Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #101  
The MAX 22 and 25 aren't quite B, or 2000 size. The MAX 28 XL is B, or 2000 size. The little MAX comes up quite short when compared to either of those. The little MAX is in between SCUT and CUT, so they basically have no peers to be compared with. Nice move on mahindra's part, a niche tractor that has more street appeal than the 1815 and 1816 that it replaced. Maybe mahindra max owners don't post on forums, but it seems like the green and orange are the only SCUTS flying off dealer floors. I'm not biased, I have it out for all brands of small tractor. :O

I'll give you that on the 22 and 25. Its a nitch tractor. Someone may want something a little bigger than a BX, and then it does look enticing.

I wonder if kubota were to put the "max" on "their" competitive comparison and compair it to the B series. Then kubota can "claim" stronger hydraulics, more "built in weight", better lift, yada yada yada.

The Max28 is B & 20-series sized machine. Yet they choose to compare it to a MUCH smaller tractor. THAT is the gripe I have. It's one thing if there isnt a direct comparison, and you fit 1/2 way in between two competitors models, and you choose the smaller one. I dont have a problem with that. But when you build one the EXACT same size with nearly IDENTICAL specs, and then act like you re-invented the wheel. In fact, I really dont know of any other tractors from any manufacture that compare as closely as the max 28, B, and 2x20

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #102  
I still don't see where the Max 28 is on their comparison page being compared to Deere 1 and Kubota BX series machines. I only see the Max 22 and 25, which the 22 looks like a SCUT and the 25 is a tweener IMO.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #103  
I still don't see where the Max 28 is on their comparison page being compared to Deere 1 and Kubota BX series machines. I only see the Max 22 and 25, which the 22 looks like a SCUT and the 25 is a tweener IMO.

There was my only point. The Max 22 is a SCUT, but with larger tires.

The Max 25 (IMO) is the 'niche' tractor.

The Max 28 I didn't even look at.

Personally, I wouldn't want a 51 inch wide tractor, with what appears to be a 48 inch wide bucket.
Total turn-off for me.

EDIT: LD1, I do agree that the Max 25 should not be comared with the BX, John Deere, Massey, Cub/Yanmar. But the bar has been raised, so the others may need to compete, We'll see where it goes from here.

Last edited:
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #104  

Yep, you are correct. I got mixed up. The one I am refering to being compared is the Max 25. I posted side-x-side specs on post #42 of this thread. The max 25 and B2x20 are about as close as you can get to identical other than brand. Makes no sense to compare to the BX.

There was my only point. The Max 22 is a SCUT, but with larger tires.

The Max 25 (IMO) is the 'niche' tractor.

The Max 28 I didn't even look at.

I didnt really look at the specs of the 22 or 28. But the 25 is far from a niche tractor. It is almost identical spec wise AND size wise to the B-series and 2x20 series.

EDIT: LD1, I do agree that the Max 25 should not be comared with the BX, John Deere, Massey, Cub/Yanmar. But the bar has been raised, so the others may need to compete, We'll see where it goes from here.

The first part of this statement makes sense. They should NOT be compared with the Bx or 10-series.

But the bar has been raised??? for what? Kubota and deere already make tractors almost identical in everyway???

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #105  
Yep, you are correct. I got mixed up. The one I am refering to being compared is the Max 25. I posted side-x-side specs on post #42 of this thread. The max 25 and B2x20 are about as close as you can get to identical other than brand. Makes no sense to compare to the BX.

I didnt really look at the specs of the 22 or 28. But the 25 is far from a niche tractor. It is almost identical spec wise AND size wise to the B-series and 2x20 series.

The first part of this statement makes sense. They should NOT be compared with the Bx or 10-series.

But the bar has been raised??? for what? Kubota and deere already make tractors almost identical in everyway???
Tire size is the difference, I think that's what you are missing.

The Max has taller tires than the typical SUBCUT(2 inches/1 inch extra ground clearance), but smaller tires than the CUT.

I think(but I'm not sure....I don't have access to their minds), that they are offering CUT capability, in a SUBCUT( tire size/ground clearance/lower profile) size tractor.

Fair to compare..........Like I said...........I view the Max 22 as a SUBCUT. I didn't really know how to categorize the other 2, but if you look at tire size/lower profile.........all three are basically SUBCUTS.......with a lot more potential than Kubota, Deere, Cub/Yanmar, New Holland...........or my Massey.

