3535 vs 3616 Which one?

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #1  

derekmman

Tractor
2012 Mahindra 3535, 197? Ford F1000
Hey guys new to here, but not tractors. i am in the market for a new tractor and really liked the Mahindras over the others. After a lot of debating I think I have it narrowed down to the 3535 and the 3616. The 36 was my first choice until i found out about the 35. i know the 36 is built by Mitsubishi and the 35 is Mahindra, what i don't know about 35 is who makes the engine and how the tractor is going to do in the long run. The 36 seems like everyone likes it, can't find too much on the 35, thus why I am typing this. I would like to have the 35 just because it has the bigger loader (2400lbs) so I will know I can lift my round bails, but the 36 has a 1650 lbs rated capacity and to me to borderlined, but dont know for sure. Plus the 35 is 2000 lbs heavier over the 36 in weight. 35 being 5400 lbs and the 36 being 3400 lbs. I like it being heavier bacuse I have a lot of hills in my area and want it to be sure footed, plus the added traction would be grreat for the getting loads scooped up in the FEL.

Pricing wise isn't an issue, not a big difference. 35 being 18900 and the 36 is 17400. Sized wise they are the same for the most part, 35 is 2000 lbs more so it's all around beefier.

So what i would like to know is what people think about the 3616 and 3535.

i would love to get the 3535 but if it is of lesser quality than the mitsubishi made 3616 I will have to go with it.

I always overthink things but it is for the good, when I buy something I keep it forever and don't want to always have to work on it and buy parts all the time.

Any input from owners will be appreicated greatly,
Derek

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #2  
Well I am a dealer not a 3616 or 3535 owner, but if I were you I would choose the 3535 for hanling the round bales. The 3535 has a Mahindra diesel in it, and my experience thus far the 35 series tractors been holding up as well as the 16 series.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one?
Well I am a dealer not a 3616 or 3535 owner, but if I were you I would choose the 3535 for hanling the round bales. The 3535 has a Mahindra diesel in it, and my experience thus far the 35 series tractors been holding up as well as the 16 series.

Does Mahindra make it in house or does someone make it for them. I dont care who makes it, I just care it is a good motor along with the rest of the tractor. I dont move round bales all that much, if the 3616 wasn't able to lift one effiently I would be a little heart broken but it wouldnt be a deal breaker. Would just use the 3 pt. 35 is what i am thinking what i want, but the little amount of reviews i have found on them have been on the negative side with people who have had some hours on their machines. But I also know that people with problems on there machines are more likely to post reviews than people who love them, plus the people who have have had the bad reviews aren't going to owe up to abusing the tractor. Who knows.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #4  
Do they even make the 3535 anymore? Are you looking at a NOS machine? The 4035 is one heck of a tractor and what I would be looking at. Either way, both are a lot more tractor than the 3616, not that there is anything wrong with the 3616, just a lot less capable tractor.

Do they even make the 3535 anymore? Are you looking at a NOS machine? The 4035 is one heck of a tractor and what I would be looking at. Either way, both are a lot more tractor than the 3616, not that there is anything wrong with the 3616, just a lot less capable tractor.

As far as know they are still making them. They started production on the 3535 in 09 from what i have seen. I have barely looked at the 4035, and I have never seen the 3535. Going this week to look at it, finally found I dealer who had one, a 40 hp ma be alittle too much. Between the 35 and 40, there is a price difference that dont know, and other than the extra 5 hp and 10 inches wider, there are no more differences. Only reason I thought about going up o the 3535 was because of the FEL. and the 35 and 40 have the same FEL. I will know more when get to see them all side by side.

Wanting to hear from owners of the 3616 and 3535, my big thing is durability and longevity.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #6  
As far as know they are still making them. They started production on the 3535 in 09 from what i have seen. I have barely looked at the 4035, and I have never seen the 3535. Going this week to look at it, finally found I dealer who had one, a 40 hp ma be alittle too much. Between the 35 and 40, there is a price difference that dont know, and other than the extra 5 hp and 10 inches wider, there are no more differences. Only reason I thought about going up o the 3535 was because of the FEL. and the 35 and 40 have the same FEL. I will know more when get to see them all side by side.

