Price Check Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ?

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #1  

cederstrand

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035HST w/loader, J.D.855 w/loader, McCormick CT28H w/FEL
Have been comparing various makes and models of tractors. Now leaning towards either the 5530 or 6530. Local dealer price offered is $24.600 and $27.200 respectively?? Both come with loader only and of course delivery. Big price jump between the two. Seem to have narrower tires than other brands out there. Serious tread pattern, too.

I will post the following elsewhere for more opinions, but so you know, it will be used for the following:
1) preparing 8 acres following removal of over 200 stumps (hired trackhoe guy for that) for more pasture. Already own root rake, posthole digger, fork. Looking at adding a box blade.
2) moving round bales out to horse pasture(s).
3) Periodic flood control (loader work = rocks & dirt)
4) Smaller road building.
5) Would like to one day bale hay, but probably will not happen. If I did, it would medium rounds or square bales.

Cheers! Rob

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #2  
Have been comparing various makes and models of tractors. Now leaning towards either the 5530 or 6530. Local dealer price offered is $24.600 and $27.200 respectively?? Both come with loader only and of course delivery. Big price jump between the two. Seem to have narrower tires than other brands out there. Serious tread pattern, too.

I will post the following elsewhere for more opinions, but so you know, it will be used for the following:
1) preparing 8 acres following removal of over 200 stumps (hired trackhoe guy for that) for more pasture. Already own root rake, posthole digger, fork. Looking at adding a box blade.
2) moving round bales out to horse pasture(s).
3) Periodic flood control (loader work = rocks & dirt)
4) Smaller road building.
5) Would like to one day bale hay, but probably will not happen. If I did, it would medium rounds or square bales.

Cheers! Rob

Rob,
Buy the 6530 if you can for only $2600 more. I bought a 6520 for $2000 less than a 7520 and now kick myself for not buying more power and hydraulics in the 7520.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #3  
Second what Brandi said. Go with the 6530. A few years from now, that $2,600 will prove to have been a very worthwhile investment.

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ?
The 6530 rides a bit taller than the 5530. It would appear to be perhaps a bit less stable? Some of my land is rolling hillside. It is unlikely I would ever remove the loader, as I like having it ready for anything that needs fixing (like washed out pipes after flooding). Now, I could leave a boxblade or something on the back for added traction. Still, I wonder if it would be advantageous to fill the back tires? Really torn there as to the best approach because a primary long term use will be bush-hogging, so the added weight could make more of a mess out in the horse pastures. Some parts of those pastures seldom fully dry out, whereas other areas become bone dry. Really depends on what Mother Nature does in any given year. What would you folks do and why?

Oh, do these prices seem good to you folks? Still have NH & Kubota to check out, just incase. Thanks again for any further suggestions! -Rob

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #5  
The 6530 rides a bit taller than the 5530. It would appear to be perhaps a bit less stable? Some of my land is rolling hillside. It is unlikely I would ever remove the loader, as I like having it ready for anything that needs fixing (like washed out pipes after flooding). Now, I could leave a boxblade or something on the back for added traction. Still, I wonder if it would be advantageous to fill the back tires? Really torn there as to the best approach because a primary long term use will be bush-hogging, so the added weight could make more of a mess out in the horse pastures. Some parts of those pastures seldom fully dry out, whereas other areas become bone dry. Really depends on what Mother Nature does in any given year. What would you folks do and why?

Oh, do these prices seem good to you folks? Still have NH & Kubota to check out, just incase. Thanks again for any further suggestions! -Rob

I would suggest buying for what you eventually plan/wish to do rather than what you are doing now. I bought a 4530 three years later I found myself doing hay. I could squeak by with the 4530 but BIGGER is better. I bought a new to me 95 hp Massey 1100 last summer. Now I have the hp I need to run a disc mower and to run the square baler without worries.

As far as the 6530 being taller and stability issues. Both the front and rear tires can be moved out, essentially making the footprint wider. DO IT!!

Weight =HP to the ground.

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #6  
I have a 5500 pretty much the same as a 5530, and always find myself wanting more power.
If I had to do it again, I wouldnt even consider the 5500 it would have been a 6500(6530)
All that being said ... not much I dont like about the 5500.

Brian

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ?
How does the 30 series (I've been looking at) compare to the 20 series? Let's say the 6530 vs 6520? What is the real world difference between these two? Also, is there a big price difference?
The local dealer only has a 5530 & 6530 left on his lot, but I am not in that big a hurry. Still considering ALL options. Thanks for any further insight. Rob

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #8  
The 6520 is a discontinued model, its replacement would be the 7060 model. About 1000 lbs heavier, 4 more speeds, larger operating station which means more comfy, heavier loader, 2 speed PTO, just to mention a few differences.

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ?
Galen, does that mean an upgraded loader that would not require reinforcement prior to using? BTW, I do not see that new model 7060 you mention on the Mahindra website?
Rob

/ Mahindra 5530 & 6530 ? #10  
Here is the 7060. I would not get the 7060 myself, but would spend the extra $$$$ and get the 8560. Any of the 60 series tractors are waaaaaaaaaay more tractor than the 30 series machines. ;) If you could find a 20 series, they are-were very good machines also and much nicer than the 30 series tractors. The 20-60 series tractors are a lot more of a deluxe unit.

Just my opinion.