Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota bx25

Well, i own a bx25 and last time i checked it had a cat 1 hitch.( laughing) . Im really not sure of the specs on the max, but the bx is one solid machine overall. And ten years down the road i bet its worth more on the resale end. Just my.02

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

The BX25 does have the full cat 1 hitch, but the biggest disappointment of it for me at least is that it only has the quarter inching instead of the position control. I know the BXs don't have this but I'm not sure about the Max's. The position control does make a huge difference with the 3ph.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Default Re: kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

The Max has a position control. And as far as resale 10 years down the road is yet to be seen. I can tell you that Mahindra resale value has improve in the past few years and I would bet that will improve more in the future.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by LAWALLSTRACTOR View Post
    The Max has a position control. And as far as resale 10 years down the road is yet to be seen. I can tell you that Mahindra resale value has improve in the past few years and I would bet that will improve more in the future.
    I would too.

If the Max series would have been out 2 years ago, I would probably have it instead of my Massey.

The specs look real good on the Max.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Mahindra makes more tractors in it's class than any other manufacturer. They aren't going anywhere and are going to be only making a larger dent in the market increasing value. Heck, didn't Mahindra just win some tractor award in Japan over Kubota?

If I ever get around to not buying a Deere, it will be a Mahindra or a Kioti.

Tractor
    none (yet)

Thanks for the replies,
    I just got off the phone with my "local" mahindra dealer (97miles away).
    He said .....
    "due to the economy we will not get be getting the Max on site, we could order one BUT the Kobota would probably be your best bet."
    Well I did appreciate his honesty. I asked him for a quote, called me back and told me that it would be $23,170 without catcher.
    The Kobota dealer is only 25 miles away so I am leaning towards them.
    I asked the mahindra dealer if he had any used small tractors. He has a 30hp john Deere with fel and backhoe for 15,700 this tractor only has 40 hours on it.......... good deal? Seems a little high.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Quadrivium View Post
    Thanks for the replies,
    I just got off the phone with my "local" mahindra dealer (97miles away).
    He said .....
    "due to the economy we will not get be getting the Max on site, we could order one BUT the Kobota would probably be your best bet."
    Well I did appreciate his honesty. I asked him for a quote, called me back and told me that it would be $23,170 without catcher.
    The Kobota dealer is only 25 miles away so I am leaning towards them.
    I asked the mahindra dealer if he had any used small tractors. He has a 30hp john Deere with fel and backhoe for 15,700 this tractor only has 40 hours on it.......... good deal? Seems a little high.
    This is a good point that hadn't come up, yet. A dealer 97 miles away would be a pain, especially if you had an issue. I believe, also, that Mahindra is a great tractor. But their dealer network can't touch Kubota's. And I have no doubt that, regardless of spec differences, the Kubota would perform just as well. Most people don't max their tractors out. Slight differences in performance probably don't make a big difference to the average user. It's just a feel-good thing. Value and dealer support are the top of the list, to me.
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Yep, I would agree the Bota is your best bet. But a the expensive Deere brand at 30hp and a backhoe is a lot more tractor than the other models your looking at. 30hp puts you into the CUT category, either a 2720 or 3120 and maybe even a 3320. At 15.7k with a bh is a very good price IMHO. The trouble (maybe benefit) may be the larger size. If you were looking at SCUTs for the size, I'd go with the Bota, but of you were looking at SCUTs for the price, the Deere looks really good. 30 hours is like brand new as well - when I purchased my 3120 it was a demo model and came with all the benefits of new except it had 30 hours.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2516 Mahindra w/backhoe

Ask around if they are adding a dealer in your area in the future. I am dealing with a dealer an hour away but they are adding two in the next 1 -2 years. They are growing the same way Kubota did years ago.
    Mahindra 2516 with backhoe + thumb, pallet forks and loader lots of projects.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    MF GC-2610

If you're looking at a BX-25 or a SCUT, you're doing yourself a dis-service by not also comparing the Massey GC series.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast