Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST?

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #1  

eagle107

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota and John Deere Tractors
I was at a dealer's location the other day looking at the Mahindra 5010 HST Cab model and the 5035 HST. The dealer told me the 5010 was a Korean tractor while the 5035 was a tractor made in India. I then saw the 5010 loader was made by TYM and so was the air filter on the engine. I went home, looked on the TYM website and saw that the TYM T503 tractor is a very close match to the 5010. The cab, fuel tank placement, loader and etc. seem to be all the same. So is the 5010 really a TYM T503 tractor? Thanks for the help.

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #2  
Similar but not the same. Compare the specs.

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST?
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
Similar but not the same. Compare the specs.

Yeah, I did; they look too similar. The specs do not have to fully match to be a TYM tractor. Does Mahindra have manufacturing facilities in Korea? If not, then wondering if it really is a TYM tractor or another Korean brand tractor.

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #4  
The 5010 is manufactured by TYM, but the T503 and 5010 are not exact same tractors with different sheetmetal.

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST?
The 5010 is manufactured by TYM, but the T503 and 5010 are not exact same tractors with different sheetmetal.

Thanks for the reply. That is good to know and helps me figure which tractor I should look at.

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #6  
Why the Mahindra of course. Come see me I am right in Batavia. I am out of the 5010 Cab right now, but I have a customer who may let me show you his.

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #7  
TYM does make the 10 series for Mahindra. TYM uses a Perkins engine and Mahindra uses a Daedong engine. The rest of the drive train looks to be the same. TYM does have more standard equipment that is optional on the Mahindra. Items like a extra rear valve, rear window wiper, and telescoping 3pt hitch arms. I dont know if there is much of a price diference or not. On this choice which ever tractor you pick you get a nice one. :thumbsup:

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #8  
From what little I understand about the engines is that it is a 'Perkins design' built by Daedong.....sometimes called a 'Perkins' engine, and sometimes called a 'Daedong' engine...... [ I know, but I couldn't hold my tongue... :) Sorry... :) ]

/ Is a Mahindra 5010 HST Cab the same as a TYM T503 Cab HST? #9  
The Daedong engines are from the same parent company as Kioti. The engine in the Mahindra 5010 looks to be the same engine used in the Kioti DK50SE tractor. The T433 and T503 TYM's that I have looked at had the Perkins label on the engine. Perkins was purchased by Caterpillar a few years ago. Here is a link on Perkins history Perkins Power Corp.: Perkins Engines, Power Units, Generators, Parts, Service . The 404D-22 engine in the TYM T503 is the same engine also used in the Terex PT-50 compact track loader. I will double check on it but the last engine tag I saw on a TYM this size said made in England and that would be the parent company location.