Mahindra 3616

/ Mahindra 3616 #1  
Tractor
Kubota tbd
Ok at the 11th hour in making a decision on a 36 hp tractor with loader...
Why would I buy a mahindra over a kubota? Lets not talk price or financing but rather reliability and long term quality...
In this for the long haul, want a tractor for the next 20 years, happy with gear over HST, open station over cab... was right at the point of signing the dotted line for the bota but then with research I found mahindra and being a good but cheaper what am i not getting with the cheaper tractor?

Looking at the site here and the mahindra forum seemed to showcase nothing but issues with various models but then I noticed the problems were spread over quite a few years in very few pages of of posting sooo...

Tell me all about why the 3616 will be a good bet and anything and everything I might expect as a negative, thanks

compared to an equivalent hp kubota..

again looking at reliability over all else:)

/ Mahindra 3616 #2  
First of all the 3616 is manufactured by Mitsubishi of Japan, and Japan seems to have set the standard for compact tractor reliability. Unless Kubota has changed their warranty in the past year, the Mahindra has the better warranty.

/ Mahindra 3616 #3  
The Mahindra has a higher lift capacity on the 3pt and the loader than the L series. Are you looking at the Kubota L series or the Grand L series? Makes a difference, the Grand Ls are waaaaaay more tractor than the L series. I think that you will find that the Mahindra is nicer than the L, but not as nice as the Grand Ls. All depends on what you want and can afford. If $$$$$ is no problem, then the Grand L may be the way to go.

/ Mahindra 3616 #4  
I've been very happy with my Mahindra 3215 after 5 years of use. Only issue was the tach started acting funny within the first year, so my dealer replaced the whole instrument panel under warranty. I test drove JD and Kubota when I made my purchase.The Mahindra was considerably less money than a comparable JD and in a similar price range to the Bota. Some differences I preferred were: smoother sounding engine,turbo,could see the FEL bucket better, liked individual toe/heal forward/backward HST pedals, FEL controller in more comfortable location down on fender,tractor felt very stable on grades. The Mitsubishi quality seems to be so far on par with the better known quality of Kubota and Yanmar. Looking forward to the next 5 years! Would have no second thoughts about recommending. Good Luck.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 3616 #5  
I should have also stated that I have the early predecessor to the 3616, a 3215HST and have been quite happy with it. :thumbsup: The 3616 is the new upgraded version and I would say that if I were in need of this size tractor, the 3616 would definitely be one of the tractors that I would be considering. :drool: Good luck with your decision, I personally would stay away from the Kubota L series tractors, the Grand Ls are very nice machines though. ;)

/ Mahindra 3616 #6  
I think that the L series kubotas especially the smaller ones are over priced for what you are getting. It was only a short while ago that an L3400 listed for $17800 which I consider a much fairer starting point than the current $19K for what is a very simple tractor.. That being said, If you are young, I would not consider anything else but a kubota in that they are their own tractor company. JD,Ford and Mahindra have used different manufacturers over the years making parts more difficult to get as they divorce themselves from the various foreign tractor makers. If you are old, buy anything you like as more likely than not you'll be dead before the tractor becomes obsolete parts wise. ( That was one of the better pieces of advice my wife has given me)