Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #121  
I suppose if there is a pin with no bushing, sort of obviates the need for any zerk anyway.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #122  
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #123  

I'm specifically referring to the application where a pin is supported only by a thin (3/16" for example) piece of material. Sure grease will help here too, but with a bushing, you have a much more effective surface area to hold grease. w/o a bushing, grease won't have much chance of staying put.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #124  
I'm specifically referring to the application where a pin is supported only by a thin (3/16" for example) piece of material. Sure grease will help here too, but with a bushing, you have a much more effective surface area to hold grease. w/o a bushing, grease won't have much chance of staying put.
Pins are fixed and do not need grease between it and the housing bushing. The pivot area does and this is the cylinder rod end and the loader arm bushing. The pin bushing gives a larger surface area to absorb the forces incurred when using the bucket/loader. Not having a bushing there invites premature wear. Mahindra may have seen it unnecessary because they have a 3 point pin mount and concentrate that force on one side of the loader bracket. Probably a cost cutting measure, how I am not sure, seems to be a more costly pin to make.

Attachments

• DSCF1222.JPG
    DSCF1222.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 313
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #125  
I suppose if there is a pin with no bushing, sort of obviates the need for any zerk anyway.

You get one point for using a cool word, "obviates". But the pin does not rotate in the bucket, so it only needs to be able to stay in place, hence no need for replaceable bushings or grease between the pin and the bucket. The cylinder rod end rotates around the fixed pin and that is where we need grease.

On the ML205 for the Max 28, the pin is drilled, then cross drilled, so there is a zerk in the end of the pin making it super easy to grease. On the ML202, the rod ends are drilled, which is more traditional. I prefer the ML205 sort of pin as it allows really quick greasing without raising or lowering the bucket trying to get a straight shot at a zerk as you have to do on most loaders.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #126  
OK, I see what you're saying- the pin I was looking at don't rotate in the plate. Thanks for clarifying this for me!

You get one point for using a cool word, "obviates". But the pin does not rotate in the bucket, so it only needs to be able to stay in place, hence no need for replaceable bushings or grease between the pin and the bucket. The cylinder rod end rotates around the fixed pin and that is where we need grease.

On the ML205 for the Max 28, the pin is drilled, then cross drilled, so there is a zerk in the end of the pin making it super easy to grease. On the ML202, the rod ends are drilled, which is more traditional. I prefer the ML205 sort of pin as it allows really quick greasing without raising or lowering the bucket trying to get a straight shot at a zerk as you have to do on most loaders.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #127  
I have been leaning towards the Mahindra but only because of price. Cash price OTD for a Kubota B2620 with FEL and 50" land pride tiller is $2724.00 Thanks

The way everyone talks, I figured there would be more of a price spread than that

The Max 25 has 15 inch rear tires for turf and industrial, you posted the ag tire size. The 9.5 and 8.3 is the tire width.

But I do agree that the Max 25 specs closer to the B series Kubota.

The MAX25 AG tires ARE on 16" rims....just like the B.

Kubota doesnt list rim size for R4's or turfs. (anyone out there know). But even so, the max only drops to a 15" rim on the R4 and turfs. Certainly not like the 12" rears like the BX.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #128  
The way everyone talks, I figured there would be more of a price spread than that

Seems like $2724 is a pretty big spread when the quality of the items are very arguably similar. In a "blind taste test" I think many people might chose the Mahindra over the Kubota, so you really can't expect it to be much less. Mitsubishi and Kubota both have to deal with a fairly expensive labor force and a very poor dollar to yen exchange.

You can argue a more mature and plentiful dealer base for Kubota and that has value. You can argue a history of good resale and market pentration by Kubota, and that has value as well. But if you go to just the tractors, and assuming you have a decent Mahindra dealer in your area, prices should be very similar. And our dealer base is growing nicely and many of our newer dealers are experienced dealers that sell a major brand as well as Mahindra. So we are growing up in that way as well.

But as I scold you a little for looking through orange colored glasses, I'll concede I am biased as well! :confused2:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #129  
Seems like $2724 is a pretty big spread when the quality of the items are very arguably similar. In a "blind taste test" I think many people might chose the Mahindra over the Kubota, so you really can't expect it to be much less. Mitsubishi and Kubota both have to deal with a fairly expensive labor force and a very poor dollar to yen exchange.

You can argue a more mature and plentiful dealer base for Kubota and that has value. You can argue a history of good resale and market pentration by Kubota, and that has value as well. But if you go to just the tractors, and assuming you have a decent Mahindra dealer in your area, prices should be very similar. And our dealer base is growing nicely and many of our newer dealers are experienced dealers that sell a major brand as well as Mahindra. So we are growing up in that way as well.

But as I scold you a little for looking through orange colored glasses, I'll concede I am biased as well! :confused2:

Yes, you are paying for the name mostly. And kubota has earned that. Mahindra and kioti will be there shortly as well if they keep making good tractors.

And no need to scold. I am probabally one of the most unbiased person on TBN when it comes to tractors. I say it time and time again, IF you dont shop ALL the brands, you are only hurting yourself. Dont limit yourself to looking at just one or two brands. LOOK at them ALL. Then narrow it down to a few is okay.

And as I have said numerous times in this very thread...I have NOTHING against mahindra tractors or the mahindra Max. My gripe is the advertising. IE...Their "comparison". But thats life and life aint fair. They can compare however they want. But in all honesty, I think they would gain more customers if they compared fairly. Instead of their shady tactics. I think THAT will steer more people away than it brings in once they do there homework.

Like I said, kubota could choose to compare their L-series to the max if they wanted. Sure the kubota would look superior. But do you think most buyers are going to be that stupid.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #130  

I thought Mahindras were built in India Dave??