New Max series...

/ New Max series... #21  
Dealers have just received pricing on the tractors and loaders, and they are starting to come into the distribution facilities. We are building some Max28XL now, but they are not available for sale until after the Mahindra USA National Dealer Meeting which ends February 3rd. Tractors should start shipping soon thereafter. The Max28XL is very similar to the 2516, but rated at 28HP. I don't think we have the Max22 or Max25 in the yard yet, but we should next week, and be shipping to dealers, hopefully starting February 6th.

/ New Max series... #22  
Dave,

What is the rationale behind the Max series? Are they going to phase out the 16 series? Is it is an economy tractor? Is it supposed to supplement or compete with the 16 series lineup?

/ New Max series...
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing pics when they are out.

/ New Max series... #24  
Dave,

What is the rationale behind the Max series? Are they going to phase out the 16 series? Is it is an economy tractor? Is it supposed to supplement or compete with the 16 series lineup?

Actually very good questions. The Max series is a premium line, built by Mitsubishi in Japan. Just like the 15 series, and then the 16 series. This is the next step, sort of a 17 series, but the nomenclature will be Max22, 25, etc., instead of 2217, 2517, 2817 like they could have done. They will much more closely resemble the 3016/3616, which are our most recent additions prior to the Max series.

They have upped the HP a little across the board from what would have been a similar tractor in the <25HP 16 series lineup. And they have worked at integrating the tractor-loader-backhoe-mower-snowblower, etc. package to be real user friendly as a package. Currently we have some bracket compatibility issues if a guy wants a mid-mower and a backhoe on some models. The Max series resolves this.

Interestingly, even the Max22 will not be a sub-compact. It will be a conventionally built tractor with standard Cat 1 spacing, etc. They will be compact, but think more like B-series Kubota and not BX. We are pretty excited about these units. It's a huge market for the smaller units, and anyone that can take a decent bite out of that market, now mostly dominated by Kubota, will sell some units.

/ New Max series...
Is it too soon to ask how a Max22 compares in price to a 2216 (tractor only, no attachments/options/etc)?

/ New Max series... #26  
Is it too soon to ask how a Max22 compares in price to a 2216 (tractor only, no attachments/options/etc)?

The Max22 will be HST only, and should be priced about $500 higher than a 2216G. (But dealers set pricing, so that may not be true in all cases) Not bad, new model, now a HST and probably a little cheaper than the old 2216HST. It will be a little lighter I think than the 2216, as we are trying to position that model to gain some mid-mower sales. At Mahindra, we always brag on our nice heavy tractors, but when mowing grass, we don't want to get too heavy. The Max22 and Max25 will weigh 1693# bare, without the loader. That is about 250-300 lbs more than the BX and the small JD's, yet not too heavy we think. Perfect? We hope so.

/ New Max series...
Thanks again for all of the info! I am really looking forward to their arrival.

/ New Max series... #28  
Soooooooo where is it?? Today is the big reveal but the website still doesnt have any info. :licking::drool: You're killin me here...:D

/ New Max series... #30  
Are we going to see something in the 36hp range as a MAX?

All the website info indicates that these will be SUB-compacts. Which has me confused because Daves comments above sound like these new MAX tractors are based on tractors that were not sub compacts to begin with, unless I am mistaken. 36hp would be a huge subcompact, but I guess so is a 28 HP subcompact in my opinion. Hopefully Dave can clear this up for us.