Price Check Is this a fair deal on a 4530?

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #1  

Fred dee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased a 40 acre farm. I plan to plant Pecan and fruit trees on about 5 acres and grow a big garden. We also have about 12 acres of pasture to care for. I am new at this sort of thing, so any advice would be much appreciated!
I'm looking at Mahindra because I've heard they are a quality machine that pound for pound and dollar for dollar are hard to beat. I also have a local dealer that I've heard runs a good outfit.
I got a quote on a new 4530 4WD with a ML245 loader and a mahindra 595 backhoe of $34,600. That's $24,000 for the tractor and loader w/skidsteer bucket and $10600 for the backhoe with a 12 inch bucket
I'm wondering if this what they are going for or if anyone has gotten a better deal on this model. (the backhoe seem a little high $$)
Also, if anyone has any experience with this tractor, or has a suggestion on a comparable machine, I would love to hear it. Like I said I am a bit of a Greenhorn. Thanks

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #2  
Fred,
I looked at one, didn't like the muffler/exhaust sticking up over the hood. Also, the side links were fixed. I ended up getting a 2010 5035-muffler/exhaust out the side, extendable/adjustable side links (way easy to hook up implements!), more power, etc. Almost the same price with the "0/0/60" at-the-time financing on my 5035.

FYI, my dealer is Lott Enterprises in Claxton, GA. Excellent service from them!

Good luck!

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #3  
I priced a new 4530 with FEL around March 2011 and the cash price was around $21,000. I found a great deal on a used 2005 with 228 hours. I paid $14,000 for the tractor FEL and about $8,000 worth of eqiipment. I love this tractor. It's like a small dozer when you lock in the 4 wheel drive. I think this tractor will do everything that you ask of it and then some. It is a real work horse. Look at http://www.tractorhouse.com. They have a 2008 model with low hours for $14,900. Its located in Arkansas. It may be worth considering.

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #4  
Fred,
I looked at one, didn't like the muffler/exhaust sticking up over the hood. Also, the side links were fixed. I ended up getting a 2010 5035-muffler/exhaust out the side, extendable/adjustable side links (way easy to hook up implements!), more power, etc. Almost the same price with the "0/0/60" at-the-time financing on my 5035.

FYI, my dealer is Lott Enterprises in Claxton, GA. Excellent service from them!

Good luck!

No doubt! Levi and the gang are good people!

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #5  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased a 40 acre farm. I plan to plant Pecan and fruit trees on about 5 acres and grow a big garden. We also have about 12 acres of pasture to care for. I am new at this sort of thing, so any advice would be much appreciated!
I'm looking at Mahindra because I've heard they are a quality machine that pound for pound and dollar for dollar are hard to beat. I also have a local dealer that I've heard runs a good outfit.
I got a quote on a new 4530 4WD with a ML245 loader and a mahindra 595 backhoe of $34,600. That's $24,000 for the tractor and loader w/skidsteer bucket and $10600 for the backhoe with a 12 inch bucket
I'm wondering if this what they are going for or if anyone has gotten a better deal on this model. (the backhoe seem a little high $$)
Also, if anyone has any experience with this tractor, or has a suggestion on a comparable machine, I would love to hear it. Like I said I am a bit of a Greenhorn. Thanks

Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to follow your progress in planting the trees. I have a very similar idea in mind. Good luck!

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #6  
Hi,

I've got a quote on a 4525 w/koyker loader of $15,700.

Don't care for the looks of the loader. Doesn't look stout enough for what I plan to use it for (lite gauge bucket and small cylinders) It is the skid steer bucket.

Can anyone tell me if this is ballpark on the price and if the loader is worth bringing to the house?

-J.C.-

/ Is this a fair deal on a 4530? #7  
Hey Fred, you ever buy the 4530? If so, curious how you like it.

-Eldumpogrande