New Max series...

/ New Max series... #241  
Yes, the Max22 and 25 are nearly twin sisters, just different engines.

/ New Max series... #242  
Yes, the Max22 and 25 are nearly twin sisters, just different engines.

That's what I figured. How come Mahindra doesn't have attachment MSRP listed on the site? Particularly the ML202 loader.

/ New Max series... #243  
Not sure. Until recently they did not have MSRP for anything listed. They monitor this website occasionally and listen to your feedback.

/ New Max series... #244  
Not sure. Until recently they did not have MSRP for anything listed. They monitor this website occasionally and listen to your feedback.

Weird, I mean, I know MSRP really means little in the grand scheme of things. But it would be nice to have some guideline to go by??
Atleast for the attachment stuff like the FEL and BH. I get why they don't have it for implements, but a machine like the Max to me stands alone in it's class and stacks up pretty well the next step up in competitors machines. I see no reason not too include it. Not like I won't go drive a few and ask at the dealer anyway.

/ New Max series... #245  
At any rate thank you Dave for all your help! You have been most helpful and are truely an asset to the folks here on TBN!

/ New Max series... #246  
fwiw I absolutely love my max28. I looked at a couple different small tractors, and read up a bunch online and talked to several dealers within ~150 miles before I jumped in (blindly, I might add... the dealer I bought from had just picked up the mahindra line and had a couple 3000 and up series tractors but none of the small ones). I have two regular mowers for grass duty, so the mmm was a non player for me, but I did want the larger backhoe and fel lifting capacity.

larger really is a subjective thing though in terms of size, the machine is not what I would call large.. it takes up dimensionally about as much space as the wife's prius, maybe a touch longer with the hoe and the fel on it.

/ New Max series... #247  
fwiw I absolutely love my max28. I looked at a couple different small tractors, and read up a bunch online and talked to several dealers within ~150 miles before I jumped in (blindly, I might add... the dealer I bought from had just picked up the mahindra line and had a couple 3000 and up series tractors but none of the small ones). I have two regular mowers for grass duty, so the mmm was a non player for me, but I did want the larger backhoe and fel lifting capacity.

larger really is a subjective thing though in terms of size, the machine is not what I would call large.. it takes up dimensionally about as much space as the wife's prius, maybe a touch longer with the hoe and the fel on it.

What did you think of the foot pedal arrangement? Particularly the forward and reverse pedals? How is it in terms of stability on slopes? I don't have any major slopes, but I do mow a slight bank next to my creek. How bout the overall quality of the machine?

/ New Max series... #248  
What did you think of the foot pedal arrangement? Particularly the forward and reverse pedals? How is it in terms of stability on slopes? I don't have any major slopes, but I do mow a slight bank next to my creek. How bout the overall quality of the machine?

pedal placement is fine. I'm not an overly (vertical at least) large individual, I'm ~6-1 6-2 depending.

Steepest slope on my property is the drainage ditch out front, and so far it's simply been a right of passage for any piece of equipment I own to get stuck down there.. getting down in the muck wasn't really that dicey though, I'd say it depends on how you approach it.

Quality is great, I had a problem with the safety switch wiring on the seat, (a zip tie would have prevented it if I'd realized it was a problem before it became a problem) but that probably only affects people with the backhoe, as it was catching during the swivel maneuver. Dealer was awesome, I called and told them about it, they came out to my house and looked at it, and then came back a few days later and installed a whole new seat.

I may or may not have a problem with the diff lock (like a linkage problem), I don't do enough stuff that requires it to know for sure, but the one or two times I've stuck the thing and tried to use it, it hasn't *seemed* to work, but there have been other times where I've had it feel like it was engaged (my race car has a welded diff, and it drives 'differently' to say the least, you notice it in slow tight turns the most). The dealer told me whenever I wanted them to look at it to call them and let em know, that they'll come pick it up and take it in.. I just don't want to part with it :-D

I'm at the 50 hour mark now +- an hour, and my biggest problem is trying to keep myself from finding stuff I can do with it. I bought a phd for it a few weeks ago and that **** thing is like cheating.. it's ridiculous.. next couple of attachments I want for mine is a tiller, a box blade, and a ripper bar for the front bucket. I'm also looking for a decent cheap used brush cutter so I can more effectively clear my back 40.

/ New Max series... #249  
pedal placement is fine. I'm not an overly (vertical at least) large individual, I'm ~6-1 6-2 depending.

Steepest slope on my property is the drainage ditch out front, and so far it's simply been a right of passage for any piece of equipment I own to get stuck down there.. getting down in the muck wasn't really that dicey though, I'd say it depends on how you approach it.

Quality is great, I had a problem with the safety switch wiring on the seat, (a zip tie would have prevented it if I'd realized it was a problem before it became a problem) but that probably only affects people with the backhoe, as it was catching during the swivel maneuver. Dealer was awesome, I called and told them about it, they came out to my house and looked at it, and then came back a few days later and installed a whole new seat.

I may or may not have a problem with the diff lock (like a linkage problem), I don't do enough stuff that requires it to know for sure, but the one or two times I've stuck the thing and tried to use it, it hasn't *seemed* to work, but there have been other times where I've had it feel like it was engaged (my race car has a welded diff, and it drives 'differently' to say the least, you notice it in slow tight turns the most). The dealer told me whenever I wanted them to look at it to call them and let em know, that they'll come pick it up and take it in.. I just don't want to part with it :-D

I'm at the 50 hour mark now +- an hour, and my biggest problem is trying to keep myself from finding stuff I can do with it. I bought a phd for it a few weeks ago and that **** thing is like cheating.. it's ridiculous.. next couple of attachments I want for mine is a tiller, a box blade, and a ripper bar for the front bucket. I'm also looking for a decent cheap used brush cutter so I can more effectively clear my back 40.

Thanks for the reply, It really helps to talk to people that have actually owned these tractors for a bit to get a true feel for them. How much was your unit anyway? (If you don't mind me asking?) I can get the tractor MSRP online, but that's all the Mahindra website will give you in terms of pricing. I'm just curious about a ball park figure to kinda give me an idea. I'd get the loader for sure and either a MMM or Brush Hog, or a tiller depending on cost and weather or not I decide to keep the Husqvarna or not for mowing round the house.

/ New Max series... #250  
I got mine with the 0% financing, and an insurance policy which added ~12 or 1500 to the price (I don't have the exact numbers in front of me).. after everything I *believe* it was around 23,500 for the tractor with:
FEL,BH,HST. According to the dealer, the MMM option (I asked, cause why not if it's cheap enough, right?) was something in and around 2k. I don't recall what he said the price was on a mahindra branded tiller (Which isn't made by mahindra, neither is the hoe or the FEL) but I want to say the 5 footer was somewhere in the upper teens. I looked at one when I was out there asking about the 50 hour service and it appears to be a very nicely built gear-drive unit.

before tax I think if I'd done the 'cash price' on it I wanna say it was sub 20k or right at it.

edit:
the backhoe option jacked the price from sub 15k to where it ultimately landed. I think the msrp on the tractor with just an FEL was 15 something and the dealer quoted me mid to upper 14's.