New Max series...

/ New Max series... #1  

amstaff

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5530
If I am not mistaken, Mahindra is launching a new series of tractor. I believe this is a compact line that competes favorable against say a Kubota BX series sub-compact... Is my info correct?? And if it is, what is the ETA of such a machine? Any specs out there (for example, how would it compare to the 1816?). My garden tractor just broke for the last time! I am not sinking any more $$ into it! Maybe it's time to buy Mahindra #2 for mowing and yard work...

Any info on these would be great!

Thanks,

Amstaff

/ New Max series... #2  
If I am not mistaken, Mahindra is launching a new series of tractor. I believe this is a compact line that competes favorable against say a Kubota BX series sub-compact... Is my info correct?? And if it is, what is the ETA of such a machine? Any specs out there (for example, how would it compare to the 1816?). My garden tractor just broke for the last time! I am not sinking any more $$ into it! Maybe it's time to buy Mahindra #2 for mowing and yard work...

Thanks,

Amstaff
Amstaff, it looks as if they will be out in January, 2012.MAX 22 MAHINDRA - BILLS TRACTOR

/ New Max series... #3  

Thanks,

Amstaff

We should have them ready to ship to dealers near the end of January 2012. It will stack up nicely againt the BX. It will be a compact, not a sub-compact. Very similar to the 1816 in the back and the 2516 in the front, but with the smaller tires like an 1816, at least for the Max 22 and 25. So the footprint will be similar in size to the BX, but built heavier and using steel fenders, steel hood, etc.

/ New Max series...
Thanks for the info. Will the 1816 be staying around, or are its days numbered? Also, any idea on how it will compare with the 16 series regarding price?

/ New Max series... #5  
Thanks for the info. Will the 1816 be staying around, or are its days numbered? Also, any idea on how it will compare with the 16 series regarding price?

In theory the 1816 stays around for awhile, but I question that in my mind. 18 is plenty of HP for most tasks and the 1816 is a fantastic tractor, but people like to buy HP.

I think the big thing with the Max series is that it is going to offer great compatibility with front mount snow blowers, front mount broom, compatibility with a backhoe and a MMM at the same time, etc. Probably even a spin-around seat on the backhoe, instead of a 2-seat situation. But if you just need a tractor/loader with a rear mounted implement, look at the 1816/2516 now.

Pricing is of course not yet announced, but will be very competitive.

/ New Max series...
I am thinking the 1816 may be perfect for what I am looking for. I have a 5530 with a loader, so no loader is needed... just a MMM and turf tires. May even be good deals to be had if the 1816 is phased out. Thanks for the info!

/ New Max series... #7  
Just priced a 1816 with the MMM and FEL. $14,000 plus tax. Do not know if that is good or not. Just started looking at these little tractors.

/ New Max series... #8  
Probably even a spin-around seat on the backhoe, instead of a 2-seat situation.

Put this into a 70-80 hp Mahindra and I would trade mine in on one.:cool: The biggest tiring thing while digging my pond was continually changing seats. And you don't have to get your feet muddy shifting back and forth.:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

/ New Max series... #9  
It's going to be a heckuva a little tractor!:thumbsup:

/ New Max series... #10  
Put this into a 70-80 hp Mahindra and I would trade mine in on one.:cool: The biggest tiring thing while digging my pond was continually changing seats. And you don't have to get your feet muddy shifting back and forth.:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, just buy three of the Max 25's and you are good to go....