Comparison Mahindra 6000

/ Mahindra 6000 #1  

Sparrky

Tractor
52Ford 8n Mahindra 6000
Looking for information on what the last digits make in a model, spotted a 6000 for sale but most of the ones on the forum have something in place of the last 2 zeros. does not having something mean that it is a stripped down model? Looking for some info on this tractor, it has a loader with it also.

/ Mahindra 6000 #2  
The 00 on the end is just a series they made a few years ago. I don't think they still make them. My father in-law has a 5500. It is a pretty sturdy, simple, and reliable tractor. The first 2 numbers represent the HP rating.

/ Mahindra 6000
Thanks, that begs another question, if it is no longer made, what is reliability and how many unique parts that will be no longer available after a few years. Did they quit making it for a design flaw? or what. I am a snowplow dealer and they keep making changes and then don't support the older stuff as well as I would like. Meaning that if you had a older plow and bought a new truck the subframe may not be available. The plow and parts to fix the plow itself are well supported, just not the application.

/ Mahindra 6000 #4  
I believe they quit making them because the ones with more options were selling better. The 00 series is a gear shift no fanciness type of tractor. There is nothing wrong with them if that is what you want, but I don't think they were selling as well as some of the more updated ones. I don't know about parts avaliability. My father in-law has only bought filters, oil, and fuel for his. I do think that says something about the reliability.

/ Mahindra 6000
thanks for letting me pick your knowledge, I have a 52 ford 8n that has been in the family since it was two years old. I had the motor rebuilt last summer and it runs like a top. but could use something with a loader on it. and most of the under 40 hp don't have a very high lift loader to load a truck.
So I assume no shuttle shift, (no problem for my use) how about remotes (standard or not?)

/ Mahindra 6000 #6  
Yes they came with remotes. I don't remember if it was 1 or 2 though. I know that you could get 2, just don't remember if the 2 were std or not. :eek:

/ Mahindra 6000 #7  
The 00 series was replaced by the 30 series a couple of years ago. Main difference was the shift levers were moved to the side to free up foot space. I have a 2006 6000 with 800 hours and have never had a problem except for a bypass coolant hose. Strong and tough.

/ Mahindra 6000 #8  
Yes they came with remotes. I don't remember if it was 1 or 2 though. I know that you could get 2, just don't remember if the 2 were std or not. :eek:

My '02 6000 came with one standard...second one was optional....Bobg in VA

/ Mahindra 6000 #9  
Thanks, that begs another question, if it is no longer made, what is reliability and how many unique parts that will be no longer available after a few years. Did they quit making it for a design flaw? or what. I am a snowplow dealer and they keep making changes and then don't support the older stuff as well as I would like. Meaning that if you had a older plow and bought a new truck the subframe may not be available. The plow and parts to fix the plow itself are well supported, just not the application.

The same engine is still used in the soom of the Mahindra tractors///the 6000 has a 195 cu inch normally aspirated engine..search for that cubic inch engine on the newer models...it will be pretty much the same. Engine was designed by AVL in Austria...a really nice unit. The 6000 is overbuilt for pretty much anyone's business...change the oil/filters/grease it once in while and it should last without anything else for over 5000hrs...BobG in VA