If the Max would have been out 2 years ago, when I was shopping for SUBCUTS...........one of those Mahindras could very easily have been my avatar. But with that said.......Mahindra really screwed up their design with the pedal arrangement.

Last edited:
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #106  
Just to be clear....In the following I am talking about the MAX25 ONLY

Tire size is the difference, I think that's what you are missing.

The Max has taller tires than the typical SUBCUT(2 inches/1 inch extra ground clearance), but smaller tires than the CUT.

Not true. Yes they are larger than a SCUT, but if everyone is calling the B.....The B2620 for example....a CUT, then by God so is the Max25. Actually the Max has bigger rears (9.5x16 vs 8.3x16) than the B. And the fronts are identical.

Fair to compare..........Like I said...........I view the Max 22 as a SUBCUT. I didn't really know how to categorize the other 2, but if you look at tire size/lower profile.........all three are basically SUBCUTS.......with a lot more potential than Kubota, Deere, Cub/Yanmar, New Holland...........or my Massey.
I havent even looked at the specs of the 22 or 28, because I am still trying to wrap my head around this Max 25 and how it is different than the B, because on paper, it is NOT. Look at the specs. Length, width, weight, tire size, hydraulics, etc. I dont think there are two closer machines size and spec wize across any brand.

If the Max would have been out 2 years ago, when I was shopping for SUBCUTS...........one of those Mahindras could very easily have been my avatar. But with that said.......Mahindra really screwed up their design with the pedal arrangement.

Why did you not look at the B kubota?? What mahindra is doing would be like ford comparing a F150 to a chevy S-10 instead of the 1500:confused2:

Like I said, call it what you will. SCUT, CUT, niche tractor, I really dont care. But whatever the Max 25 is, the B-series is as well.:thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #107  
Hi everyone. I'm new here and have been looking for info on Mahindra tractors. I have been to Kubota and Mahindra. Both dealers are close and both seem to be pretty well established so I feel when comparing dealers they are both the same. I'm looking at a Max 25 and a B2620. They are both similar tractors according to specifications but lets face it Kubota has the reputation. I have been leaning towards the Mahindra but only because of price. Cash price OTD for a Kubota B2620 with FEL and 50" land pride tiller is $2724.00 more then a Max 25 HST with FEL and 50" land pride tiller. There are lots of reviews from states buyers but nothing from here in Canada. How are the Mahindra's in cold weather? It will be stored in a heated shop but how will it perform when it's 30 below celsius? My house is being built right now so I'm looking for a long term tractor. As long as it performs I will have no reason to sell until I'm ready to upgrade.

Thanks

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #108  
Just to be clear....In the following I am talking about the MAX25 ONLY

Not true. Yes they are larger than a SCUT, but if everyone is calling the B.....The B2620 for example....a CUT, then by God so is the Max25. Actually the Max has bigger rears (9.5x16 vs 8.3x16) than the B. And the fronts are identical.

I havent even looked at the specs of the 22 or 28, because I am still trying to wrap my head around this Max 25 and how it is different than the B, because on paper, it is NOT. Look at the specs. Length, width, weight, tire size, hydraulics, etc. I dont think there are two closer machines size and spec wize across any brand.

Why did you not look at the B kubota?? What mahindra is doing would be like ford comparing a F150 to a chevy S-10 instead of the 1500:confused2:

Like I said, call it what you will. SCUT, CUT, niche tractor, I really dont care. But whatever the Max 25 is, the B-series is as well.:thumbsup:
The Max 25 has 15 inch rear tires for turf and industrial, you posted the ag tire size. The 9.5 and 8.3 is the tire width.

But I do agree that the Max 25 specs closer to the B series Kubota.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #109  
Edit: and you never did give a price for the Max25 with FEL and MMM??? And how they would compare to potential prices I listed in post #50? The only reference you even made to price was that "you could PROBABALLY beat the price of a B"

I just got quoted for a max 25 with 60 in belly mower and FEL with 0% finance for 60 months for17,475 out the door after taxes
Info consolidation.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #110  
Regardless of ANYTHING here im glad there's more competition. You could debate max, kscut, subcompact, compact, apples and oranges. I think it makes some people regretful or intimidated at the thought they may be paying 2,3,4,5 thousand more dollars for paint realizing that "the little" guys are matching or exceeding quality
Now if there were only enuf competition to spawn usable individual brakes and 2 speed ptos on HSTs. 2 good steps toward the perfect tractor.
larry