Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 400
  1. #121
    Gold Member rockshaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    260
    Location
    Sterling, AK
    Tractor
    1026R

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    I suppose if there is a pin with no bushing, sort of obviates the need for any zerk anyway.

  2. #122
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,034
    Location
    VA
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    I suppose if there is a pin with no bushing, sort of obviates the need for any zerk anyway.
    How so?
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

  3. #123
    Gold Member rockshaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    260
    Location
    Sterling, AK
    Tractor
    1026R

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    How so?
    I'm specifically referring to the application where a pin is supported only by a thin (3/16" for example) piece of material. Sure grease will help here too, but with a bushing, you have a much more effective surface area to hold grease. w/o a bushing, grease won't have much chance of staying put.

  4. #124
    Veteran Member magicheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,668
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    I'm specifically referring to the application where a pin is supported only by a thin (3/16" for example) piece of material. Sure grease will help here too, but with a bushing, you have a much more effective surface area to hold grease. w/o a bushing, grease won't have much chance of staying put.
    Pins are fixed and do not need grease between it and the housing bushing. The pivot area does and this is the cylinder rod end and the loader arm bushing. The pin bushing gives a larger surface area to absorb the forces incurred when using the bucket/loader. Not having a bushing there invites premature wear. Mahindra may have seen it unnecessary because they have a 3 point pin mount and concentrate that force on one side of the loader bracket. Probably a cost cutting measure, how I am not sure, seems to be a more costly pin to make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf1222-jpg  
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

  5. #125
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,419
    Location
    Red Bluff, CA
    Tractor
    Changes often!

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    I suppose if there is a pin with no bushing, sort of obviates the need for any zerk anyway.
    You get one point for using a cool word, "obviates". But the pin does not rotate in the bucket, so it only needs to be able to stay in place, hence no need for replaceable bushings or grease between the pin and the bucket. The cylinder rod end rotates around the fixed pin and that is where we need grease.

    On the ML205 for the Max 28, the pin is drilled, then cross drilled, so there is a zerk in the end of the pin making it super easy to grease. On the ML202, the rod ends are drilled, which is more traditional. I prefer the ML205 sort of pin as it allows really quick greasing without raising or lowering the bucket trying to get a straight shot at a zerk as you have to do on most loaders.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

  6. #126
    Gold Member rockshaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    260
    Location
    Sterling, AK
    Tractor
    1026R

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    OK, I see what you're saying- the pin I was looking at don't rotate in the plate. Thanks for clarifying this for me!


    Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    You get one point for using a cool word, "obviates". But the pin does not rotate in the bucket, so it only needs to be able to stay in place, hence no need for replaceable bushings or grease between the pin and the bucket. The cylinder rod end rotates around the fixed pin and that is where we need grease.

    On the ML205 for the Max 28, the pin is drilled, then cross drilled, so there is a zerk in the end of the pin making it super easy to grease. On the ML202, the rod ends are drilled, which is more traditional. I prefer the ML205 sort of pin as it allows really quick greasing without raising or lowering the bucket trying to get a straight shot at a zerk as you have to do on most loaders.

  7. #127
    Super Star Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11,794
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by roy13 View Post
    I have been leaning towards the Mahindra but only because of price. Cash price OTD for a Kubota B2620 with FEL and 50" land pride tiller is $2724.00 Thanks
    The way everyone talks, I figured there would be more of a price spread than that

    Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    The Max 25 has 15 inch rear tires for turf and industrial, you posted the ag tire size. The 9.5 and 8.3 is the tire width.

    But I do agree that the Max 25 specs closer to the B series Kubota.
    The MAX25 AG tires ARE on 16" rims....just like the B.

    Kubota doesnt list rim size for R4's or turfs. (anyone out there know). But even so, the max only drops to a 15" rim on the R4 and turfs. Certainly not like the 12" rears like the BX.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  8. #128
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,419
    Location
    Red Bluff, CA
    Tractor
    Changes often!

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    The way everyone talks, I figured there would be more of a price spread than that
    Seems like $2724 is a pretty big spread when the quality of the items are very arguably similar. In a "blind taste test" I think many people might chose the Mahindra over the Kubota, so you really can't expect it to be much less. Mitsubishi and Kubota both have to deal with a fairly expensive labor force and a very poor dollar to yen exchange.

    You can argue a more mature and plentiful dealer base for Kubota and that has value. You can argue a history of good resale and market pentration by Kubota, and that has value as well. But if you go to just the tractors, and assuming you have a decent Mahindra dealer in your area, prices should be very similar. And our dealer base is growing nicely and many of our newer dealers are experienced dealers that sell a major brand as well as Mahindra. So we are growing up in that way as well.

    But as I scold you a little for looking through orange colored glasses, I'll concede I am biased as well!
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

  9. #129
    Super Star Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11,794
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    Seems like $2724 is a pretty big spread when the quality of the items are very arguably similar. In a "blind taste test" I think many people might chose the Mahindra over the Kubota, so you really can't expect it to be much less. Mitsubishi and Kubota both have to deal with a fairly expensive labor force and a very poor dollar to yen exchange.

    You can argue a more mature and plentiful dealer base for Kubota and that has value. You can argue a history of good resale and market pentration by Kubota, and that has value as well. But if you go to just the tractors, and assuming you have a decent Mahindra dealer in your area, prices should be very similar. And our dealer base is growing nicely and many of our newer dealers are experienced dealers that sell a major brand as well as Mahindra. So we are growing up in that way as well.

    But as I scold you a little for looking through orange colored glasses, I'll concede I am biased as well!
    Yes, you are paying for the name mostly. And kubota has earned that. Mahindra and kioti will be there shortly as well if they keep making good tractors.

    And no need to scold. I am probabally one of the most unbiased person on TBN when it comes to tractors. I say it time and time again, IF you dont shop ALL the brands, you are only hurting yourself. Dont limit yourself to looking at just one or two brands. LOOK at them ALL. Then narrow it down to a few is okay.

    And as I have said numerous times in this very thread...I have NOTHING against mahindra tractors or the mahindra Max. My gripe is the advertising. IE...Their "comparison". But thats life and life aint fair. They can compare however they want. But in all honesty, I think they would gain more customers if they compared fairly. Instead of their shady tactics. I think THAT will steer more people away than it brings in once they do there homework.

    Like I said, kubota could choose to compare their L-series to the max if they wanted. Sure the kubota would look superior. But do you think most buyers are going to be that stupid.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  10. #130
    Platinum Member kootch88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573
    Location
    Gray, Me
    Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

    Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

    Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    Seems like $2724 is a pretty big spread when the quality of the items are very arguably similar. In a "blind taste test" I think many people might chose the Mahindra over the Kubota, so you really can't expect it to be much less. Mitsubishi and Kubota both have to deal with a fairly expensive labor force and a very poor dollar to yen exchange.

    You can argue a more mature and plentiful dealer base for Kubota and that has value. You can argue a history of good resale and market pentration by Kubota, and that has value as well. But if you go to just the tractors, and assuming you have a decent Mahindra dealer in your area, prices should be very similar. And our dealer base is growing nicely and many of our newer dealers are experienced dealers that sell a major brand as well as Mahindra. So we are growing up in that way as well.

    But as I scold you a little for looking through orange colored glasses, I'll concede I am biased as well!
    I thought Mahindras were built in India Dave??

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BX25 vs B2626 with backhoe
    By Scooby074 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 06:36 AM
  2. Buying Advice BX25 vs B3030
    By DAT in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM
  3. BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120
    By GetALoadOfThat in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 09:07 AM
  4. BX 25 Vs B3000 on hills
    By billhall in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.