2516 - Shuttle or HST???

/ 2516 - Shuttle or HST??? #1  

charliepff

Silver Member
Tractor
2516 Mahindra w/backhoe
Hi everyone. My wife and I are buying a 2516 with loader and backhoe. We are looking at a leftover with hst and a new machine with shuttle shift. We live on the side of a mountain and have a lot of loader work, snow removal (if we ever get snow again. LOL) and stumps to dig. What one do you think would work better?

/ 2516 - Shuttle or HST??? #2  
if the tractors are the same quality, get the hydrostat. you will have every speed you need for working and will save on clutch, brakes, and yourself by not having to clutch all the time for direction and gear/speed changes. especially on hills and doing a lot of loader work.

/ 2516 - Shuttle or HST??? #3  
if the tractors are the same quality, get the hydrostat. you will have every speed you need for working and will save on clutch, brakes, and yourself by not having to clutch all the time for direction and gear/speed changes. especially on hills and doing a lot of loader work.

X2! I was unsure i would like the hst! so the dealer let me bring it home to try and it has never gone back! :thumbsup:

/ 2516 - Shuttle or HST??? #4  
Take it from another WV hillside dweller get the HST you will not regret it and you will be safer. I rarely ever use the brakes even operating on the hills. One point to remember is to set your park brake when you shut off your engine on the hills the HST can creep on you.

/ 2516 - Shuttle or HST???
Thanks Guys, the hst is probably the way we will go. I would feel much safer with the wife running the hst then the gear also. We will probably finalize the deal tomorrow. I appreciate everyones help.

We will definately post pics. We are getting a leftover 2516, loader, backhoe, and 66" three point snowblower. A set of pallet forks, fluid filled tires, and mechanical thumb for the backhoe. All for 24,000. I am getting 9500 for my 2350 with 250 hours.

/ 2516 - Shuttle or HST??? #8  
Charlie,
Sounds like a nice package. Are those clamp on pallet forks or skid steer QA? I have a 2415 and Im thinking about buying/fabbing some quick attach forks. I have the clamp on style now and they work ok but not for everything. I would have to do a lot of welding and not sure if its worth it. Post some pics please if they are quick attach forks. Good choice on the tractor by the way. You wont be disappointed. :D

boxgen, they are the quick attach and I beleive you can add the stabilizer between the two of them. The wife and I are excited to get it. It is definately cheaper then the Kubota's I priced. Not to mention the fact that it has an all metal body. :thumbsup: I will post picks when we get it home. Not sure how long the backhoe will take to get in. I will call tomorrow and see.

Does the price seem to be a good one?