Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #93  
2*I did not post it in one setting at the computer .
It took several over a few days. :)

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thats dedication:thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #94  
I was thinking B series my bad.
I see. Now, just a minor point of information; some Mahindras are made in India. All of the current sub and mid compacts are 100% Mitsubishi built. This includes all of the Max series, and the compact, 16 series.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #95  
Sorry to day but "made in usa" doesn't mean anything to me anymore. If I really felt everything was 100% US and all jobs were for americans id truly make every effort to support it but that is not the case anymore. JD ain't made in the usa anymore, just assembled here. All great tractors none the less and would take green orange or red if given, but I can't afford the cost of the paint out of pocket.

I agree.
I used to work for a shortline supplier and on my trips to china I saw many "made in the US" companies building the parts for their "made in the US" product. Check the gearboxes on most US build rotary cutters and you will find they are made in China (and on a rotary cutter that is 60% of the machine) and I know this for a fact as I know exactly who buys from which factory. One day I even saw a hydraulic hose coming out of a machine getting stamped "Made in Italy" as that was requested by the Italian importer. So sorry to say but buying a product solely based on the fact that you think it was made in the US is not very sensible. Having something built in North America for me is only the tie breaker when comparing products as I know there is a good chance the percentage of "Made in North America" on most product "Made in North America" is not huge anyway.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #96  
I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about the Max video on the TBN homepage?
Looks like Mahindra skipped out on the rigid hydraulic lines that I usually see pinned to FEL arms (not sure but this seems a cost cutting measure to me). I can only see brief views of the bucket junction- is it skimpy? Pin on is pin on- no?
Correct on the non rigid hydraulic lines. On the Max25 the bucket brackets do not have a bushing on one side. Just my observations because I look at this interface all the time.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #97  
I was thinking B series my bad.

You wre probably 'bad' with several things you said.

First appears to be your 'orange glasses'

Second........the MAX is a subcompact........although the tires are 2 inches taller(read the specs you'll see that).

Third, why you included my post in your 'hit piece' (which is what your post is), is beyond me.

You seem to have a major aversion to Mahindra for some reason.

I'm not against any new design, but I look at them then decide.....as I did with Kubota, Deere, and Cub before I purchased the Massey.

I saw flaws in the Mahindra Max that turn me off personally, but you seem to be on some sort of mission.

I ain't never in my life seen anyone post so many negatives about a product, that they've never touched, unless they are on a mission to destroy.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #98  
Second........the MAX is a subcompact........although the tires are 2 inches taller(read the specs you'll see that).

Mahindra can call it whatever the h3ll they want. It is a B-sized, 2x20 deere sized machine. Forget the SCUT vs CUT debate. Who cares what they call it. They can call it a full on utility for all I care. But the fact is....IT IS B-SIZED, NOT BX or Deere-10-series.

Heck, compare the kubota B to the kubota BX. The B will blow it away:thumbsup:

Point is, if you want to "single out" the deere 10 series and BX in your shotty advertizing campaign for you "new" design, at least design a tractor in the same "class".

None of us would be having these arguments at all if the MAX website compairs to similar machines...IE 20 series and B-series. But they are intentionally trying to mis-lead customers. And make them think that this is the mahindra equivellent to the 10 and BX, but it most certainly is not.

I saw flaws in the Mahindra Max that turn me off personally, but you seem to be on some sort of mission.

I ain't never in my life seen anyone post so many negatives about a product, that they've never touched, unless they are on a mission to destroy.

No mission and nothing against the MAX. I am quite sure it is a great tractor. The issue is the way they are marketing/comparing it. Mahindra acts like they came up with something totally new here:confused2: Building a B or 20-sized machine and "calling" it a SCUT and comparing it to MUCH smaller tractors. Kinda puts a bad taste in peoples mouths that know he truth.:mad:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #99  
The MAX 22 and 25 aren't quite B, or 2000 size. The MAX 28 XL is B, or 2000 size. The little MAX comes up quite short when compared to either of those. The little MAX is in between SCUT and CUT, so they basically have no peers to be compared with. Nice move on mahindra's part, a niche tractor that has more street appeal than the 1815 and 1816 that it replaced. Maybe mahindra max owners don't post on forums, but it seems like the green and orange are the only SCUTS flying off dealer floors. I'm not biased, I have it out for all brands of small tractor. :O

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #100  
For some a little more tractor for less $ is very attractive, especially for smaller property owners. I have 7 acres with a small garden and a little heavier, larger tractor fit for me. No question the JD 2520 is very nice. But For the price of it I could buy a Max 28 and a very nice lawn tractor. The 1026 would have been my choice if I wanted a smaller tractor but I didn't look at the smaller max. I went with a left over 2516.