Wanting to hear from owners of the 3616 and 3535, my big thing is durability and longevity.

The 3535 and 4035 are the same machine except engine HP and tire size. The Mahindra engine is buildt in house and in 10 years as a dealer I have only 1 Mahindra engine that I have had apart. The tractor had a fuel injection pump problem but in diagnosis I tried to remove a glow plug , to check compression, and it broke off in the head so I had to remove the head to get out the twisted off glow plug. That is the only time I have had one torn down.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #7  
I'd look hard at the 4035.... it is hard to relate with having TOO MUCH tractor... :)

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #8  
I'm with Jerry K! 4035 is what you want! I wouldn't even consider the 3535...why not get the 5 more hp and a little bigger footprint at purchase and at the financing rates they are giving today? It might make $20 a month difference and you will have a ton more tractor.
I have the 3316 HST and it will move rolls with the fel, but imo that's abuse. You are stretching the loader mounting (back to the engine) to it's (no pun intended) max! If you want a compact tractor for general landcape type use the Mitsu built Mahindra's are top notch, but when you start moving rolls of hay and talking Ag use you need to move on up to a bigger tractor. Remember on the compact tractors the loaders tie back into the engine block. I have 500 hrs of which 90% is loader work and I've already broken one block. Granted they redesigned the setup, but I've never really gotten over my fear of that popping noise and seeing the oil on the ground!
Finance rates and cash back can vary by model so shop carefully!

I'm with Jerry K! 4035 is what you want! I wouldn't even consider the 3535...why not get the 5 more hp and a little bigger footprint at purchase and at the financing rates they are giving today? It might make $20 a month difference and you will have a ton more tractor.
I have the 3316 HST and it will move rolls with the fel, but imo that's abuse. You are stretching the loader mounting (back to the engine) to it's (no pun intended) max! If you want a compact tractor for general landcape type use the Mitsu built Mahindra's are top notch, but when you start moving rolls of hay and talking Ag use you need to move on up to a bigger tractor. Remember on the compact tractors the loaders tie back into the engine block. I have 500 hrs of which 90% is loader work and I've already broken one block. Granted they redesigned the setup, but I've never really gotten over my fear of that popping noise and seeing the oil on the ground!
Finance rates and cash back can vary by model so shop carefully!

No I really dont want the 4035. Its 6'2" wide, that's too wide for easily getting on my trailer 6'5" trailer. Plus the tractor I have right now is 5'5" wide and is sometimes hard to get through parts of my woods. Also, even though it might be only $1500 more, I was only wanting to spend what the 3616 costs. But made an exception for the 3535 because of the added weight and beefier FEL. I would love to have the 4035 but it is too wide for my needs right now, I would eventually knock a fender off on a tree. plus the only reason i started looking at the 3535 over the 3616 is the added weight and stronger fel. The extra 5hp i would get from it, i dont think will be needed all that much. My current tractor is a 28hp or 30 hp and does pretty good with my 5' bush hog, so the extra 5hp I would be getting with 3535 would be even better than what i am used to.

So I my case the 4035 is too much tractor for me, if it was narrower I would think about it.

Also the fel's on the 4035 and 3535 are the same, so all I waould be getting is 200 extra lbs, a slightly bigger monthly note, and a tractor I would have to be constantly sqeezing between trees in the woods. The plus would be an extra 5hp.

The 3535 and 4035 are the same machine except engine HP and tire size. The Mahindra engine is buildt in house and in 10 years as a dealer I have only 1 Mahindra engine that I have had apart. The tractor had a fuel injection pump problem but in diagnosis I tried to remove a glow plug , to check compression, and it broke off in the head so I had to remove the head to get out the twisted off glow plug. That is the only time I have had one torn down.

Is there anything that they are prone to messing up at?