Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #141  
The narrow eye on the rod end is the key I bet, the load needed to be spread out wide I'd think, toward where the pin was supported on it's ends.
It drives a clevis link that fits fairly close against the eye. That keeps it close coupled, but inadequate for long life at hi reversing stresses ... esp with the stress riser notch/grease groove at the point of greatest bend moment. A bad design choice for the position.
larry

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #143  
what is the 1816 considered to be?

There are no clear guidelines. In size, manueverability, etc., it is closest to a SCUT. By the fact that it is a traditional tractor, not of lawn tractor design heritage, you might call it a CUT. It depends on how you personally define SCUT and CUT. I'd say it is a scut that is a cut above. :laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #144  
I've been subscribed to this thread since its start, after hearing all the arguing, I'm now willing to discuss Kubota vs JD. It will be an improvement.

C'mon guys, for all I care JD can call their 9560 a SCUT, it doesn't matter what they call it, but how it's made and how it fits you! NAMING MEANS NOTHING!!!

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #145  
Yes this scut, cut thing is getting old..:eek:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #146  

I agree. I only beat on the dead horse a little as it rankles a little being called a liar and a cheat when you base your life on integrity.

We should put it to rest and get on with better things.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #147  

I agree. I only beat on the dead horse a little as it rankles a little being called a liar and a cheat when you base your life on integrity.

We should put it to rest and get on with better things.

Glad some of us agree.

FWIW, Dave, I could not have done what you just did. I commend you for it:thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #148  
There are no clear guidelines. In size, manueverability, etc., it is closest to a SCUT. By the fact that it is a traditional tractor, not of lawn tractor design heritage, you might call it a CUT. It depends on how you personally define SCUT and CUT. I'd say it is a scut that is a cut above. :laughing:
It specs as a CUT...........if you call it anything else you are misleading the public.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #149  
Having recently bought a yard tractor I'll weigh in a little more.
If comfort and ease of attachment use are top priorities: Deere 1000 series
If having a little more tractor size is top priority: MAX 22
If lowest price is top priority: Kabota BX
If lowest price,and smallest hood are top priorities: Massey GC

I would have bought a max if it was available when I was ready to buy, if the dealer was open earlier than 9 or later than 4:30 or open on Saturday, if there was more than one dealer within 100 miles of me, if the FEL control was integrated into the starboard gunwale, if the brake pedals were on the left, if the PTO was independent, if the fenders weren't so high above the tires, if the seat was a little nicer, if the FEL bucket had a quick detach, if it had a full length ladder frame, if there were more available attachments for the front, if I could find the "value" that has been shoved down my throat, if it had some quick attach implement features, if the grill guard had a little bit of wrap around, and if there were just a little more to it.

Otherwise I would own one.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #150  
OK....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.....L.ife is much to short to get wrapped around the ankles by this....opinions are like as%%%s...everyone has one....respect them and move on....I won't buy anything based on advertising...but by research and hands on touching...if i don't like it, i don't buy it....it can be advertised as the best ever made..does that mean I'll buy it?...not if it doesn't meet my requirements.....sorry for the vent...now you may return to your previous broadcasting...:thumbsup:

Last edited: