New Max series...

/ New Max series... #51  
In addition, we all know the new Mahindra Max series tractors are really Mitsubishi tractors, which are great tractors. I am just trying to figure out if the J series LS tractors are the same as the specs are pretty close and since LS has an alliance with Mitsubishi, I am thinking that the LS J series is a similar Mitsubishi subcompact tractor.

LS buys Mitsubishi engines for many of their tractors. But they are not Mitsubishi tractors. Like Kubota, Mitsubishi is a supplier of engines for many farm, industrial and commercial applications.

/ New Max series... #52  
Brandi,

I understand that and I hate to give up the tigercat, but my mom needs to keep up the property while I live and work in NYC. She finds it hard to get on the Scag, lift the mowing deck with her leg and to use it the steering arms. So I am thinking this might be a better/easier option for her to use.

In addition, we all know the new Mahindra Max series tractors are really Mitsubishi tractors, which are great tractors. I am just trying to figure out if the J series LS tractors are the same as the specs are pretty close and since LS has an alliance with Mitsubishi, I am thinking that the LS J series is a similar Mitsubishi subcompact tractor.

Sorry to hear that. Mowing with my ZTM is a ton more fun that trying to turn a belly mower equipped tractor around. I have to fight my son for mower time!
hugs, Brandi

/ New Max series... #53  
Sounds like you have been given the run around by some dealers.

You are correct. I won't get into the details but a few years ago I was ready to buy a new tractor and after extensive research, had settled on the Mahindra 3215 with a loader and backhoe. To make a long story short, the local dealer made us jump through hoops to simply get a price. Overall, the dealer left a very bad impression on both me and my wife.

Making matters worse was that calls to other dealers didn't go much better, so without a good point of comparison I was forced to turn to the internet for pricing information which was scarce at best.

As it turns out, we didn't qualify for financing and while I could have paid cash, I opted not to because I had other financial obligations at the time and couldn't risk spending so much of my savings. Since then, I have had time to evaluate the wisdom of spending so much money on a new tractor and as a result, have decided to purchase an older used tractor to restore.

Anyway, back to Max.

/ New Max series... #54  
Okay, quiet here for a while.
I have asked for quotes from 2 Mahindra dealers on the new Max 22 and 25 tractors via email, twice to 1 dealer and once to another, specifying my location, a backhoe w/ 12 in. bucket, front loader, shipping and tax. Also asked when they would be in stock. Went through the Mahindra website dealer locater. I got 2 automated responses from one dealer, no followup, nothing from the other. Started February 5th. and was pretty specific.
I am greatly disappointed in not having any idea what these will cost.
I am wanting to buy a tractor sometime before late spring. I started shopping last year and the greatest problem I have found is nothing in stock in subcompacts, be it John Deere, Massey Ferguson, New Holland, Kioti, Bobcat, and I guess right now, Mahindra. Only Kubota has BX series anything, and I just don't like that back and forth leg motion for their hydrostat drive. Also, dealers are not too specific about lead times for getting the tractor you order.
My "local" dealers are all at least 90 miles away from where I will be using the tractor. All the great tractorbynet forums strongly suggest "seat time". Pretty hard when there are no seats within 100 miles! maybe I should find a good dealer, have him order a tractor, then move near to him?
Massey and JD both have "build and price" which gives you some idea.
Just rattling and frustrated that even "ballpark" prices are a secret with some manufacturers.

/ New Max series... #55  
No excuse for a dealer not responding. Dealers get their price pages on the Max next week, but they get the info on the dealer portal now.

/ New Max series... #56  
I was thinking that email screws up sometimes and people are busy, so maybe my patience isn't what it should be. Tractor shopping just hasn't been the fun experience I had hoped for. This is a discretionary item for me and my life doesn't depend on it. Guess I just anticipated stores would have merchandise, at least things that had been out a while. I'm sure the economy has affected that, so just consider that I had my little rant and I'll go back to shopping. I do love the forums here for their information and general civility.

/ New Max series... #57  
I was thinking that email screws up sometimes and people are busy, so maybe my patience isn't what it should be. Tractor shopping just hasn't been the fun experience I had hoped for. This is a discretionary item for me and my life doesn't depend on it. Guess I just anticipated stores would have merchandise, at least things that had been out a while. I'm sure the economy has affected that, so just consider that I had my little rant and I'll go back to shopping. I do love the forums here for their information and general civility.

Unfortunately it seems to be very common.

When I went tractor shopping a few years ago, getting dealers to respond to email inquiries was next to impossible and they never seemed to have the tractors I wanted to see in stock. Come to think of it, I recall that a number of phone inquiries were also met with resistance because they wanted me to "visit the dealership" before they could/would quote a price, probably so they could "sell me".

/ New Max series... #58  
Yep, Only certain dealers that will give you accurate email quotes. Best to visit them. You really should test drive anyway. Have you contacted Wallace Tractor in PA? He told me he has shipped to AZ before. Interested in how the MAX prices pan out after the initial fuss settles.

/ New Max series... #59  
Kurt, I'd suggest that you clarify your post. Sounds like you are saying the MSRP of $13,520 includes the $3700 loader, when you probably mean otherwise.

Edit: opps, looks like Kurt's post was pulled so my response to his post looks a little strange!

Just so this isn't a mystery, MSRP on a Max 25 with loader is $13,520 for the tractor plus $3700 for the loader. But MSRP is not the real world, so don't let that number scare you.

Last edited:
   / New Max series... #60  
Why did the post from the dealer showing the MSRP prices for the Max series just vanish?