New Max series...

/ New Max series... #71  
I was curious to see what the Max tractors looked like so I called a couple of local dealers that were listed on the Mahindra website and to my surprise, one of them didn't even know about the new Max tractors. The other dealer wasn't expecting to have any in stock for several months.

/ New Max series... #72  
Just a follow up. I once again contacted 2 Mahindra dealers through the Mahindra site, inquiring on when they would have Max 22 or 25 in stock and asking for a quote. One dealer was the third try. Absolutely no response from either one. As much as I would like to "buy locally" (still 90 miles away), I do not think I can consider a dealer who does not respond to requests from his own brand's web site to be able to support a tractor. I can see no excuse for this. Even if you're not keen on using the internet, someone in your organization better be or you are simply not serious and I can only imagine what your support would be like.
Guess if I end up choosing Max, I'm choosing to buy out of state.

/ New Max series... #73  
I was curious to see what the Max tractors looked like so I called a couple of local dealers that were listed on the Mahindra website and to my surprise, one of them didn't even know about the new Max tractors. The other dealer wasn't expecting to have any in stock for several months.

If the Mahindra dealer does not know about the Max tractors, he needs to turn in his Mahindra sign and go fishing, because he surely isn't a dealer. :ashamed:

As for the other dealer, it is up to the dealers to stock what they want, but I'd be surprised if a dealer waited several months to get a Max. Dealers are lined up to get them. We are shipping Max 28XL's here in the west now, but won't be able to ship the Max 22 or 25 for about three weeks. Orders were way higher than even our most optimistic expectations, so everything is dragging a little behind.

/ New Max series... #74  
Just a follow up. I once again contacted 2 Mahindra dealers through the Mahindra site, inquiring on when they would have Max 22 or 25 in stock and asking for a quote. One dealer was the third try. Absolutely no response from either one. As much as I would like to "buy locally" (still 90 miles away), I do not think I can consider a dealer who does not respond to requests from his own brand's web site to be able to support a tractor. I can see no excuse for this. Even if you're not keen on using the internet, someone in your organization better be or you are simply not serious and I can only imagine what your support would be like.
Guess if I end up choosing Max, I'm choosing to buy out of state.

Steve,
I am wondering if something is going wrong with the website that is supposed to be sending your request on to your dealer(s)? You might try a direct email or call to them. Meanwhile, we need to get this tested.
Dave

/ New Max series... #75  
Echoing Dave's post, Max28's just arrived on our lot and we've been told to expect the 22/25's within 2-3 weeks.

The 28's look good--hopefully I'll get a chance in the next couple of days to take one into our dig pit and play.

One of the perks of working at a dealership--releasing the inner 6yr old and playing with the full-sized Tonka toys. Gotta run it to sell it, right? :D

/ New Max series... #76  
Just saw a TV ad for the Max series on Fox News. Similar to their older ad where a neighbor looks on jealously from his Green tractor except this time its an Orange tractor obviously meant to be a compact Kubota. At some point I will take a look at the new max assuming the local dealer (30 minutes away) gets a few but no plans to trade out anytime soon. But, more competition is good.

Last edited:
   / New Max series... #77  
Dave,
You're right again. I guess as a retired computer guy, I just figure big company's web sites are supported, monitored and should work. I do know that John Deere's "Build and Price'" was down for a while recently. I will try contacting these dealers again via their own web setups.
I really don't like to call anyone until I consider them in the running for a final decision, and have a product for me to actually see. Maybe that's backwards, but there is this huge internet research tool available to us, including this great TractorByNet site and manufacturer's sites. I just think Mahindra and all dealers need to be aware that customers are out here and may already know almost everything about a tractor except price and actual "feel". Better keep those sites updated and working!
Max just brings this out more because it's a new model, and after several weeks, I have only 1 quote.
Thanks.

/ New Max series... #79  
If the Mahindra dealer does not know about the Max tractors, he needs to turn in his Mahindra sign and go fishing, because he surely isn't a dealer. :ashamed:

As for the other dealer, it is up to the dealers to stock what they want, but I'd be surprised if a dealer waited several months to get a Max. Dealers are lined up to get them. We are shipping Max 28XL's here in the west now, but won't be able to ship the Max 22 or 25 for about three weeks. Orders were way higher than even our most optimistic expectations, so everything is dragging a little behind.

I only know what I was told over the phone but I agree about the dealer that didn't know about the Max tractors, he needs to pack it in and go fishing.

/ New Max series... #80  
I was cruising around the Mahindra site the other day and noticed we have a new Mahindra dealer actually closer to me than the dealer I have bought 3 from. I too submitted via email some questions and ask for a quote on an 8560 cab, but I never heard anything from them. Means one of 2 things...I'll either buy an 8560 cab from another dealer or I'll buy a Case IH since they did respond when I inquired about things via email from them.