Buying Advice Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info.

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #1  

jdX595

Tractor
Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor
This is strange territory for me, but I was at the NY Farm show today and saw the Mahindra 5010 Cab Tractor. Wow. Very impressed. I am looking to put a root grapple on the front to maintain my 57 acres of woods. If anyone has this unit, would you be able to let me know what you think? This may be bigger than I need, but compared to the Green, Orange and other Red Tractors, it seems like a lot of bang for your buck. Comments? Thanks.

Mike

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #2  
This is strange territory for me, but I was at the NY Farm show today and saw the Mahindra 5010 Cab Tractor. Wow. Very impressed. I am looking to put a root grapple on the front to maintain my 57 acres of woods. If anyone has this unit, would you be able to let me know what you think? This may be bigger than I need, but compared to the Green, Orange and other Red Tractors, it seems like a lot of bang for your buck. Comments? Thanks.

Mike

I know you aren't looking for a dealers opinion, and all I can say is that it is a very nice tractor. I sold one last fall to a local landscape company that had the snow removal contract at the local VA Hospital, and needles to say it hasn't gotten much use this year. So far so good, but not much testing. The Customer is not new to operating tractors and did try it out in the fall and I know he had also tried out others. He chose to purchase a 5010 HST Cab from me.
By the way, how was the show? I plan on being there tomorrow.

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #3  
I know you aren't looking for a dealers opinion, and all I can say is that it is a very nice tractor.

Lawallstractor, I have to disagree with the statement concerning your opinion. I think members here think highly of a dealer's opinion assuming any comments made are honest. If a dealer, regardless of the brand of tractor they sell can add anything positive to a thread I for one value their comment or opinion.

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info.
I know you aren't looking for a dealers opinion, and all I can say is that it is a very nice tractor. I sold one last fall to a local landscape company that had the snow removal contract at the local VA Hospital, and needles to say it hasn't gotten much use this year. So far so good, but not much testing. The Customer is not new to operating tractors and did try it out in the fall and I know he had also tried out others. He chose to purchase a 5010 HST Cab from me.
By the way, how was the show? I plan on being there tomorrow.

The show was great. I think is was bigger than last year. Great attendance and I have some good ideas on what I want to purchase. Right now I am looking between Kioti DK45SE HST Cab and the Mahindra 5010 HST Cab. My opinion is the Cab on the Mahindra is a little better build than Kioti's, but both tractors have their positives and negatives. I do appreciate anyones opinion of the tractor, just as SRS said. Thanks.

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #5  
Well if you want a Kioti cab tractor...I'll sell you mine:)! I'm really thinking of replacing it with the 6010 cab:drool:. If I can talk my wife into it:eek:

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #6  

Mike

You did not say if your looking at Gear or HST? I have the 5010HST Cab unit so my imput will be from that unit. So far she has done everything I asked of her. I use it manily for road work and clearing my land. Just some little things that take a little getting use to. Levers could be in a little different place for enter/exit and rear remote. Sitting here now I really cannot think of to much that would keep me from buying another one if I was in the market. Not much help for you but if you have and question give me a shout.:thumbsup:

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info.
You did not say if your looking at Gear or HST? I have the 5010HST Cab unit so my imput will be from that unit. So far she has done everything I asked of her. I use it manily for road work and clearing my land. Just some little things that take a little getting use to. Levers could be in a little different place for enter/exit and rear remote. Sitting here now I really cannot think of to much that would keep me from buying another one if I was in the market. Not much help for you but if you have and question give me a shout.:thumbsup:

Thanks DutchHenryBrown. That is the exact unit I am looking at with HST. I too, am looking to clear brush out of 57 wooded acres. I would like to use the root rock grapple for the brush and due to the black flies the cab would be awesome. Thanks again for you input.
Mike C

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #8  
I've had my 5010HST Cab since March of this year. Pushing 200 hours and have not ever been disappointed in the tractor's performance. Maintaining 40 acres, half woods, half pasture.

You do have to be careful doing loader work. Loader is more than powerful enough to pick up the back tires (guess how I know...)

I am also considering a grapple. The extra hydralics needed is holding me back right now, will default to forks for now to continue clearing out downed trees, etc. Property was not well maintained when we bought it, playing catch-up right now. Anyway, I love my 5010HST Cab.

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #9  
I've had my 5010HST Cab since March of this year. Pushing 200 hours and have not ever been disappointed in the tractor's performance. Maintaining 40 acres, half woods, half pasture.

You do have to be careful doing loader work. Loader is more than powerful enough to pick up the back tires (guess how I know...)

I am also considering a grapple. The extra hydralics needed is holding me back right now, will default to forks for now to continue clearing out downed trees, etc. Property was not well maintained when we bought it, playing catch-up right now. Anyway, I love my 5010HST Cab.

Wow! Congrats! You are getting a lot of seat time with that thing!

/ Mahindara 5010 HST Cab Tractor info. #10  
I have a 5010 hst that is for sale I received it after mahindra took back the first one I bought that was nothing but problems this one seems fine but I lost all faith in mahindra and will buy a kubota next time