Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #271  
Any thoughts on how the Mahindra Max line stacks up to the LS products with similar HP? Also, which are the most appropriate comparison models in the Deere, Massey or McCormick lines?

Thank you very much in advance!

I have not driven the small LS tractor or looked it over carefully, so I can't really comment on it fairly. They do use a Mitsubishi engine in their small tractor, and that is a good thing. I've had people ask me if Mitsubishi makes tractors for LS and just paints them blue, and the answer is "no". Mitsubishi supplies diesel engines for all sorts of commercial, industrial and ag markets, even to it's competitors. Just like you will see Kubota engines in many sorts of industrial machines.

As far as comparison models for the other brands, I am afraid that is subject of much debate. It is really hard to get an apples to apples comparison. If we go with HP only, we get a huge range of tractors. If we go by width, that doesn't help much either. Same with weight, or lift capacities. Each brand tends to do comparisons for which it makes their product look best, and almost always the other brand cries foul. I could give you my list, but I'd just stir the pot and that probably isn't a good idea now that this thread has finally calmed down. :thumbsup:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #272  
Each brand tends to do comparisons for which it makes their product look best, and almost always the other brand cries foul. I could give you my list, but I'd just stir the pot and that probably isn't a good idea now that this thread has finally calmed down. :thumbsup:

So, one last question: what makes a SCUT a SCUT?:laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #274  
There are many good dealers, but I take that as a compliment and thank you!

Some of our outstanding dealers just haven't embraced the Internet much yet, so you won't see them on TBN, but they might still be an excellent place to buy a tractor.

Let's keep it simple: If it has a real drawbar, it isn't a SCUT:)

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #277  
LD1 said:
My L3400 is NOT a SCUT. I park it in the garage AND used to mow the lawn with it.:confused2:

You are in violation of local SCUT ordinances. Park that CUT in a barn and use it only to bush hog fields or we will send the SCUT Police after you for impersonating a lawn tractor.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #279  
It is a SCUT if it has turf tires

You cant clearly see the AG tires on it in my avitar???? Look to the left right below my username:thumbsup:

Oh, and they make some pretty LARGE turf tires too BTW. I suppose those fit SUB COMPACT tractors too right???:laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #280  
You are in violation of local SCUT ordinances. Park that CUT in a barn and use it only to bush hog fields or we will send the SCUT Police after you for impersonating a lawn tractor.

:laughing::laughing:

Thats funny. I actually dont park it in the "garage". But then again, I dont park anything but the cars in the "garage". The Kubota, ZTR mower, etc. all get parked in the "shop".:thumbsup:

I quit calling it a barn when I poured concrete, put up overhead doors (not sliders), insulated, and installed a barrel stove and air-conditioner. So it is now a "shop" to me. And that is where things get parked until I have to move them out to work on something else