Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #231  
Any chance you can get some side x side pics of....say......a max, a B2620, and a BX???

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #232  
Any chance you can get some side x side pics of....say......a max, a B2620, and a BX???

LD1,
I don't have a B2620 available, since I'm not a Kubota dealer. I have a BX here we are doing a service on. Perhaps we can snap a picture or two of it.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #233  
Can't imagine anyone would object to some pictures of the Max! Lift it!

GC on left, Max on right. Obviously neither are designed to be rock crawlers or timber harvesters, but a plastic fan and totally unshrouded driveline has no place under a tractor that is used off of lawns.

Attachments

• CIMG6324.jpg
    CIMG6324.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 973
  • DSC_2220.JPG
    DSC_2220.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 1,032
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #234  
LD1,
I don't have a B2620 available, since I'm not a Kubota dealer. I have a BX here we are doing a service on. Perhaps we can snap a picture or two of it.

That would be nice to see:thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #235  
GC on left, Max on right. Obviously neither are designed to be rock crawlers or timber harvesters, but a plastic fan and totally unshrouded driveline has no place under a tractor that is used off of lawns.

Not sure if the GC is as bad, but I really dont like where the hydraulic filter is on that MAX.:mad:

But I am sure us "armchair" engineers can find faults with about any make. Not singling out the max to try to make it look bad, just observing. I didn't like the unprotected location of the hydraulic filter on my L either. That is why I made a skid plate for it

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #236  

I'll probably get flamed for inserting this in the thread, but so be it.
The JD 1-series lacks a tranny/hydraulic fan if I'm not mistaken. And the hydro filter is tucked out of the way.
Ground clearance is pretty low on the MAX, but I guess this could be considered a benefit for lawn-mowing.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #237  
I did not like the plastic fan on my BX. I felt it to be a genuine sore spot. I do like that Deere got rid of it on their new 1000 series. That's a must for me, should there be a diminutive tractor in my future. Glad to see the Max doesn't have it. I do question, however, the placement of that filter.

I also see that while the Max is shod with larger tires, there still isn't any ground clearance, to speak of, as stuff is hung below the axle negating any ground clearance gained by larger tires.

But then, ground clearance and super low COG are difficult to achieve.

Thanks for the shots, Dave. Great stuff.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #238  
Not sure if the GC is as bad, but I really dont like where the hydraulic filter is on that MAX.:mad:

But I am sure us "armchair" engineers can find faults with about any make. Not singling out the max to try to make it look bad, just observing. I didn't like the unprotected location of the hydraulic filter on my L either. That is why I made a skid plate for it

The filter is actually higher than it looks in the picture, certainly not a low point. And with a loader installed it gets a protective wrap. Also, the ground clearance is actually decent.

I often think the bottom of tractors could be shielded better. The loader rails do add some protection on the Max, even if they were not designed for that reason.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 558
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #239  
That is a better perspective. You're right, Dave. It isn't much worse than most and better than some in filter protection.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #240  
The filter is actually higher than it looks in the picture, certainly not a low point. And with a loader installed it gets a protective wrap. Also, the ground clearance is actually decent.

I often think the bottom of tractors could be shielded better. The loader rails do add some protection on the Max, even if they were not designed for that reason.

I assume the clearance issue with the Max is one low-hanging drawbar (5.7"), not indicative of the rest of the undercarriage? If I recall correctly, the Max has a better quality draw-bar than other diminutive tractors I've looked at.