Price Check 595 Backhoe for 5035HST

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #1  

cederstrand

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035HST w/loader, J.D.855 w/loader, McCormick CT28H w/FEL
Still enjoying my new tractor, but getting tired waiting for the neighbor to come dig stumps with his trackhoe. By now I could have dug them all up myself. Have been considering adding a backhoe, but this price seems very high to me. For another 5 grand, I might find a decent used backhoe with a tractor still attached to it. Any thoughts? Thanks, Rob

Dealer said: [The Model 595 Mahindra Backhoe is $9970 Installed plus Freight $310 and 12" Bucket $589.
It is a big job to Properly Install this Unit. We can do the entire job including Pick-up and delivery to and from your farm, $10,500.]

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #2  
Still enjoying my new tractor, but getting tired waiting for the neighbor to come dig stumps with his trackhoe. By now I could have dug them all up myself. Have been considering adding a backhoe, but this price seems very high to me. For another 5 grand, I might find a decent used backhoe with a tractor still attached to it. Any thoughts? Thanks, Rob

Dealer said: [The Model 595 Mahindra Backhoe is $9970 Installed plus Freight $310 and 12" Bucket $589.
It is a big job to Properly Install this Unit. We can do the entire job including Pick-up and delivery to and from your farm, $10,500.]

That is a fair price, no excessive profits there. You may have saved $800.00 to $1000.00 if you would have ordered the tractor with the backhoe, but it is to late for that now.

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #3  

The big part of the job is installing the subframe on the tractor. All you need is a concrete floor and a couple of floorjacks. An impact wrench would make it easier also.

I would look at a used mini excavator for your needs. They can work circles around any backhoe, get into tighter spots and pivot 180 degrees around and dump the bucket. It would compliment your tractor if you already have a loader on it.
hugs, Brandi

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST
Might a mini track loader (Bobcat or like) with a stump grapple work or would that be only slightly better than what I already have?

I have been able to dig out the smallest stumps with my little beast w/ grapple, but no way could I get the medium or larger stumps.

Seems even used mini excavators are quite expensive.

Will need to watch the $$$ because I recently changed my mind about baling hay. Going to be doing square bales. Anything I don't sell will end up in my own horses & cows bellies. Should be a win win situation. More tractor time, that's for sure. :D Rob

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #5  
Might a mini track loader (Bobcat or like) with a stump grapple work or would that be only slightly better than what I already have?

I have been able to dig out the smallest stumps with my little beast w/ grapple, but no way could I get the medium or larger stumps.

Seems even used mini excavators are quite expensive.

Will need to watch the $$$ because I recently changed my mind about baling hay. Going to be doing square bales. Anything I don't sell will end up in my own horses & cows bellies. Should be a win win situation. More tractor time, that's for sure. :D Rob

I've been drooling over mini-ex's every since I used one about three years ago. It looks like you can decent one for $15K-$20k. yes this double what a back hoe will cost for you tractor but worth in the long run if you have lots of digging to do. I look at something in 3 ton to 5 ton range. You can get a TBL for a lot less, but never be able to meet the agility of the mini-ex. Construction Equipment For Sale at MachineryTrader.com: Dozers, Scrapers, Wheel Loaders, Excavators, Motor Graders, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Case, John Deere, Volvo

Wedge

So far, the only one within reason (for me) is a 2004 Bobcat 334 excavator for 18G's. It has 3100 hours. Any idea if that is reasonable or is it over priced? Thanks!

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #7  
So far, the only one within reason (for me) is a 2004 Bobcat 334 excavator for 18G's. It has 3100 hours. Any idea if that is reasonable or is it over priced? Thanks!

bout the goin price

and it a helova work horse
just check it over well at 3100 hrs
have the oils sent in and check the turrit housing bolts. the main thing i've seen w/ them at work is if they get rolled or have a breaker hammer on them the bolts can get stressed and break or loosen and break. (If its a dealer)See if they will tell you who the previous owner was then go talk to em. Might not get the answers you want out of their mouth but appearance of their operation and condition of other equip they own is usually more than enough.
Because many times a dupont overhaul hides a lot!

JMHO

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #8  

I rented a Bobcat 331 before and loved it. 3100 hours is not much. Google used 334s and see what other sites are selling them for.
hugs, Brandi

/ 595 Backhoe for 5035HST #9  

That the one in Indiana?

Wedge

Georgia!