to say that after only completing a few of my projects via rental that it just isn't cost effective in my case to do it that way, not too mention having to pray for good weather when I rent. Anyway what realistically would the ball park trade in value be for my Husqvarna, if I were to order a Max25 or 28XL with a loader and the 60" MMM? I guess what I'm after here is if it makes sense to order the Max with FEL and MMM and trade in my current tractor to offset the cost of the MMM. Or would it make more sense to keep the Husqvarna and then just order the Max 25 or 28XL with just the loader. I don't expect exact number just a ball park to give me an idea on how the trade in process works and if it would be worth it. Thanks in advance, and it's awesome that you guys at least try to be somewhat accessible on here. Feel free to message me if you would rather do it that way. Thanks, Chemteck

I really don't know what your Husqy is worth, but the idea of two machines appeals to me. I'm a tractor dealer with literally hundreds of tractors at my fingertips, but I still own an Exmark Navigator for some of the nicer lawn areas at our home, then use a tractor for when I am mowing acres of grass/weeds out back. They both have their place in my opinion.

/ New Max series... #236  
I really don't know what your Husqy is worth, but the idea of two machines appeals to me. I'm a tractor dealer with literally hundreds of tractors at my fingertips, but I still own an Exmark Navigator for some of the nicer lawn areas at our home, then use a tractor for when I am mowing acres of grass/weeds out back. They both have their place in my opinion.

Thanks for replying Dave, and let just say thus far the little I've been on here your input and assistance to folks on here is to be commended. I for one appreciate it. Anyway back to my dilemma, my thought process on trading the Husqvarna is this: It only has a 48" deck which I stupidly settled for because the 54" inch version of the tractor wasn't projected to be at any dealer within 100 miles of me for another month!:mur: and my grass was already approaching 6 inches high! A mistake I won't make again! So the 60" shaft driven cut on the Max would make a huge difference in mowing time, not only the extra width, but I'm more likely to get a cleaner cut on taller grass with a shaft drive machine. So if it gets a little long I should be able to get it cut on the first pass vs at least 2 passes with the Husqvarna minimum. When you have 2 acres to mow that will likely grow to 7 acres before I'm done (though some of that I'll brush hog.) that extra time savings multiples pretty quickly as you know I'm sure. Then another factor is storage. We just had our place built 2 years ago and thus far I only have a two car garage for storage. And I'm not the type to leave my equipment out ever if I'm not using it. I am blessed by the fact that my uncle has a decent size pole barn on the property right next to mine that I can store implements in, but it doesn't have covered sides so to me it is not really a place I want to store a 15K-20K tractor. Call me fussy, but that's the way I am with my equipment. :D So needless to say to have 1 machine do everything would be helpful, but not a deal breaker by any means. If worse came to worse I could get by storing the Husqvarna in my uncles barn, until I got something built. Did I mention that 27HP Briggs on the the Husqvarna is awful thirsty when mowing? Everthing else I do with it I could run half or 3/4 throttle and have plenty of power and the fuel usage isn't outrageous.
On another note, how have things gone with the Max series? Are folks happy with them? What's your opinion on the Max 25 vs the 28XL? I probably don't have enough backhoe work to justify adding one, but a loader for sure and if I don't opt. for the MMM then I may well do a box blade or tiller depending on cost of course. So if one machine is better than the other. (in quantifiable terms with the absence of a BH in mind) for those implements let me know what you think. Also how much weight does loading the tires on each machine add?

Last edited:
   / New Max series... #237  
Thanks for the kind words. This is a great community here.

Max's have been awesome. I've sold a bunch and they have been near flawless. The Max28XL actually uses the same engine as the Max25, so power is very close in reality. The Max25 has the mid-pto standard, so that saves a little $$. Ground clearance is better with the Max28 as it uses a taller tire. On the flip side, the Max25 is super easy to get on and off as it is lower. The Max28 has tilt wheel and is a little longer in the operators area, so >6' folks prefer the space I think. You get more FEL capacity with the 28, yet the Max 25 quickly lifts a full bucket of wet sand, so it is enough.

