Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #131  
I thought Mahindras were built in India Dave??

All 15/16 series and Max models are built in Japan. I've been to the plant as a guest of Mitsubishi and Mahindra with a group of dealers a couple years ago. Fun trip.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #132  
You get one point for using a cool word, "obviates". But the pin does not rotate in the bucket, so it only needs to be able to stay in place, hence no need for replaceable bushings or grease between the pin and the bucket. The cylinder rod end rotates around the fixed pin and that is where we need grease.

On the ML205 for the Max 28, the pin is drilled, then cross drilled, so there is a zerk in the end of the pin making it super easy to grease. On the ML202, the rod ends are drilled, which is more traditional. I prefer the ML205 sort of pin as it allows really quick greasing without raising or lowering the bucket trying to get a straight shot at a zerk as you have to do on most loaders.
Yeah, well they did the pins that way on my 7520 and they will break at the cross drilling weakness. Not a good choice for cyl rod end pins. The force is too intense at the midpoint on the pin.
larry

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #133  
Yeah, well they did the pins that way on my 7520 and they will break at the cross drilling weakness. Not a good choice for cyl rod end pins. The force is too intense at the midpoint on the pin.
larry

Never seen that happen, but a drilled pin would be weaker if not sized correctly. I have seen large backhoe pins drilled like this also. Did you break more than one? We've not seen any break.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #134  
The way everyone talks, I figured there would be more of a price spread than that

The MAX25 AG tires ARE on 16" rims....just like the B.

Kubota doesnt list rim size for R4's or turfs. (anyone out there know). But even so, the max only drops to a 15" rim on the R4 and turfs. Certainly not like the 12" rears like the BX.
Actually, they do.......and I quoted them. 16 inch for all..........the Mahindra has the 2 different sizes: 16 for ags/15 for industrial and turfs.

And I further would like to concede that LD1 is correct:

Mahindra is falsley advertising their product, and as such.........I will be one of the foremost proponents of 'truth in advertising'

So before you dealers get your bowels in an uproar............advertise your product correctly..........understood? ( and if you have a problem with me telling the truth......take it up with YOUR manufacturer)

The Max series is a CUT tractor......NOT a subcut as advertised!!!!

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #135  
Don where might one find the definition of a SCUT?

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #136  
Mahindra is falsley advertising their product, and as such.........I will be one of the foremost proponents of 'truth in advertising'

So before you dealers get your bowels in an uproar............advertise your product correctly..........understood? ( and if you have a problem with me telling the truth......take it up with YOUR manufacturer)

!

Well said and thank you:thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #137  
Don where might one find the definition of a SCUT?
One place might be in the specifications from other manufacturers.

Compare the specs of the Max 22, and the Max 25 to the Kubota B2630( as LD1 suggested).

Then just for kicks, compare Mahindra's 1816 and 2216 to all the above tractors. That will really be an eye opener.

Mahindra doesn't make a subcompact tractor.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #139  
Never seen that happen, but a drilled pin would be weaker if not sized correctly. I have seen large backhoe pins drilled like this also. Did you break more than one? We've not seen any break.
Could be its slightly different on the 7520/ ML275 SK combo. The narrow eye on the rod end bears directly on the center of the 1-1/8" pin. The pin is cross drilled in the center and lightly grooved circumferentially:eek: to let grease spread. - A perfect stress riser. - I use it pretty hard. It broke at about 900hrs. I replaced both sides with solid pins and set up greasing thru the rod eye.
larry

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #140  
Could be its slightly different on the 7520/ ML275 SK combo. The narrow eye on the rod end bears directly on the center of the 1-1/8" pin. The pin is cross drilled in the center and lightly grooved circumferentially:eek: to let grease spread. - A perfect stress riser. - I use it pretty hard. It broke at about 900hrs. I replaced both sides with solid pins and set up greasing thru the rod eye.
larry

The narrow eye on the rod end is the key I bet, the load needed to be spread out wide I'd think, toward where the pin was supported on it's ends.