Buying Advice Help with Mahindra

/ Help with Mahindra #11  
Craig- is your 4530 a shutter shift? I agree the 5700 lb tractor and 1600lb loader together are a beast. Do u wish you had gone for one with a few more bells and whistles?

Yes it is a beast. For me bells and whistles aren't important. I've had mine for going on 4 years now. No issues. It will do everything I ask it to do. Not sure what you are planning for uses, it would help to know. As far as loading the tires mine aren't. If i need a little more weight, I hook my counterweight to the 3ph. If you do alot of road travel you will feel a little needy. I used mine for two years doing hay. Pulled an old IH mower conditioner, NH 315 baler with hay wagon on the back, never had issues. I have since bought a 95 hp Massey to take over mowing and baling, just didn't want to wear the Mahindra out before it's time. Last year I was in a bind and needed to get hay up before the rain. Borrowed a friends round baler. The Mahindra did just fine. I do believe that I found the limits that day though. The round baler was just border line of being too much. At the end of the day I wish I had opted for dual remotes. Lets say I spent more time switching hoses than baling.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_7047.JPG
    DSC_7047.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,488
   / Help with Mahindra #12  
My 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, power steering, gear tranny 8F/2R, triple rear hydraulic remotes) is a nice, basic, affordable machine. With the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift to 10.5 ft height, 3 chain hooks on the bucket, skid steer quick attach) the weight is about 6200 lb. Cost: ~$19K new.

Drill-6.JPG5525 SSQA.JPGIMG_0904 (Small).JPGRemotes 5525-1.JPG

Remotes 5525-2.JPG

Good luck.

/ Help with Mahindra #13  
Bvinson, what a strange coincidence. I am also in the Upstate and am considering the same unit. I assume you looked at the dealer in Lauren's? You know there is a used 4530 sitting there that you can try on for size. It is a little rough, but at least gives an idea of what it is all about. The other machine that is very high on my list is the TYM 503. Again, more bells and whistles and more power, but only 4000 lbs. I live close to the Mahindra dealer so that is a factor. The price between the TYM and the Mahindra are pretty close. About 20-21k. I can actually get. The TYM with hydro for 21k. I plan to purchase in the couple of weeks. Any thoughts on which of the two units would be better? Use would be 20 acre hobby farm and maintaining motor-x track for me and the kid to play on.

/ Help with Mahindra #14  
I thought I'd jump in here and share my experiences...
I have 3 Mahindra's starting with a 6000 mfwd the pre 30 series tractors. The 6000 is 6 years old now and I've had 0 problems with it other than a starter and the hydraulic sytem sticking in the up position at 3 point which was fixed under warranty. I used the 6000 for everything on my 170 acre poultry/beef cow farm. The 30 series are bare bones tractors but quite the work horse. I've had no problems getting any parts I've looked to order altough I'll admit it's only been filters and such.
My second Mahindra was the 7010 cab which is a TYM built tractor with the Mahindra 7520 engine. The 7010 and the 6000 are roughly the same physical size. When you park the 2 side by side there is no comparison in the way they were built. The Mahindra is heavier built. The TYM has more bells and whistles (most of which I don't use) but it's obviously built cheaper and lighter. The 7010 has been a good tractor, but we have had to split the tractor to replace the gears in the tranny for 4wd. We have also had to design and build a wheel strengthening plate for the front wheels after 4 broken front wheels. We actually sold some of these to the local Mahindra dealer. Wasn't just us breaking wheel centers. It's just painfully obvious how much heavier and stronger the Mahindra is built!
My point here is not to bash TYM. I would consider another TYM if I needed something bigger than 85hp. However given the choice between the 2 I'm going to choose the bigger heavier built tractor.
The 30 series is a well built, very strong tractor. It's going to be easier to work on because almost everything is mechanical. However it's a big honkin tractor with not so many bells and whistles. I haven't driven the newer Mahindra series but they appear to be a more refined well built heavy tractor.
I would not expect parts to be a problem for the Mahindra's. They have a large presence here in the US now and they manufacture a lot of tractors worlwide. There are several dealers selling parts online too.
Happy tractor shopping!

/ Help with Mahindra #15  
Very good information. Just before reading your post I had an email response from the TYM dealer to a question I had. He is very responsive and knowledgable. I have now made a visit and two calls to the Mahindra dealer just trying to figure out what the current cash back deal is. He also did not know what the PST option was, even after I told him. He has been in business for a long time so I guess he must know more than he has shown. I do think the Mahindra is probably a heavier duty unit. I keep pushing myself back and forth on the fence. I have a couple of weeks before I will pull the trigger. What about the Cat/Perkins engine in the TYM, it sure sounds smooth?

/ Help with Mahindra #16  
I'm not sure about the Perkins in the TYM. I do know that Perkins isn't what it used to be. Some Perkins designs are being manufactured by other companies. If it's true Perkins I would say it's a fine engine. You probably could get more info from the TYM folks.
One thing I would add is look closely at the dealer network...and it's size. I'm one of those who does not believe we have seen the worst of this economy and I honestly wonder if we won't lose some of the manufacturers currently offering tractors in the US.

/ Help with Mahindra #17  
Interesting that you bring up the dealer network. I had an email from the TYM dealer today offering a deal on a unit that the factory got back from a dealer that closed its doors. 503HST model without a cab for a deal. It might be a sign.

/ Help with Mahindra #18  
Bentbarz said:
Interesting that you bring up the dealer network. I had an email from the TYM dealer today offering a deal on a unit that the factory got back from a dealer that closed its doors. 503HST model without a cab for a deal. It might be a sign.

Hey upstate guys! I'm a Mahindra dealer in Ellenboro NC... Be glad to help anyway possible! 828 453 0090

/ Help with Mahindra #19  
Hey upstate guys! I'm a Mahindra dealer in Ellenboro NC... Be glad to help anyway possible! 828 453 0090

Erec. What can you do on a 5035 PST. Im about 2 hours away and really want a mihindra?