Rim Guard in the rear tires on a Max25 adds 258 lbs, vs 321 lbs for the Max28. I'd sit on each and drive each. If the Max25 fits you well, I'd buy it.

/ New Max series... #238  
Thanks for the kind words. This is a great community here.

Max's have been awesome. I've sold a bunch and they have been near flawless. The Max28XL actually uses the same engine as the Max25, so power is very close in reality. The Max25 has the mid-pto standard, so that saves a little $$. Ground clearance is better with the Max28 as it uses a taller tire. On the flip side, the Max25 is super easy to get on and off as it is lower. The Max28 has tilt wheel and is a little longer in the operators area, so >6' folks prefer the space I think. You get more FEL capacity with the 28, yet the Max 25 quickly lifts a full bucket of wet sand, so it is enough.

Rim Guard in the rear tires on a Max25 adds 258 lbs, vs 321 lbs for the Max28. I'd sit on each and drive each. If the Max25 fits you well, I'd buy it.

Hmmm, didn't realize the Max25 had Mid PTO standard and the 28 did not. So that's a good heads up on that. Even if I don't get the MMM, I'd pretty sure I still want the mid PTO just to have the option down the road if need be. Just a ball park figure (I know you are in California) but just to give me an idea how much is the Mid PTO upgrade on the 28XL? PM me that info if you'd rather, if you would please. I could aways run a 3pt finish mower I suppose if I went without the mid PTO on the 28XL, but it wouldn't be near as maneuverable as an MMM. And of course I could always keep the Husqvarna to mow. Sooo many variables, but I'm going to take my time and get it right this time....I hope! As far as the extra room, I'm only 5'6" so I'll fit either machine I'm sure. What is the difference in ground clearance between the two, I didn't see that listed on the Mahindra site but I might have overlooked it.

What is the deal with the Shuttle Shift trans. on the 28XL? I've never had one. Are they durable? Do they have any advantages over the HYDRO? How bout the P.T.O. how does that work with the SS trans? Is it live or does it stop when the clutch is pressed is what I'm really after I guess. How bout mowing in High Range, I've heard that some tractors in this class don't like to move if you stop on an incline with the 2 range Hydro. That is part of the reason for my inquiry into the SS Trans. Has the Max experienced this issue? Most of my slopes are gentle, but I'm just curious about it. Thanks in advance! Chemteck

/ New Max series... #239  
Hmmm, didn't realize the Max25 had Mid PTO standard and the 28 did not. So that's a good heads up on that. Even if I don't get the MMM, I'd pretty sure I still want the mid PTO just to have the option down the road if need be. Just a ball park figure (I know you are in California) but just to give me an idea how much is the Mid PTO upgrade on the 28XL? PM me that info if you'd rather, if you would please. I could aways run a 3pt finish mower I suppose if I went without the mid PTO on the 28XL, but it wouldn't be near as maneuverable as an MMM. And of course I could always keep the Husqvarna to mow. Sooo many variables, but I'm going to take my time and get it right this time....I hope! As far as the extra room, I'm only 5'6" so I'll fit either machine I'm sure. What is the difference in ground clearance between the two, I didn't see that listed on the Mahindra site but I might have overlooked it.

What is the deal with the Shuttle Shift tractor on the 28XL? I've never had one. Are they durable? Do they have any advantages over the HYDRO? How bout the P.T.O. how does that work with the SS trans? Is it live or does it stop when the clutch is pressed is what I'm really after I guess. How bout mowing in High Range, I've heard that some tractors in this class don't like to move if you stop on an incline with the 2 range Hydro. That is part of the reason for my inquiry into the SS Trans. Has the Max experienced this issue? Most of my slopes are gentle, but I'm just curious about it. Thanks in advance! Chemteck

You are asking good questions. MSRP on the mid-PTO kit is $525. If you go with the rear-mount, you'll never need it. Ground clearance might not be listed since each tractor has three different tire options and all are different heights. I'd say roughly 2 inches. The shuttles are durable, but if you mow a lot, especially precise mowing, you will appreciate the fact that an HST by nature has ground travel and PTO independent of each other. The PTO spins away regardless if you are going forward, backward or stopped. On the Max28XL shuttle, if you push in the clutch to stop ground travel, your PTO winds down. That isn't the case with the 3016 and larger shuttles, but is the case for the 28. Tractors were that way for decades and we all got along fine, but having a PTO that is independent of travel really is better. In summary, go with the HST for your application.

