Mahindra 5035 loader ?

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #1  

cederstrand

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035HST w/loader, J.D.855 w/loader, McCormick CT28H w/FEL
Two questions: What is the difference between an SK and the ML 130 loader? On the line of Mahindra attachments, they list the ML 130. I did not see the SK listed anywhere.

Dealer quoted me a price on the Mahindra 5035HST with SK loader for $26,300. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks! Rob

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5035 loader ? #2  
Price sounds OK. Mine came with the ML130 Quick Attach loader standard [made by KMW in Kansas], don't really know what the SK is.... Get you a set of QA pallet forks, worth their weight in gold. Good luck, and have fun looking.... :) The HST is a real PLUS on a tractor of this size when manuvering in close quarters.

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #3  
The "SK" references Skid Steer compatible. The ML130 loader is only available in "SK" fashion.

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ?
So it may well be equiped with the ML130 loader after all. Thanks for the clarification. Just waiting on one last quote on a N.H. and if that one is to high, it looks like the 5035 will be the one.

Upgrading from a tired old J.D. 855, which has performed admirably. It has served above and beyond what it was built for. Excellent little tractor, or "glorified lawnmower", as my neighbors call it.:laughing: As for service, bad experiences 3 out of 4 times, which is the main reason I'm looking at other brands. Sorry! I still like their tractors though. Rob

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ?
Well, got the quote on the N.H., although not the one I inquired about. They stopped offering the smaller version. Anyway, the quote for the larger T4030 PS with loader is $33,750. It's a lot more tractor than the Mahindra I am looking at (different class, I know) and the price reflects it, too. Didn't hurt to ask. More than I wish to spend. Really looks like a 5035 Mahindra in my future. Just hope if I load it up on weight, it will have enough power!?!

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #6  
Well, got the quote on the N.H., although not the one I inquired about. They stopped offering the smaller version. Anyway, the quote for the larger T4030 PS with loader is $33,750. It's a lot more tractor than the Mahindra I am looking at (different class, I know) and the price reflects it, too. Didn't hurt to ask. More than I wish to spend. Really looks like a 5035 Mahindra in my future. Just hope if I load it up on weight, it will have enough power!?!

The only time that you may be short on power assuming you ballast it to 8000lbs would be in 12th gear up hill. So other than driving it up the road some where, I'm pretty sure that you will be fine. Or are you getting the HST? Then all bets are off, I am not familiar at all with larger HST tractors. :eek: Most likely would be fine though. ;)

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #7  
Rob,
I've got just over 100 hours on my 5035 shuttle. No worries on power. It's an awesome tractor.:D

What type of work to you plan to do with it?

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ?
Will get the HST, all the way. If it was not for that option, I would still be looking at larger tractors, which is where I began this search.

I will be preparing about 8 acres by moving around 200 stumps into a pile for burning, along with LOTS of downed limbs from a tornado hit, earlier this year. Hired a trackhoe guy for digging the stumps out, then realized (thanks to a TBN member here) that I can pile them myself with a root grapple. Why didn't I think of that?:eek: Some of the clearing to be done is on a hillside, while another area is rather boggy.

Other tasks will include regular moving of round bales out to horse pastures, periodic flood control, some smaller road building and plenty of posthole digging. Already have most of the implements for it.

Would be nice to one day bale hay, but realistically, that probably will not happen. If I ever did, it would medium rounds or square bales. Not a consideration at this point, because of equipment costs.

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ? #9  
Ahhh. Grapple-time! Lotsa fun. I've been doing much of the same on my place. Get your rear tires filled and a grill guard for sure.

/ Mahindra 5035 loader ?
How many of you have filled your front tires, too?