Comparison Mahindra 6000

/ Mahindra 6000 #21  
Oh there ya go giving secrets away again Brian. Mine stops working all the time. I just knock on the glass a couple of times to wake it up and bingo it works again.

Yeah I know, sometimes I just don't know when to keep my mouth shut. :ashamed:

/ Mahindra 6000 #22  
Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch
I am serious when I say this. Smack the face of the instrument cluster with your hand. My 7520's dash goes wacky every once in awhile and I just bang it with my hand and all is well again, for awhile anyway. Sometimes for a few hours, other times for months. I would try it before you go spending a bunch of $$$ on it.

Oh there ya go giving secrets away again Brian. Mine stops working all the time. I just knock on the glass a couple of times to wake it up and bingo it works again.
;) Mine too ... but it only fails to start working after the tractor has sat overnite. I find hitting the side of the dash beside the face, while idling, to be most effective. I actually think the needle is sticking at zero. It never stops working once it starts.
larry

/ Mahindra 6000 #23  
Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch
I am serious when I say this. Smack the face of the instrument cluster with your hand. My 7520's dash goes wacky every once in awhile and I just bang it with my hand and all is well again, for awhile anyway. Sometimes for a few hours, other times for months. I would try it before you go spending a bunch of $$$ on it.

;) Mine too ... but it only fails to start working after the tractor has sat overnite. I find hitting the side of the dash beside the face, while idling, to be most effective. I actually think the needle is sticking at zero. It never stops working once it starts.
larry

You know guys this is going to be in a tech manual someday..
If tach problem persists smack face dial swiftly. :p
If engine refuses to start, kick engine repeatidly.

/ Mahindra 6000 #24  
You know guys this is going to be in a tech manual someday..
If tach problem persists smack face dial swiftly. :p
If engine refuses to start, kick engine repeatidly.

What in the world are you talking about kicking? :confused2: Haven't you ever seen the brass 4 lb sledge hammer that has each and every engine size cast into it? It may be a dealer item only, but it mentions it in all my shop manuals. :rolleyes: I quote "to only be used as the last resort" and "this will solve most all problems one way or another" & "this tool to be used only by a trained technician" :rolleyes: :laughing:

/ Mahindra 6000 #25  
What in the world are you talking about kicking? :confused2: Haven't you ever seen the brass 4 lb sledge hammer that has each and every engine size cast into it? It may be a dealer item only, but it mentions it in all my shop manuals. :rolleyes: I quote "to only be used as the last resort" and "this will solve most all problems one way or another" & "this tool to be used only by a trained technician" :rolleyes: :laughing:

That's what I use to start the Massey rightnow. Started needs rebuilding, every once in a while ya gotta rap the starter to get it to turn over.

/ Mahindra 6000
Back to my original -- I have hit, (caressed) the face of the dash, taken out the 4 screws, unplugged and plugged in the connection. all to no avail. I found that driving with 4 way flashers on then turning on the headlights would make the rpm needle go from on peg to the other in tune with the blink of the 4 way flasher. Turning off the headlights causes it to go to the zero peg.
Tempted to skip the brass hammer and go for the 12 lb steel.
Still looking for imput.

/ Mahindra 6000 #27  
Back to my original -- I have hit, (caressed) the face of the dash, taken out the 4 screws, unplugged and plugged in the connection. all to no avail. I found that driving with 4 way flashers on then turning on the headlights would make the rpm needle go from on peg to the other in tune with the blink of the 4 way flasher. Turning off the headlights causes it to go to the zero peg.
Tempted to skip the brass hammer and go for the 12 lb steel.
Still looking for imput.

:shocked: NO, DON'T DO THAT. A: how much do you really need the instruments? None of the older machines had all these luxuries. My old Case and Cat dozers don't have this stuff, just oil pressure and an AMP gauge. Yes it is nice to have, but by no means needed. :( Sounds like some kind of a short or bad ground, and if it is in the dash unit itself, dig deep into your pockets for the $$$. :mad: I am guessing that a new gauge unit is going to be needed. :mur:

Good luck and please keep us informed. :thumbsup: