New Max series...

/ New Max series... #41  
Might replace my Scag Tigercat with the Max 25. Does anyone know how fast the tractor is? Looking to use it to primarily mow.

/ New Max series... #42  
A Deere 1023e is $10,400 in SE Michigan.

/ New Max series... #43  

However, you get what you pay for:
# 46% More lift capacity than Kubota BX 2360 (Max Lift)
# 44% More lift capacity than John Deere 1023E (Max Lift)
# 16% More pump flow than Kubota BX 2360 & John Deere 1023E (Max Hydraulic Capacity)
# 28% Lower engine RPM than Kubota 2360 & John Deere 1023E (Max Engine Life -- This means quieter operation and longer life.)
# 18% More built in weight than Kubota BX2360 and 14% more than John Deere 1023E (Max Weight - for better stability and safety.)
# 4% Shorter turning radius than Kubota BX2360 and 5% shorter than John Deere 1023E (Max is Best in Class)
# Less horsepower loss from engine to PTO, means more power to PTO to get more done
# Larger tires for better traction and stability
# Full frame tractor, cast iron center section - built like A REAL TRACTOR and can take a Backhoe at anytime.

/ New Max series... #44  
It's true that the new "max" tractors are in between the industry's current offerings of SCUTs and CUTs. It may be the sweet spot for some shoppers. The guy asked for a competitive price, and that's what I gave. I think that info copied in the previous post is kind of inflated:

http://www.mahindrausa.com/Tractors/model/99022

Turns out that the MAX FEL is 9.1% stronger than a JD after all.

/ New Max series... #45  
XSKIER said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I know its superior to sub cut's, but I was thinking less.

/ New Max series... #46  
It looks like 28 HP will be max. for the MAX. Mahindra Max

More like a Mini-MAX.

Not trying to state the obvious, but an email or call to a dealer will get you a price. Best to give them your location and if you will finance or pay cash, etc. The more info you give, the more accurate the price. The dealers have access to pricing now. None of the dealers will post a price in the forums, but of course customers can if they like.

What's the deal with not simply listing an MSRP so the customer has a point of comparison? Having to call dealer after dealer to simply get a price is a real PITA and having been through it once before, I refuse to do it again and have decided to look at older used tractors as a result.

Having to give a dealer tons of information to get a price puts the buyer at a huge disadvantage because every piece of information you give them opens up ways they can play with the numbers to make it look like you are getting a good deal.

/ New Max series... #47  
Might replace my Scag Tigercat with the Max 25. Does anyone know how fast the tractor is? Looking to use it to primarily mow.

Eagle107,
I think you would be disappointed if you got rid of your Scag Tigercat. I have a Hustler Fastrac and I would never replace it with a tractor mower. Only thing I would replace the Hustler with is a diesel:cool: ZTM. ZTMs can out maneuver any tractor mower. Thus they mow faster even if it has a smaller cutting deck.
hugs, Brandi

/ New Max series... #48  
Eagle107,
I think you would be disappointed if you got rid of your Scag Tigercat. I have a Hustler Fastrac and I would never replace it with a tractor mower. Only thing I would replace the Hustler with is a diesel:cool: ZTM. ZTMs can out maneuver any tractor mower. Thus they mow faster even if it has a smaller cutting deck.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi,

I understand that and I hate to give up the tigercat, but my mom needs to keep up the property while I live and work in NYC. She finds it hard to get on the Scag, lift the mowing deck with her leg and to use it the steering arms. So I am thinking this might be a better/easier option for her to use.

In addition, we all know the new Mahindra Max series tractors are really Mitsubishi tractors, which are great tractors. I am just trying to figure out if the J series LS tractors are the same as the specs are pretty close and since LS has an alliance with Mitsubishi, I am thinking that the LS J series is a similar Mitsubishi subcompact tractor.

/ New Max series... #49  
Brandi,

I understand that and I hate to give up the tigercat, but my mom needs to keep up the property while I live and work in NYC. She finds it hard to get on the Scag, lift the mowing deck with her leg and to use it the steering arms. So I am thinking this might be a better/easier option for her to use.

In addition, we all know the new Mahindra Max series tractors are really Mitsubishi tractors, which are great tractors. I am just trying to figure out if the J series LS tractors are the same as the specs are pretty close and since LS has an alliance with Mitsubishi, I am thinking that the LS J series is a similar Mitsubishi subcompact tractor.

I don't think the Mahindra is the same as the ls j series. The M has more hydraulics, weighs a few hundred lbs more, and loader lifts 300 lbs more. I think the ls is the same as the new holland 1010.

/ New Max series... #50  
What's the deal with not simply listing an MSRP so the customer has a point of comparison? Having to call dealer after dealer to simply get a price is a real PITA and having been through it once before, I refuse to do it again and have decided to look at older used tractors as a result.

Having to give a dealer tons of information to get a price puts the buyer at a huge disadvantage because every piece of information you give them opens up ways they can play with the numbers to make it look like you are getting a good deal.

Sounds like you have been given the run around by some dealers, but it need not be that way. MSRP means nothing in the tractor business. Nothing. Each dealer sets his own price. And if you want 0%, it cost the dealer a defined amount. If you want 4.25% it costs the dealer a lesser defined amount. If you pay cash, there is no finance fee packed into the price at all, and there is a rebate. The dealer isn't messing around with you, at least a good one isn't. You see, we have a base invoice price, and then monthly they have "programs" where there may be special financing options or special rebates. These all affect the bottom line price.

To me it is not an advantage/disadvantage sort of deal. It shouldn't be a game of skill or cleverness. Instead, "I want a Max22 with a loader, give me a price for cash, and also a price at 4.25% for 84. I live at zip code 96080 and I am farm tax. I have a trailer and will pick it up myself". Then the dealer emails you with a quote and it's dead on.

However I do understand your frustration. It is easy enough to feel like you asked a simple question, "what's the price?" and got the third degree in return! For that reason, last year we decided to price everything at the cash or standard rate price. Now we get the price question and we rattle off an answer, with a disclaimer that our price is cash or standard rate finance, includes any and all rebates and we need to add tax.

Some dealers price all of their inventory at 0% and add the disclaimer that there are various rebates if you pay cash or 4.25%, or whatever. It's a tough call, and your frustration is a good reminder to us dealers that we need to simplify our price schedules as much as possible. But keep in mind that if you like options, we have options, but it isn't as simple as we would like sometimes.

But I will still say, if you are a serious buyer, it doesn't take but a minute or two to contact a dealer and give him adequate info to give you an accurate price.

I think this idea of internet pricing, and how tractors are priced would make a great general topic to discuss. Customers have changed, shopping has changed, we want to be able to get to the price quickly. Interesting topic, but we probably should get back to "Max". And Max is a great tractor.