I use a Max25 mostly at home. It does not lack for power. I do have to shift to low range for some things I do. I have a big drop-off that I fill with grass clippings and leaves and other yard debris. Sort of like a huge compost pile. It is soft, and the sides are steep. I generally have to go to low range when I am playing in that area. Otherwise all mowing is done in high. When the Max25's first came out I mowed my 10 acres of pistachios with my 6' flail mower and it did great. I'd generally recommend a 5', but the 6 footer never even thought of bogging the engine down. I do mow often though, so I wasn't mowing tall thick grass.

It is easy to keep stepping up in size. The Max22 would work fine for you, but the Max25 isn't much more and has a larger engine. From that point, the Max28 is a little heavier and lifts more and has larger tires and isn't that much more. But then the 3016 is a real step up in size...and isn't that much more. Soon enough I'll have you in a mPower 85 with a cab...for not that much more. So figure what you need, and try to keep your focus and do not step up in size needlessly. Just my thoughts.

/ New Max series... #240  
You are asking good questions. MSRP on the mid-PTO kit is $525. If you go with the rear-mount, you'll never need it. Ground clearance might not be listed since each tractor has three different tire options and all are different heights. I'd say roughly 2 inches. The shuttles are durable, but if you mow a lot, especially precise mowing, you will appreciate the fact that an HST by nature has ground travel and PTO independent of each other. The PTO spins away regardless if you are going forward, backward or stopped. On the Max28XL shuttle, if you push in the clutch to stop ground travel, your PTO winds down. That isn't the case with the 3016 and larger shuttles, but is the case for the 28. Tractors were that way for decades and we all got along fine, but having a PTO that is independent of travel really is better. In summary, go with the HST for your application.

I use a Max25 mostly at home. It does not lack for power. I do have to shift to low range for some things I do. I have a big drop-off that I fill with grass clippings and leaves and other yard debris. Sort of like a huge compost pile. It is soft, and the sides are steep. I generally have to go to low range when I am playing in that area. Otherwise all mowing is done in high. When the Max25's first came out I mowed my 10 acres of pistachios with my 6' flail mower and it did great. I'd generally recommend a 5', but the 6 footer never even thought of bogging the engine down. I do mow often though, so I wasn't mowing tall thick grass.

It is easy to keep stepping up in size. The Max22 would work fine for you, but the Max25 isn't much more and has a larger engine. From that point, the Max28 is a little heavier and lifts more and has larger tires and isn't that much more. But then the 3016 is a real step up in size...and isn't that much more. Soon enough I'll have you in a mPower 85 with a cab...for not that much more. So figure what you need, and try to keep your focus and do not step up in size needlessly. Just my thoughts.

Great info indeed! You have really been helpful and I truly appreciate it! The more I read your posts the more I'm thinking the Max25 might be the best fit. I'll drive them all of course, but thus far the Max25 seems to make the most sense. Am I correct in assuming the Max22 is the same tractor as the Max 25 just with smaller engine and less P.T.O. HP. ? For the little bit extra for the Max25 seems to me the extra P.T.O. HP is well worth it. Especially considering I have roughly another 2.5 acres I want to clear so I'll likely be using a 3 point P.T.O. wood chipper, box blade, PHD and God knows what other attachment I'll find i can't live without! lol I'll probably hire in a dozer to do the initial clearing of the 2.5 acres and then clean things up and smooth it out with whatever tractor I decide on. Mostly the stuff to be cleared just brush and hay with a few smaller trees here and there. Do you think I could pop that brush up with a Max25 or 28? Or am I better off hiring it out as planned. I gott a guy that did the initial clearing for the house that will doze all the big stuff into a pile for about $500.